Is it just me or is Cafe Nero really dirty?

MadWorld74 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> cleaver! yes! terrible.

>

> There isn't another decent coffee place in ED. Too

> busy in Blue Mountain. Coffee in the Drum is

> always burnt and well, haven't tried anywhere

> else.

Coffee at Mon Petit Chou is usually very good, I find.

On-platform-shack, now that would be good - actually IMHO AMT coffee (available at lots of stations across London and beyond) makes a really, really good cup. And their chai tea latte pisses over the equivalent from the major chains (if you like that sort of thing, which on occasion I do). Sadly, I think most shacks would take the viw that ED station is not busy enough for long enought to warrant setting up a unit there - I could be wrong though....

Aye, but we're talking about shacking it up on Peckham Rye, not ED. The ticket hall's not a bad location - just needs someone who will serve coffee that doesn't taste like its been made from the grounds filtered out of my washing up bowl.

that's right Ted Max. It would make the ticket hall feel alot warmer/safer etc. Provide extra security by having some stools and tables for the coffee drinkers to perch at, and at the same time make the ATM users feel less like they're about to be robbed at gunpoint. (that's just my personal opionion!)

Never had a problem in Nero's, but I only go in on a Tuesday morning, so maybe it's worse by the end of the day, and not seen any rubbish on the street from them either. Have to say I love Nero's, only place you can get a good coffee and get more than one buggy in the shop without completely blocking the whole place up!

You raise a good point there Bell. Someone opening up a coffee shop and specifically designing it to be buggy/toddler friendly would guarantee themselves a steady flow of customers. It wouldn?t be a place I would frequent (well not until my loins burst forth anyway) but it would definitely be a worthwhile addition to the area.

Never really had a problen with Caffe Nero being filthy and I go there quite a lot. Sure, at busy times it can get chaotic. It annoys me when they do not put on enough staff at their busiest time. How difficult can it be to get the duty rota right? Saturday morning = busy with lots of kids = extra barrista! Eureka! Also bugs me when punters leave their table in a state. Exactly how difficult can it be to stack cups and saucers, wipe the table with a tissue and put wrappers in the bin?

citizen

I've never given in and am still opposed to Nero in ED. They bullied their way in to the area; setting up shop and then applying for planning permission retro-actively. The whole process took so long that those opposed to it has little knowledge of when the planning application was being heard so it basically got approved by way of slipping under the radar. Nero (as well as other chains) have this exercise down to a fine art. That's why we're being overrun by them.

It's amazing how forum's like this highlight how lazy some of us really are: (using this posts comments) Nero is grubby, understaffed, too busy and polluting Lordship Lane, yet you'll all still shop there because it's easy and familiar. How original!

For those of you that love Nero, fair enough, but I bet you're not singing the same tune when we've also got Starbucks (except DulwichMum who appears to be obsessed with this place), Costa, AMT, Coffee Republic, Ritazza etc all setting up shop here. Lordship Lane will truly be a unique place then won't it!

Can anyone remember approx. when Nero served its first coffee? It must be a while. I've made the point befroe that them opening up has not opened the floodgates to other chains. Whilst i would love to drink exclusively in local independent cafes so far nobady has been able to run a large one like Nero. Blue Muntain, Mon P'tite Chou, Jacks, whilst all lovely are really tiny, especially if you have a buggy. Makes it very tricky at busy times of the week. If someone did open up a nice double fronted unit on LL or NCR, i'd certainly frequent it.

citizen

• 2 weeks later...

my cousins partner is a manager of a caffe nero in maidstone but comes from this area,

he first went in there and it was disgusting and reported them to head office

where head office did try to clean things up (a bit) but it looks like their lacking staff!

most caffe neros outside of london ive been to are excellent and sparkly clean!

looks like the ones in london are jus neglected and all they want is money!!