Nick Griffin on Question Time

????

A wasted opportunity to expose him and his idiotic views IMO...let the man speak liberals, he's an idiot. Instead - he can and has hidden behind all that 'no freedom of speech if you're white ', 'liberal establishment', 'lefty BBC set me up' talk

I thought the whole thing was a farce. Making the whole program revolve around him just gives them more credibility and people that already feel marginalised and that they have no voice will flock to him. It would have been much better to completely ignore the BNP race issues and simply ask him about policy, NHS, Education, Transport etc that he would have been unable to answer effectively.

Cassette Boy vs Nick Griffin on YouTube is very funny.

It does not give him more credibility, that is a nonsense. What it did do, was allow him the oh so predictable Martyr card, which sure enough, we all woke up to the next day. They should have allowed him to speak on the issues of the day, and that would have been where the real damage could have been done. Basically, what quids said.

The BBC should be horse whipped for putting together that bumbling panel led by Jack Straw*. Instead of putting the BNP on the spot the whole frenzy and hysteria of audience and panel ultimately let Griffin off the hook.

* If Jack Straw is one of the elite no wonder Tony Blair ran government like a dictatorship.

Nick Griffin is in the position he is in because no one is allowed to talk about the immigration issue as it is deemed by many as racist.

Until, as iaineasy says, they are given enough rope to hang themselves, they will remain, judging by the TV ratings, a powerful force.

Immigration policies in my opinion, should be debated openly and fairly, and not by a bunch of right or left wing thugs but by the population at large.

The sooner the better say I.

What I would have liked to have seen is Labour put up a white working class MP on the panel. It looked so - Sean I mean this genuinely on this occasion - so metropilitanly PC the BNP could and did walk away saying 'that's not Britain'. I'd have liked some one like Cruddas (who I quite like) on there - sadly I think he put real politic above principles as too many of his constituency are mild BNP sympathisers so he didn't want to alienate them. Just someone whou could look at Griffin and say "Bollox Mr Griffin you don't represent the voice of the white working class of this country so f*ck off". Straw is an absolute divot agreed.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Well at least you didn’t live here when we used to have Concorde 😂 can’t lie though, I actually find it comforting, haven’t known anything different and only realised it was a thing when a visitor pointed it out last year. It’s when the helicopters come around that it gets annoying and that used to be fairly regular too. Before the area… changed…
    • As long as there are other ways to offer feedback, but also to speak to the council about this matter, then 1-1 feedback to GALA is not a problem, but an additional option. 
    • It's four bus stops away so hardly a deterrent unless one has mobility issues. Gala nor any other events organisers are under obligation to do what they've agreed to do. I'm sure if those who are serious and want to be heard will make the effort to attend the meeting. Whether their concerns have an impact or are taken seriously. Unless you can prove Gala have purposely chosen Peckham Levels as a means to deter people from attending i don't think it helps matters by implying that there's some sort of agenda or conspiracy going on. From following this thread it appears that's it's you with the agenda. Your display of arrogance in the post above ( Let's not pretend ) suggests that we're all in agreement with you.
    • I’m Greek, and I get my information directly from Greek media. I couldn't access the Economist article, but it doesn't seem very different from what I mentioned, apart from their ideological angle—and thanks for adding the actual text. If the government involves other private educational institutions, the situation will become more complicated indeed. However, I don't think it can be compared to the Greek situation for the reasons I mentioned and those in the Economist article, which I find prejudiced and patronizing, if not racist. (But a gap between ideology and real life is something with which many Greeks seem to live quite contented) Regarding the Economist's information, I'm not sure how many private schools closed, as the Economist claims, since the law only lasted for two months. I definitely know of one school in Piraeus called Michalopouleio, but given the law's brief duration, it can't be the sole reason.  Tsipras sending his sons to a private school does create an ethical problem. However, asking him to send his sons to a public school, when public education has been chronically neglected by right-wing governments, is similar to asking leftists to give away all their money.  Additionally, the right-wing government has introduced legislation that allows private colleges and universities this year, so there's no “problem” there anymore.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In