"Bigbadwolf's" reply

Ladymuck

GOD ENOUGH

Its pretty parochial to think of Facebook or this forum or Twitter as some kind of personal album or journal, they are all prefixed with WWW aren't they ? as in WORLD WIDE WEB

Anyone who has posted anything online has lost the rights to it by nature of it being out there , personally I haven't put my images of me or my family up on line, why? well because they are private. Post yourself or your friends online and suffer the consequence. It doesn't take a great leap to think "how will this be used" does it ?

Yes, the BBW is/ was a little full on at times . So he recognised you from your pictures that are on-line in the first place, along with your favorite colour & your cats name blah, blah.

It's easy to do given time & talent, remember he's 25 years old, bright & computer literate, no laws were broken as the info was already in the public domain plus, remember who put it there, you!

So get a grip please,it works two ways.

He's taken his licks, he's off the Forum, so leave him be

W**F

Dont people on facebook want to be popular ?

--------------------------------------------------

some people I guess and twitterers. The more you put yourself out there with blogging facebook myspace twitter etc the more likely you are to get the occasional oddball, thats the price of social networking and no offence to DM but she seems to be the most proffessional of us on that front, I have read her blog seen her twitter page (dont worry I'm not stalking you) if the links are there and you have time on your hands you follow them. I guess the weird thing is approaching someone after or taking it that next step, maybe bbw is just more of an extrovert than most and prepared to say hi, I don't know him well enough to be able to say, I suppose there is a difference between "follow me on twitter" and follow me down the park though.

Yes, the BBW is/ was a little full on at times . So he recognised you from your pictures that are on-line in the first place, along with your favorite colour & your cats name blah, blah.

It's easy to do given time & talent, remember he's 25 years old, bright & computer literate, no laws were broken as the info was already in the public domain plus, remember who put it there, you!

So get a grip please,it works two ways.

He's taken his licks, he's off the Forum, so leave him be

----------------------

exactly.

Jah Lush Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Word.

Double word.

I've made nearly 5000 posts (of utter drivel, admittedly) on here. I'm on MyFace. I have a website for the purposes of work. It's all out there. But it's up to me to decide what trail to leave and I have decided not to join the dots.

So my identity rests in the safe hands of the Admins on here and, er, someone from Sydenham. (*gulp*)

*Bob* Wrote:

> Jah Lush Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Word.

>

> Double word.

>

> I've made nearly 5000 posts (of utter drivel,

> admittedly) on here. I'm on MyFace. I have a

> website for the purposes of work. It's all out

> there. But it's up to me to decide what trail to

> leave and I have decided not to join the dots.

>

> So my identity rests in the safe hands of the

> Admins on here and, er, someone from Sydenham.

> (*gulp*)

Sydenham, hey I live there. Do I know him or her ?

Anyway there are only two people on here who know me (out of costume with the dog head unzipped ) one is a pesky relative. The other is "%@*$& ... so you know them , yes ?

W**F

* this message will destroy it's self in 30 seconds ( Admin press the RED button NOW)*

iaineasy Wrote:

>....I can't wait for the day I

> get one of ladymucks crocs through the post then

> and only then will I feel like I have made it!!

> hugs

Hmmm, I see...don't suppose you'd accept a smelly old trainer instead, or perhaps a leaky wellie? Couldn't bear to part with a "croc".

(*giggles michievously*)

Hugs.

Come on people - there's photos from past drinks, there's Facebook, regular posters have a persona often let people know quite alot about themselves, there's a group on Facebook called "East Dulwich is the coolest place in London" (HA HA by the way), you can easily find some of the more 'famous' posters just with those, then just look at their friends - it's not bleedin difficult if you can be arsed, I'm not that bothered but everyone has a bit of curiosity and I've certainly identified a fair few posters on here on Facebook, and am friends with a few now GO ON GO AND FIND ME....to a degree isn't that the whole point of Facebook, if you're bothered get off it! The internet opens us all up to this if you then google or do a linked-in search you'll probably find out loads about people just from what they've put in the public domain (incidentally I haven't done that on anyone on here). If you've a blog and twitter you're shouting even louder LOOK AT ME...and to a degree that's what it is all about, isn't it, this social networking thing?

BBW once put up a post saying he was naturally inquisitive and fancied himself as an amateur detective and I'm sure he just did a bit of the above nothing more sinister. He's a reasonably confident bloke but probably a little bit insensitive to thinking about the impact of just going up to stranger and saying "Hi you're XXX from the EDF" . Personally I'm sure there is nothing more worrying than BBW being a bit insensitive to this as was his posting sometime - he's a pretty normal bloke for a cross-bow wielding, demolition expert from 'up there'.

Seriously, to continually talk about him as a stalker is not just untrue but also unfair when he has no way of replying. the bloke lives round here, drinks round here and is known by quite a lot of people.

???? Wrote:

>

> Seriously, to continually talk about him as a

> stalker is not just untrue but also unfair when he

> has no way of replying. the bloke lives round

> here, drinks round here and is known by quite a

> lot of people.

Eh - and he owes me a tenner (have I mentioned that before.....).

I'm off to track him down on Facebook.

Think I'll try that "Forest Hill Morris Dancing Demolition Group" page first.

Can everyone on here really say they've never cyber-stalked someone? The thing that BBW did was to boast about it and reference personal info on here, which was gauche but hardly criminal.

That said, for those people who are naturally less solipsistic or choose to put themselves about on cyberspace less than I do, the thought of being outed is not necessarily fun.

The guy's been banned for poor behaviour, not poor character. I would argue the two things are not the same.

woofmarkthedog Wrote:

> Anyway there are only two people on here who know

> me (out of costume with the dog head unzipped )

> one is a pesky relative. The other is "%@*$& ...

> so you know them , yes ?>

>

> W**F

Hey your pesky relative has told me where to find you, and what you look like on faceoff book :-$

Freaky is all I can say

???? Wrote>. Personally I'm sure there is nothing more worrying than BBW being a bit insensitive to this as was his posting sometime - he's a pretty normal bloke for a cross-bow wielding, demolition expert from 'up there'. <

Seriously, to continually talk about him as a stalker is not just untrue but also unfair when he has no way of replying.

Think the "Strongbow" ad.

W**F

*Ar*e's tighten*

To be fair Sue, one just needs to click the link in your sig., and your picture, full name, and the names' of your slippers are there for all to see!

Sue Wrote:

> BBW came up to me in a shop and said he knew who I

> was because he had tracked me down from the ED

> forum to my Facebook page.

>

> It made me feel quite uncomfortable as I haven't

> posted the Facebook link anywhere and nor is my

> surname anywhere on the forum, so he must have

> gone to a lot of trouble to do it.

>

> I think it's rather strange behaviour to go to

> such lengths to find out about someone you haven't

> even met, and I'm with dulwichmum on this one.