Yilmaz (kebab shop)

Guest Nova

Yes i know its only a kebab shop but theres no other one like it, open till 5am some nights, friendly atmos.,can get drink from there after 11, sometimes they have a hot guy in there :S lol

prefer it to kebab and wine and dulwich kebab shop.

most times on weekend theres always something going on in there an it spews out onto the street for some low entertainment value lol just never stops there

Someone told me that one of these places used to have a secret after-hours drinking den. You had to go through an unmarked door to get to it. Seriously! Anyone know anything about it?

I can confirm that the so "secret" drinking den ( by the way loads of them in London thriving right now ) is now the restaurant next door.

Surely the best kebab shop in East Dulwich... and since few months they have another one in Peckham Rye close to the Del Boy Pub.....

MR Yilmaz ( who came here several years ago very poor and is now very rich ) also owns the cafeteria right next to the Palmerston Pub...

batdog

Well, we could be talking about the den out the back of Kebab and Wine a few doors further down Lordship Lane. It's not actually secret, nor strictly speaking a den as it is fully licensed, but you pay 10 pounds to get in, which converts into drink and food tokens, then you can buy wine or cans of beer until the wee hours of the morning. I've left at 5:30 recently and it was all still going strong.

Once upon a time there even used to be belly dancing, but not seeen that for a while.

In my opinion Yilmaz is the best in an extremely bad bunch of kebab shops in SE22. I've been to the restuarant twice and didn't enjoy the experience either time. The take out shop is worse. I've always had bad guts after a kebab there.

The best kebabs by far are too far up North of the river!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, missed this thread when I was away, but feel I have to comment. Yilmaz has gone from being a great kebab shop, to being foul!

That said, I was in Australia recently, and having tried about 3 kebabs there, I was longing for Yilmaz or Stab n'wine.

Also, used to live in Liverpool, and can confirm that they know nothing about kebabs up north!

Yilmaz is definately not as good as it used to be! I think the bench mark for being the best kebab shop in dulwich was their Rap Rolls! However, in the last 2 years their Rap rolls have gone down the drain! If its a tasty burger your after then Kebab and wine is the place to go. I used to go to Yilmaz all the time but now ive moved from Kebabs to chiken which I fear will spark a new debate! Which Chicken shop? Favourite Chicken or Maxin?