Plumber recommendation - Lee Garvey

skylorikeet

Thanks to everyone for their recommendations for Lee Garvey. Lee came to our home to sort out a leaking shower, at very short notice. He was very quick to identify the problem and fixed it immediately, at a very reasonable price. He was very pleasant and did a great job. We would thoroughly recommend him.

I would agree with these recommendations and add another one for Lee! I contacted him after reading this thread and asked him to come out and have a look at my boiler after our builder flagged some potential issues. He came out two days in a row, very early in the morning, and after determining there was no issue didn't charge us anything. We will definitely be using him again and couldn't recommend him more.

Another strong endorsement for Lee & Simon:

We had a somewhat difficult-looking job, our bath drain piping had fallen off under the tub. It looked inaccessible, as the bath was built into a tile frame. Another plumber was quoting ?400 just to cut a hole in the side of the frame. Lee was not free, but sent his partner, Simon Reapy, who came on short notice and did the job in under an hour at their VERY good hourly rate, with no broken tiles or mess. He finished so quickly that he even had time to re-affix our basin faucet handle (another issue that had been bothering us) at no extra charge.

Very reliable, very affordable. Call Lee or Simon-- Simon is at 07984 891289. (West Dulwich)

I am adding my endorsement to Lee. He was a true professional, responded quickly to my enquiry, arrived on time and finished the job of removing a defunct insinkerator very efficiently. Also gave me some good advice on how to solve another plumbing challenge. Highly recommended.

• 3 weeks later...
I want to add my support for Lee and Simon. Came and dealt with a leaking tap on NYE and made it safe with no charge and returned today to put a new tap in for a very good price. very pleased with the quality of the work and would definetly use them again

messagePlumber recommendation - Lee Garvey new

Posted by dorothy_drechsler January 06, 12:56PM

We have used Lee twice now and I can not recommend him enough. He quickly identified a problem with one of our radiators, which two other tradesmen had inspected and were unable to fix. He also came out first thing on a Sunday to look at our boiler as we had no hot water or central heating. During both visits he was efficient and a pleasure to have in the house. He is always quick to respond to queries and is extremely communicative. We have found Lee to be reliable and knowledgable and will definitely be using his services again in the future.

Very pleased with Lee Garvey's work. Had 2 plumbers round before him who were unconvincingly complicating the underfloor heating breakdown. After a (cold) evening call to Lee, he was able to pop in to have a look before his first job the next day. He diagnosed it was just a broken pump within 10 minutes and had it fixed the following day. Now working beautifully. Would have cost a fortune if I'd believed the first couple of plumbers, but thankfully went with common sense and checked EDF.

Lee's number is 07881277385

Really pleased with Lee and Simon. They came to fix a hard to reach leak behind our en-suite shower and a small leak in a pipe to the boiler. We had called them out to fix the boiler pipe but they fixed both together and charged as one job to make it cheaper for us. They were very tidy and nice guys, and explained what they were doing throughout. A second issue occurred with the boiler (no fault of theirs) and they came back within a few hours to fix at no extra cost. Would definitely use again. Simon's number is 07984891289.

I agreee with the previous comments about Lee and Simon. Based on the positive reviews about them on the EDF, I called Lee last Friday for help with fitting a new cartridge to my kitchen tap. Something I did not want to attempt myself! It was not urgent but he told me he should be able to fit me in on Monday and sure enough he did. Simon came at midday and fixed my tap very quickly. It is now as good as new. Pleasant, prompt and efficient service at a good price, what more can you ask for. I will certainly be calling Lee and Simon next time I need a plumber.

• 2 weeks later...

Lee and Simon are absolutely brilliant. We just had a terrible experience with a washing machine delivery/installation guy from a large online company who damaged our pipework and broke our boiler, promised he'd to come back to fix it, then basically turned off his phone.

Lee and Simon repaired the pipes, installed the washing machine and fitted a new boiler all within 24 hours, restoring heat and hot water to our home. They left everything spotless and were courteous and helpful throughout. I can't recommend them enough.

They also provided me with a very detailed damage report which will be helpful when I take the washing machine company to court.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I recently had my boiler replaced by Garvey Plumbing and can highly recommend them for the job they did.

From Lee coming round to provide a quote/advice (with a range of boiler options), to communication before/after installation and the speed at which the team completed the installation; they were consummate pros and friendly throughout.

During the installation - I hardly noticed them and they kept the areas they were working in clean at the end of the both days. Any unexpected issues found during the installation were also well communicated to a layman like myself.

Would recommend Garvey Plumbing to everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
I arranged for Simon to look at our boiler which had stopped working and displayed an error message. As it happened, when he turned it on, it started working and no error message appeared. He offered some thoughts on what might have caused the boiler to stop temporarily, and didn't charge us for the call out. Simon was friendly and helpful, and I would expect to call him again should the need arise.