EDF Drinks - 4th Dec - at Boho Bar

georgia

Well, I had a completely new experience after two years of forum drinks...

I tried to introduce myself to someone and was completely snubbed.

That is not what the drinks, or the forum, used to be about.

And to think, the person who did the snubbing is one of those who bleats a lot about inclusivity.

Kind of ruined an otherwise excellent night. Shame.

I suspect it was BN5. He can be a bit rude sometimes. I would not take it personally anna, he is just playing hard to get.

I thought you looked rubbish and were very dull actually. Oh wait, no, it wasn't me what did the snubbin. Fabulous indeed and a very foxy dress if I may say so...

Actually, a lot of people were looking terrific last night, and I'm pretty sure that wasn't just my beer goggles.

Have woken up with sore feet and my hands smell of kebab - excellent night, exactly what the doctor ordered.

That's terrible Anna, sorry to hear that.

Big boo to the snubber, shame on you, really.

If even Wolfie and Jah Luh can get on like the gentlemen they are over a hot toddie then there's absolutely no excuse for anyone else to behave like that. I demand an apology to the enigmatic and rather wonderful ms j.

Well, I was there very early, and left for the CPT, thus snubbing the lot of ya!

Part of me would have liked to stay, but it's been a long week, and I just couldn't be doing with it. Feel gutted to have missed AnnaJ though :'(

As an aside, I got a round of 3 and a half lagers, and one cider, and got 50p back from ?20. WTF!?!?!?!?!?

mockney piers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> If even Wolfie and Jah Luh can get on like the

> gentlemen they are over a hot toddie then there's

> absolutely no excuse for anyone else to behave

> like that.

Quite - even the wolf undrestood that having the occasional online barney with someone didn't mean you needed to be rude in person. Civility: an advanced concept, it seems, and not one that all have grasped.

It was Slash, Keef. SLASH.

It's all a bit High School this. You're not exactly shy and retiring with your views AnnaJ and can be a bit preachy at times so you're always going to wind a few people up.... but no excuse for poor manners. I don't think last night should be remembered for this. I really enjoyed it.

It was a great night and good to catch up with people and meet some new forumites too. Legal, daizie, LM, Georgia and Raj were a blast from early on in the evening when the music downstairs was quiet and good to meet rcmacf. The place did get packed , mingling was easy enough though and the service was good i think, nice touch with the foodie bits. A good venue.

I didn't get round to chatting with annaj, but regarding snubbing as written above, I would say leave it in the past if you guys can though and have a drink together, i'm sure it's possible.:)-D

Was this snub definately intentional?

I'm fairly certain. I walked over and introduced myself with a smile and a jokey remark about getting on better in person (much the same as I did when I first met you) and was met with stoney silence and a slow look up and down (what in my Gloucestershire teenage years we used to call a "dogging up")

I know bars are noisy places and misunderstandings arise, and I'm all for the benefit of the doubt, but it felt pretty deliberate and pretty unkind.

But I've no intention of naming and shaming, it's really not the end of the world, especially not after so many lovely posts from everyone else.

Lovely to see everyone and to meet daizie who was very nice and chatty (but did say I was older than she thought I was from my posts - apparently I post like I'm 20 and don't know anything. I'm trying hard to see the compliment ;-))

Had a splendid evening and home by 12.45 to no signs of contractions...

Catch up with many posters, missed a few who were there and just caught the very late tweeded arrivals (tsk)

Special mentions to the glamorous granny proving non-drinking can be fun and Daizie for beating my 'she'll never show' cyncism

I like both the snubber and snubbed so hope they can sort it out and that perhaps there is an explanation for what does strike me as out of character rudeness.

Cheers all

Oh how could I have forgotten to mention giggirl, to whom I confessed my forum crush and then accidentally (honestly, it was an accident - I just turned my head the wrong way!) kissed almost full on the lips on leaving.

Lovely to meet you, giggirl, you were every bit as fabulous in person.