Jonathan Ross to leave the Beeb

jaybee82

JR was paid the going rate at the time he was offered his contract. It's not his fault they offered him so much money. The Beeb obviously felt he was worth it. This being before the current recession when there was plenty of money about. I'm not saying he's worth it but I enjoy his programmes (mostly). Some people like him some don't. It's a matter of opinion. End of.

Mick Mac Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Jah Lush Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> Some people like him some

> > don't. It's a matter of opinion. End of.

>

> Unlikely to be "End of" - I'm sure we could do 4

> more pages.

Let's not.

Keef Wrote:

> The likes of *bob* and David are able to stick up

> for themselves, and if they find Atila that out of

> order, they can report him.

I would never report Atila.

It would be like reporting a toddler for wetting the bed.

Shame on you Atila; you've abused this thread and poured bile upon anyone disagreeing with you.

Whatever motivates you to want to attack people is your business, but I think other forum-users should be able to look at a thread without enduring such vitriolic and aggressive posts. I?m singling out this post for special mention because I find it particularly vile:

Fcuk me you're easily pleased. You must me one of those people that pisses on homeless people sleeping in doorways.

That is really nasty to read.

And then earlier today you posted this:

I've got to chuckle at many of the posters on here, if you have the audacity to challenge their views they get all self righteous.

That made me sad. Is that how you see things? If only you were challenging people?s views then that might be something worth reading but you aren?t you?re just having a big hissy fit.

I don?t know you ? maybe you have something to say that would be good to hear. Here?s the problem ? YOU ARE PASSIONATE BUT YOU DO NOT PERSUADE.

This, of course, is just my opinion. I have my opinion, you have yours; that's how the forum works. I can attempt to influence your opinion; you can attempt the influence mine - that is the joy of the forum. Except there is no joy on this thread.

*Bob* Wrote:

> Keef Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

>

> > The likes of *bob* and David are able to stick

> up

> > for themselves, and if they find Atila that out

> of

> > order, they can report him.

>

> I would never report Atila.

>

> It would be like reporting a toddler for wetting

> the bed.

Hooray, wit and humour in abundance. How do you do it? I bet you wink at yourself when you walk past a mirror and tell yourself how clever you are. Keep it up.

giggirl Wrote:

> Shame on you Atila; you've abused this thread and

> poured bile upon anyone disagreeing with you.

>

> Whatever motivates you to want to attack people is

> your business, but I think other forum-users

> should be able to look at a thread without

> enduring such vitriolic and aggressive posts. I?m

> singling out this post for special mention because

> I find it particularly vile:

>

> Fcuk me you're easily pleased. You must me one of

> those people that pisses on homeless people

> sleeping in doorways.

>

> That is really nasty to read.

>

> And then earlier today you posted this:

>

> I've got to chuckle at many of the posters on

> here, if you have the audacity to challenge their

> views they get all self righteous.

>

> That made me sad. Is that how you see things? If

> only you were challenging people?s views then that

> might be something worth reading but you aren?t

> you?re just having a big hissy fit.

>

> I don?t know you ? maybe you have something to say

> that would be good to hear. Here?s the problem ?

> YOU ARE PASSIONATE BUT YOU DO NOT PERSUADE.

>

> This, of course, is just my opinion. I have my

> opinion, you have yours; that's how the forum

> works. I can attempt to influence your opinion;

> you can attempt the influence mine - that is the

> joy of the forum. Except there is no joy on this

> thread.

And of course your posting is all sweetness and light, no bile here, or hissy fit to be found here. If you've got the time or the inclination, which quite frankly I haven't, I'm sure you'll find others that have expressed their views just as strongly. There is no joy because it's not a joyful subject. But then of course that's just my opinion.

Oh come on Atila. If you've upset giggirl, possibly one of the least abbrasive, consistently good humoured and generous people on the entire forum, at least have the decency to listen to what's being said, albeit briefly, before hurtling accusations straight back at her in the manner of child told not to hit his little brother saying 'he hit me first'.

He's dead. You can't be rich when you're dead. There are no pockets in a shroud. I enjoyed Robert Downey Jnr playing Chaplin though - scrummy.

I think we can all agree that there are a lot of people out there with little or no talent who are as rich as God and most undeserving of it. It sucks.

mockney piers Wrote:

> Oh come on Atila. If you've upset giggirl,

> possibly one of the least abbrasive, consistently

> good humoured and generous people on the entire

> forum, at least have the decency to listen to

> what's being said, albeit briefly, before hurtling

> accusations straight back at her in the manner of

> child told not to hit his little brother saying

> 'he hit me first'.

Piers, I'm sure she is what you say she is. However, I started off on this thread saying that I felt what he got (salary) was obscene and unjustified, for someone, in my opinion, that has little or no talent. My opinion. Of course it wasn't long, and I'm sure it was probably because it was me, before I had posters aiming personal comments at me and, rightly or wrongly, I retaliated. I will not sit still and be called names. I find many of the postings aimed at me just as offensive as those that, allegedly, cause offence listed by me. Unfortunately nobody seems to say an awful lot about these postings. Mick Mac said he didn't want to read FFS and WTF on the forum. Well let me ask you this, am I the only person on here that uses these? No. Does anyone complain when others do it. Again, no.

I'm big enough to fight my own battles, but this thread was supposed to be about J Ross, and footballers got dragged into it, not by me, and descended into a free for all. I'm not the only one who should have fingers pointed in his direction for this.

I just think Atila, that some debates could remain a little more light hearted and in general you personally could be less negative towards other posters. It often gets personal with you.

We all get challenged by others at times and it is often best to count to 10 or change tack/try a different line of argument.

I do sympathise Atila.

It's a sort of vicious circle, you are quick to anger and have very little middle

ground between thoughtful poster and abbrasive personal attacks. We both know there are people who like to wind you up and then stand back and point 'ooh isn't he awful'.

But because you are pretty much guaranteed to react like that, then they keep doing it.

Btw bob isn't one of them, you just let him wind you up, alan dale is another. I've allowed them to wind me up in the past and now just let a sigh if they're in danger of doing so.

My advice is instead of knee jerk reaction just breathe and click on another thread. Seriously, that rejoinder to Huguenot was really uneccessary wasn't it.

Atila, I just think some debates could remain a little more light hearted and in general you personally could be less negative towards other posters. It often gets personal with you.

We all get challenged by others at times and it is often best to count to 10 or change tack/try a different line of argument.