Are you looking for work during school hours?

spoonty

There's a nice parent out there who would love work during school time. Leaping down this poor persons throat because they didn't vet their post over and over again so as not to attract the vitriol of the forum is counter productive. You will put people off posting and we could all miss out on interesting opportunities which are hard to come by. The original post has been removed now so perhaps this has already happened. The original poster already took on opinion and edited to say parents and not mummys.

Sadly employers NEED to be aware of sex discrimination laws as even well meaning errors can land you in an expensive legal case. It's tough on small employers as they're experts in their field, not HR. But flagging it up isn't having a go at them - it's trying to be helpful

Well that will be the last time spoonty tries to do a good thing on here, well done EDF give yourself a hand.

I actually clicked on this thread because it might have been of interest for my wife. Thanks for screwing that up for everyone. Idiots.

Before you posted, the OP already changed her language to parent rather than mother in follow up posts. Trying to reach out directly to those most potentially in need of flexible working hours shouldn't be criticized. Also, there is a way to highlight a potential oversight someone has made without being unkind.

When I posted, the ad read 'mummies' and spoonty clearly stated that the company wanted to employ a mother, not a parent. That's not a 'potential' oversight, that is clear statement of an intention to discriminate. Look at the time stamps on the posts.

But I'm in the wrong and unkind for not pointing out this breach of law in the nicest, kindest possible way so as not to hurt spoonty's feelings? Ok, if you say so.

FFS, get over yourself. They posted on a forum used mostly by mothers, and aimed their post at that audience. It's not like they put a sign up in the job centre asking for just "mummies".

You come across as someone that will look for offence even when none is meant, and your post above about racial descrimination is just a joke, and an insulting one at that.

Don't get me wrong, the word "mummies" is vomit inducing, and it's good that it was changed to "parent", but the point is they were trying to offer a job opportunity. I'd rather see that opportunity with some badly selected wording than not see it at all.