Corner site opposite station

bald marauder

Louisa Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I am not a massive fan of the chain store, but i'd

> be quite happy to see a subway open their doors at

> this location...

......the devils sandwich bar. What about a nice lovely Wholefoods store?

The Starbucks at Sainsbury's doesn't get the passing trade from the station, it just gets Sainsbury's customers. The people using Sainsbury's will then get in their cars and drive straight past the one by the station as well as all the other shops, so in theory they'd have a completely different client group, and could both be sustainable....

That said, I know sweet FA about business ventures, so I'm probably just talking sh!te :-S

The new tearooms at le chandelier is really exciting,i met the lady who is going to run it and shes is just so lovely,very warm and is looking forward to opening the tearooms,i will definately patrionise her shop,watch that space

mockney piers Wrote:

> Or maybe a gay piano shop?

He he - the piano bar! The Barry Manilow and ostrich feather image is scary. I often stay at a friend's house and her neighbour used to be a star in one of the big symphony orchestra's - she's almost blind now but tinkles away perfectly at the piano for a couple of hours every day - listening to her is absolutely amazing. Not sure anything on LL could live up to that. By the way, saw that they are doing various concerts at Crystal Palace Park thios summer - similar to the ones they do at Kenwood up on Hampstead Heath.

I'm really not that keen on Starbucks. How about one of those healthy juice/smoothie shops? Sure that would do a roaring trade in the mornings.

Michael Palaeologus Wrote:

> However I would have thought

> that LL would have been a better bet for Starbucks

> - more passing trade that is liable to linger and

> so buy more.

Yeah, but then they would have direct competition... At the station, they'd be the only option. Think of all the people wanting a coffee on the way to work in the morning!

Personally I hate coffee, and don't like drinking anything from a cardboard cup, so I won't be visiting ;-)

'Tis sad indeed that ED does not appear to have such a place for leather-jacketed, rim-spectacled, goatee-bearded vinyl geeks like myself and your, no doubt delightful MrMadWorld74, to hang around in on Saturday mornings debating the rights and wrongs of whether Stevie Wonders output in the 60s and early 70s makes up for his crimes against music in more recent times.

Anyone know if there is a good music (i.e. not instruments and the like) anywhere nearby. I'm at a loss.

Can't see us getting one underneath a block of executive flats though, can you?

Ooooh.....music and coffee, very boho! Heh.

I think it would be marvellous. Have you seen High Fidelity, James? They start off small, get a up and coming musician to do an intimate gig, word spreads, smaller bands play one-off shows, then a big name hears about it and agrees to do a charity show, then it spreads and before long Bruce Springstein is performing in a coffee shop cum record store in East Dulwich in front of 50 fans and forum-ites.

People....make it happen!

Why would anyone get to the station early in the morning just to have a coffee?

Surely a really good deli/grocers would be ideal to save going to sainsburys on the way home, or trying to buy veg that will last the week or so on just one trip.

James Wrote:

> Anything involving ostrich feathers would be great

> (as long as the ostriches were not harmed)

Ooh ooh, I've got an idea! A piano bar, with Barry Manilow look-a-like, flamingo feathers (so much better than ostrich) and a kareoke machine! And then every night can end with dancing the congo up and down LL!

Back on topic - maybe a bakery? Hot beverages plus nice pastries? And smoothies/fresh juices.

" think it would be marvellous. Have you seen High Fidelity, James? They start off small, get a up and coming musician to do an intimate gig, word spreads, smaller bands play one-off shows, then a big name hears about it and agrees to do a charity show, then it spreads and before long Bruce Springstein is performing in a coffee shop cum record store in East Dulwich in front of 50 fans and forum-ites. "

Oh dear. I think I would prefer an estate agents. or a Starbucks...

Jesus Mr Madworld would be in heaven!!!! if The Boss turned up in ED to do a spot. About 8 years ago he had a beer with The Boss in a NYC bar (pure flook), and he's still talking about it now!!!

WE NEED MUSIC. Maybe FOPP can open a branch with a live music spot at the back and a cafe/bar like the one in town. Ooohhh that would be goooood.....(tu)