EDF Drinks - 4th Dec - at Boho Bar

georgia

Agreed, Santerme - Enough.

This is being driven by "neutral" 3rd parties - me as mr.j, tonyw3 as, I presume, mr.ladymuck. Enough. Public demands for the way we each think this should end mean nothing, because we're all upset on behalf of the person we care about. Each person has said what they feel that they want to say, need to say, and latterly should say. Each has had a say in public, each has yielded some ground in the interests of attempting to make nice. I can appreciate reports of how upset LM is, because I know how upset annaj has been since friday night, and remains. It's the third parties that now need to step back, myself included.

So now could we please just drop it?

[edit for the usual clumsy typos]

Mick Mac Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Most importantly. Did people dress up for this one

> as Rosie had hoped?

Ha, other people did and looked fecking gorgeous. I failed because I was tardy and had no time, so now I feel I have let you down Mick, I have let the forum down, but mostly, just let myself down.

so Friday night then.. I enjoyed it. A good turnout and I enjoyed meeting daizie. Who knew we were all but next door neighbours for 8 years...

I did meet LadyMuck but at the time I had no idea it was she as she insisted on being coy about her online name (that, or I couldn't hear above the music. that is one low ceiling) and I didnt get to speak to her properly. Quids looked a bit put out at the new competitor for the 100 game tho ;-)

I also re-met jojo and a couple of her mates who were lovely, plus many of the old regulars, some I haven't seen for ages.

Several people were dressed up and looked splendid. Some looked proper stunning but Lady Mac is hovering so I can't name names.

Boho isn't my kind of place and is expensive but they put on some nice nibbles and I spoke to one of the staff who wanted to know how we were doing. They did a good job and kudos to them

i don't think outoffocus was "tooled up" so I doubt we'll see pics unfortunately

This has been a bit of a bullet-point review hasn't it? Sunday afternoon lethargy

RosieH Wrote:

> Mick Mac Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Most importantly. Did people dress up for this

> one

> > as Rosie had hoped?

>

> Ha, other people did and looked fecking gorgeous.

> I failed because I was tardy and had no time, so

> now I feel I have let you down Mick, I have let

> the forum down, but mostly, just let myself down.

Ha - Nice one Rosie.

You are licensed to wear sackcloth at the next EDF drinks as your punishment. I hear its painful though, so you can compromise by wearing skimpy sackcloth. I'm sure all the girls will come out in sympathy.

[Daisie quote=Im not posh but i have two loos jimmy]

never judge a person by their loos..

I only have one loo and I am posh... (just make a good job of covering it up!!! being posh that is...)

http://www.phonetik.uni-muenchen.de/~jmh/research/accentsenglish/queenpapers/cosmosmagazineoz_files/20061207_Queen.jpg

hello children, thought I would just pop by to use Charlicharlie's loo... I do hope we have stopped arguing now??

RosieH Wrote:

> tonyw3 - maybe leave it to the people involved eh,

> instead of shit stirring?

In your words - regarding the "shit", I think the shit had arrived before my input. This element of the thread should not have been there in the first place as I believe this was a private matter which should have been sorted out privately rather than open for everyone to see. Over and out.

jimmy two times Wrote:

> It's not my most sophisticated chat up line I

> grant you.

The understatement of the year. Probably the least sophisticated chat-up line I've ever heard! ...Could it work?? Hmmm.

*finally emerges from hangover-induced fug*

Had a fab night, folks - was great to meet so many legendary forumites (thanks for the drink JL - next one's on me!), make some new friends and catch up with Sean, Anna, Matthew and OutOfFocus who I met last time. Thanks for organising Georgia.

I didn't realise we were supposed to be dressing up! Bah, any excuse for a party frock. I don't suppose it mattered anyway as I spend most of my time hiding and sticking the table decorations over myself.

Nice to meet the people I did and great to finally meet giggirl after missing each other at Brixton Academy. It was actually too loud to hold a proper conversation though so apologies for any rubbish conversations I might have caused.

Was anyone taking photos? I tried but my stupid phone doesn't have a flash. I did get a very red tinged snap of my stickered chest though, just to remind me of the night.

Chuff x