Missing Post In East Dulwich (Especially Lordship Lane) not strike related

Will_i_am

Sounds like a matter for the police. When I told Amazon that we'd had our two previous packages go missing they said they would take the matter seriously and contact Royal Mail (stealing Her Majesty's mail is still probably treason or something). Seriously though it does seem there is a problem.

Mrs Bob S Birthday on the 26th 4 cards gone missing and I have had lots of post gone astray have made all the proper complaints just get a replie the case is being looked in to this is over the last 6 years.

Bob S

Hi,

I have noticed recently that a lot of mail with wrong numbers ends up at wrong addresses. Almost every week we receive at least 2 or 3 and we always make sure to return them, I guess many other people just bin them. I think they should check with their postman's it doesn't seems they are doing their job properly.

Im at the top of Lordship Lane, fed up with the reliability of our postal service. Have been awaiting 7 parcels all sent 2 weeks ago. Two of which arrived yesterday, one arrived today, but still 4 missing or delayed. It was fine just before this 2 week window, parcels were arriving within 2 days. As they should! But now its just awful again. Not one of my usual postmen at the minute. We have 3 different posties normally. Could they be drafting in casual posties because of summer holidays?

I'm aware of warnings online of suppliers and businesses recommending to not send anything through ED sorting office as things regularly go missing - a quick search in Google will bring up other forums advising against sending within this area. But what are you supposed to do if its your local sorting office, what no post? Complaint upon complaint needs to be made about this missing post and parcels. I understand their troubles at Christmas, the amount of parcels being sent around that period is bound to cause a bit of a backlog, but now, there is no excuse. Apparently the sorting office is empty of all parcels, and everything is being delivered everyday. So where is all this missing post?

I just want my post!

Well I find my post and my neighbours has been opened and then rather poorly sealed (believe me I have complained about this). This always happens when the regular postie is off, not when he's on. I've had so much stuff missing that I did start sending a test (nice fat looking birthday card) through the post - and behold, it never turned up!

So I think there's someone with a light finger in ED, sorry to say it.

I've had 2 bank cards go missing in the last 10 days alone plus numerous Amazon parcels that have mysteriously got lost in the ether. I now get important stuff sent to work address. Hugely annoying. Have notified sorting office on countless occasions but nothing seems to change.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been waiting since mid July for a parcel with Family History stuff in

from a distant relative in Canada, who keeps asking me if I have received it yet.

Also two letters from Southwark Fostering,

have not arrived, and were sent in the past two weeks.

We sometimes get letters put through for nearby streets with the same house

number as ours, which we either catch the Postman as he walks off, or we put them

through the relevant doors.

This only happens when it's not our regular Postman.

Yep a couple of birthday cards/ cheques went missing last week. I was told a couple of years back that postmen 'don't always have time to leave a card' when I chased up a missing parcel on the off chance with the sorting office. Thankfully the parcel was being held there, they just failed to actually let me know. I'm Peckham Rye.

SilverSurfer65 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I've been waiting since mid July for a parcel with

> Family History stuff in

> from a distant relative in Canada, who keeps

> asking me if I have received it yet.

>

> Also two letters from Southwark Fostering,

> have not arrived, and were sent in the past two

> weeks.

>

> We sometimes get letters put through for nearby

> streets with the same house

> number as ours, which we either catch the Postman

> as he walks off, or we put them

> through the relevant doors.

>

> This only happens when it's not our regular

> Postman.

Update -

The two letters arrived today from Southwark Fostering,

dated 25th and 31st August.

Still no parcel from Canada.

• 1 month later...

This isn't royal mail related. Does anyone else get their parcels stolen from outside your property?

We had some metal shed shelves delivered at about 6am a couple of years ago and they were gone within a couple of hours I think. Got replacement for free as they shouldn't have left them out on a main road.

Today I had a parcel delivered at mid-day and got a delivery text at 4 saying it had been "left in a safe place as authorised". I went outside to check and was unsurprised to find it wasn't there. I will be being sent a replacement as I did not authorise it to be left in such a silly place!

These are the only two times delivery couriers have left something for us outside our property (sort of, first time there was a shed there too but that's not as easy to pilfer) and both items were gone within hours. I think it's so sad that there must be quite a few people out there who would see a parcel and think ooh i'll take that.

Anyone else experienced this?

Edited to add my parcel has just turned up in the flat upstairs - think they took it in so it didn't get nicked - woo I have faith in society again.

sophiesofa Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Anyone else experienced this?

xxxxxx

I once came home to find a note "Parcel left in bin."

They had left it in my wheelie bin on top of the rubbish :)) Luckily it wasn't a collection day .....

Another time a book I had ordered didn't arrive so I phoned to find out why, and was told it had been left "on my wall" - not surprisingly, it was nicked, given that "on my wall" is right next to the pavement in full view.

The funny thing was the book was called (wait for it) "How To Get Things For Free." This is absolutely true. At least the thief must have had a good laugh when s/he opened it, though I doubt they found the book very interesting :))

Neither of the above was due to Royal Mail or Parcelforce, they were both private couriers.

In the bin, brilliant! We've had paper letters/small parcels either thrown over (!) our tall gate or pocked under instead of the post box whilst it's raining.

I'm on Lordship Lane so whoever thought it was a good idea to leave my parcel in plain view is either a bit silly, lazy or naive.

Wow, this is amazing and worth forwarding to the correct administrative authorities~ all this week I have received the neighbour's mail everyday through my letterbox and nothing addressed to me. Terrible and careless service. Any names I don't recognize I re-post with 'not at this address~return to sender'. I have had neighbours kindly pass misdirected mail back to me and vice versa, but I wonder what is missed? Also, several overseas packets I have mailed from the Plough post without registering (the contents were not worth the customs duty the recipient would have to pay upon receipt) never arrived. I had put address, return address, and phone number in more than one spot on the packages and at least five have never made it to their destination, including Christmas gifts, and queries have already been made at the receiving end. Boo! As a side note, the Royal Mail vans are, bar none, the scariest, most reckless drivers on the road, and the apparent condition of the vans proves this; my conclusion being, are the postal workers of questionable character? Do they need a review, an 'upgrade'? Thanks for your time!

I had a hmrc cheque 'stolen' by local sorting office ie intercepted and not posted to me and the cheeky beggars had the cheek to cash it somehow at bank on lordship lane!!!

Also 3 times in past 6 months I've had recorded deliveries put through my door without postman having me or anyone sign for them and have had parcel cards put thru without postman even knocking or ringing!!

And yes the van drivers drive appallingly and recently I was overtaken by one on college road on a spead bump coming up to a zebra crossing ..

I had a chat with one of the guys in the Sylvester Road sorting office some months ago about these types of problems and he told me that they are not doing the usual stringent security checks that they used to do when he was appointed. Also they use agency staff- one of these in my road asked my daughter where a house was because he didn't understand the odd/even numbers on different sides of the street!