Infant Homeopathic immunisations

skip

I can understand getting sceptical about scientific research (which is not perfect!), but trusting other methods which have not faced the same testing is also a risk.

Good luck, having the same worries about jabs, will prob get them done though!

Go and look at infant death rates from a whole host of diseases and infections - some of which have been more or less eliminated - before standard innoculations were introduced and then look at death rates since they were introduced , then stop believing 3rd age quackery.

Here Here ????

See these articles: http://www.badscience.net/2007/11/a-kind-of-magic/

http://www.badscience.net/2008/08/the-medias-mmr-hoax/

even the claim that homeopathic remedies can be as effective as placebo are of no use when treating/immunising infants!

With respect to the original poster, I think that if you are asking for advice/opinions of people who have gone down the homeopathic route, you are essentially requesting pro-homeopathic dogma! It may well be that what you view as pro-immunisation dogma is actually the result of concerned parents having done their research!!

HTH

Try asking the homeopath for some of their hocus pocus when your child has meningococcal septicaemia, mumps encephalitis or some other preventable childhood infection that can kill or leave longterm neurological impairment. These illnesses are still endemic in parts of the world that are not lucky enough to have access to vaccinations. This isn't just an issue for you and your child, it is a public health issue.

http://www.healthtreasures.com/vaccinations-parents-guide.html

Hi Skip, there are other alternatives to vaccines along with homeopathy, link above to one book, which I've got to say I haven't read. I think its important to make your own choice, soon we may not have that choice, there have been many protests worldwide recently against mandatory vaccines. I absolutely believe people should accept others decisions instead of trying to turn it into a public issue rather than what it is, a personal decision.

antijen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> http://www.healthtreasures.com/vaccinations-parent

> s-guide.html

>

> Hi Skip, there are other alternatives to vaccines

> along with homeopathy, link above to one book,

> which I've got to say I haven't read. I think its

> important to make your own choice, soon we may not

> have that choice, there have been many protests

> worldwide recently against mandatory vaccines. I

> absolutely believe people should accept others

> decisions instead of trying to turn it into a

> public issue rather than what it is, a personal

> decision.

Really? Thanks to a sustained anti-MMR campaign led by the likes of the Daily Mail, based on no scientific evidence incidentally, MMR take-up has dropped to a low enough level that measles has sprung up again in this area. Measles is not the cuddly child-friendly illness that the same media organisations may lead you to believe - it can kill or lead to permanant brain damage in very young children. That could be any one of our pre-MMR age children exposed to this disease. Of course it is a public issue!

It is very much a public issue. Due to a couple of children at school contracting rubella, due to their parents not having them immunised, it put two members of staff at risk who were pregnant at the time. Birth defects or miscarriage are not minor inconveniences. Not to mention the ill health of the children.

This is obviously an issue which presses buttons, so it's good to hear views calmly expressed.

My view is that while immunisation is a personal decision, it's important to bear in mind that it isn't only your own child's health that will be affected by your decision. It is only when the vast majority of children are immunised that diseases die out, and children are safe.

I keep an open mind and have read with interest information on homeopathy, but have yet to see anything that I have found compelling and coherent enough to take up.

The public issue for some is why are the pharmaceutical companies being allowed to continue poisoning our children. Randomv I suggest you look further than the daily mail and you will find scientific evidence of this. Espelli, I believe at school they should vaccinate at the end of a term, then children who are not being vaccinated would not be in so close contact after, with children vaccinated who may be infectious. That would solve the problem from both sides.

RandomV's point was that it was an idiot campaign based on discredited science by a doctor who has been struck off led by the likes of the Daily Mail that led to a reduction in MMR jabs which has, surprise surprise, now a few years later led to an increase in measles and the likes for the first time in years.

Did homeopathy lead to the eradication of Polio?

How do rates of infant mortality in high innoculation countires compare to those in low?

What were infant mortality rates like in the UK before mass innoculation?

These are questions and facts that people that really want to know the answer should be asking. It's not about choice it's about scientific fact versus mumbo jumbo

Thank you ????, that was precisely my point. I think it is fairly obvious from what I am saying that I do not read the Daily Mail or take my science facts from the mainstream media.

It is from the research I have done since having my own child that I struggle to understand why anyone would consider using the likes of homeopathy on their child. Let's be clear: despite the conspiracy theories, homeopathy has never been subjected to anything like the rigorous, scientific and sustained global testing programs that 'traditional' medicines have.

