Dulwich Baths - refurbishment timetable

EDmummy

It is definitely September:

Fusion website - download PDF

'Investing in Leisure Programme

Dulwich Leisure Centre ? Frequently Asked Questions

1. What is the programme schedule for Dulwich Leisure Centre?

The construction work commenced (on time) on Tuesday 5 May 2009. The revised two work phases are:

Phase 1 ? May 2009 to September 2010 ? Pool, roof, wet side changing rooms, new entrance building and

studios

Phase 2 ? September 2010 to March 2011 ? Gym, dry side changing rooms, staff area and renovated old

entrance...'

They are blaming snow and vandalism/burglary.

Mr Barber, just got to say that since your party decided to jump into bed with the Tories, you're spelling has deteriorated badly. Every posting of yours is riddled with errors. Much like the Condem government. It must be difficult knowing that you're going to feel the full backlash of the electorate when your time comes. Well done on winning in May. Treasure the victory....you won't be seeing another one again. Best Tony

I've just been told by council officers that the new reception area and pool will open the weekend 25/26 September. Sneak preview for councillors, etc 23 September. Frustrating that its slipped a week in a week, but guess this is worknig out the final timetable and frankly just relieved it now booked.

Get you cossie's and towerls ready East Dulwich.

Sorry if this has been asked before (I don't have the time to sift through five pages worth of posts!) but does anyone what will happen whilst the gym is being refurbed? Will there be any sort of temporary gym or will we be directed to the nearest Fusion?

I can tell you that we are planning for a pool re-opening for Dulwich Leisure Centre at the end of September... more news to follow at the end of the month. See this link for FAQs on the Southwark web site: http://www.southwark.gov.uk/downloads/download/2353/leisure_investment_frequently_asked_questions

Meanwhile, please look at the posting in the General News section on this forum to get involved in the 'Memories' campaign at Dulwich.

Julie Vindis - Stakeholder Communications Manager

Southwark Council - Investing in Leisure Programme

Gawd, I've missed having the pool just around the corner from me and look forward to the grand opening(whenever that may be). Does anyone know if my Fusion membership will still be valid at East Dulwich? I only ask because I know that you cant use it at Brockwell despite it being a Fusion Gym.

Does anyone know how much it costs to join the pool (when it finally opens) - I just want a swim only membership, I checked out JAGS which is lovely but expensive to join up and further away than the fusion one will be when it opens.

Oh, Julie, give me and the rest of us a break from your Pollyana-ish nonsense! The pool is six months behind schedule, which is not acceptable, likewise the excuse (no, not reason) given that it was because of the cold weather. I am not a typically cynical, bash-the-politicians type, but I am a realist and apply common sense and reasonable-mindedness to my criticisms. The Dulwich Baths Affair is officially a FAIL.

Nero Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Oh, Julie, give me and the rest of us a break from

> you politically motivated Pollyana nonsense! The

> pool is six months behind schedule, which is not

> acceptable, as is the excuse (no, not reason)

> given that it was because of the cold weather. I

> am not a typically cynical, bash-the-politicians

> type, but I am a realist and apply common sense

> and reasonable-mindedness to my criticisms. The

> Dulwich Baths Affair is officially a FAIL.

I think if Julie came on and made a public apology for the work being so delayed...that would go some way to

meeting us half way.

I cant remember the exact timescales...but this work has been delayed from May to July to August to end Of September.

I really do hope that Dulwich Leisure Centre stick to their word and open the pool on 25/26th September

This seems such a shame that the lovely hot summer will be over by the time the pool opens.