I've shown you my evidence for this (available free of charge incidentally, despite the author having a book available to buy) and all of the claims here are clearly referenced in terms of the research, i.e. 100% transparent. I'm open minded so am interested to consider any similarly scientific and transparent evidence to support homeopathic innoculations. My own research has thus far failed to uncover any (and I'm not prepared to pay for that book that was linked to read all about anecdotal evidence) Per my first post, there is some evidence to suggest that homeopathy can be as effective as a placebo (as is the case with some anti-depressants incidentally) which is all well and good and does have it's place in treatment of some conditions, but that is not appropriate for use in infants (who cannot be subject to a placebo effect!)

Finally, with regards to parents wanting options, of course we do - we live in an age of choice, however we also have to understand that sometimes there isn't a 'third way' and we can't create one to suit our purposes if it doesn't exist.

antijen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> http://theflucase.com/index.php?option=com_content

> &view=article&id=679%3Aevent-uk-protest-against-ma

> ndatory-vaccination-on-october-3rd-&catid=41%3Ahig

> hlighted-news&Itemid=105&lang=en

>

> Heidi HI The options and choice may be taken away.

I'm sorry antijen but this is precisely the kind of misreporting that leads to unfounded fears.

http://www.advisorybodies.doh.gov.uk/jcvi/JCVI_biennialreport_2007-8.pdf

Appendix B shows a list of members and all of their personal interests and fee paying consultancy. Again 100% transparent.

This is an advisory agency, reporting into the Department of Health.

Antijen et al - immunisation should not be a personal choice. By not immunising your children, you put other children (even those who have been immunised) at risk. In fact you are more at risk being an immunised child in an area with insufficient rates of immunisation than an un-immunised child in an area with a high take-up. I don't mind if you are pro/anti-homeopathy but by anyone who takes the selfish decision to not immunise their children should understand the consquences.

A lot of parents use homeopathy before immunising to limit the reactions to immunisations, maybe that is what Skip means?

Also we don't have much choice because I cannot find anything with regards to splitting the 5 in 1 etc injections, it seems to be all or nothing leaving some parents to opt for nothing. I do think parents should be able to spilt the jabs if they're worried about overloading their babies immune system such in my case as my immune system is compromised and judging by the way my son reacts to treatment in hospital and his jabs, it was too much for him. The USA has a catch up schedule for parents who space out the jabs or start the jabs when their babies are slightly older, I cannot find any information for the UK version online leaving me to believe we don't get any choices, can someone prove me wrong?

But just remember, in the US under the way their insurance works, those may be considered out of pocket expenses depending on how much your insurance covers. Sure you have the choice, but you do have to pay for it. I assume in the UK there is an all or nothing approach because the jabs are covered under the NHS. Not to mention that US schools have the right to refuse entry of a child who does not have all of the jabs they require.

There does not seems to be private clinic who offer the jabs separately. I have no problems paying for it, but according to the NHS website, these clinics are not licensed and so on. I want my son to have his jabs but at a pace that I feel comfortable with in order not to compromise his immune system since he might inherit a rubbish one like mine and I don't want it to trigger off psoriasis in him so I prefer to not overload his system but as I said, in the UK it does not look like we have any choices at all, that is my issue, we should have some choices.

Homeopathic immunistations have not undergone the 10 or 15 years of clinical trials that standard medicine has to undergo by law. The evidence for the efficacy of homeopathic immunisation is entirely 'anecdotal'. This doesnt worry me very much with topical aplications of alternative therapies, but I would not consider injecting untrialed substances into myself, my children, and especially not my babies.

Good luck with your decision Skip, the first of many many moral dilemmas ahead!!

http://www.whale.to/vaccines/smallpox7.html

Above link shows how vaccines cannot be separated with greed, control and scare. None of my children were vaccinated, none of my friends children who were, were affected by my choice, njc97; why if you believe that vaccinated children are protected would they be more at risk. I have no problem with people choosing to vaccinated there children and I do not believe the decision is taking lightly, ????, I believe there is a bigger choice than scientific and "mumbo jumbo", often put like this by people who are unable to have respect for other peoples decisions. randomv, I googled and found the book as it seems to have different alternative alongside homeopathy, I believe the goverment give out misleading info using scare tactics.