My post prandial Sunday walk

PeckhamRose

I usually get my 5 year old girl to at least squat behind a car when she's caught short in the street. These kids honestly when will they learn to "make sure you go for a pee before you leave". Tiny bladders though at that age.

Said 5 year old (who was 4 at the time) was caught short in a hire car in a traffic jam in the middle of Harlem, right outside the Apollo as it happens, after making her hold it until she was practically crying we had no choice but to let her piss in a tuppaware pot and then pour it out on to the road out the car door. LOL as they say.

Peckham is a public urination and defaecation hotspot. The area to the west of the Peckham Pulse is awash with adult micturaters at all hours. The shrubberies of Holly Grove and Burgess Park possess dark and foul secrets and should be avoided. I can't think of one public convenience between the library/Pulse and the Rye.

taper Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Peckham is a public urination and defaecation

> hotspot. The area to the west of the Peckham

> Pulse is awash with adult micturaters at all

> hours. The shrubberies of Holly Grove and Burgess

> Park possess dark and foul secrets and should be

> avoided. I can't think of one public convenience

> between the library/Pulse and the Rye.

I know exaclty what you mean about the busges outside Peckham Pulse. It is quite usualy for me to be locking my bike up in the morning and see men utilising the bushes. What gets me is that the Pulse has a toilet which is open to anyone right by the entrance. Obviously not useful for when the Pulse is shut, but at the times I'm witnessing these men it is most definitely open. Really not pleasant.

Oh Lord

See what grace & manners they have acquired in the Hamlet where you do reside. The rakes and sweeps of Sitnham & the upper woods have no such refinement. Only on Saturday noon past and as I was about my regular business.

I happened upon such a sight myself. I startled a local sweep brandishing his unwashed rear channel atop an 22ft flagpole along the parade, he delivered an inverted cone upon such a small surface with such deftness that it must have been a regular practice.

Of course I tipped my hat, the boy had after all made my acquaintance the previous week. His employer the chimney sweep forced him up my rear range flue, with his brush ahead of him of course

I refrained from shaking the hand offered.

Anyway It seems that things are improving, though sacks of rubbish upon the walkway does not bode well.

In anticipation & a change of wind direction.

W**F

PeckhamRose Wrote:

> Does anyone have any comments to make about the

> fact in the first para I was describing white

> middle class SE15 and the second paragraph I am in

> what's fondly known as 'Little Africa' and the two

> children and their respective adult carers I

> witnessed pissing had black skins?

I'm not sure if this adds anything probative to the discussion, but the practice known as "open defecation" is still the norm in much of sub-Saharan Africa (and South East Asia). The practitioners consider it natural, normal behaviour.

I'm an adult who should have even less of an excuse than a child for needing to obtain 'relief' out in public, but, as discussed earlier in this thread, there is often nowhere you can do so !

I have been refused by pubs, petrol stations, shops, restaurants for being 'not a patron', even though I declare I have used the establishments at previous times.

Personally I find it outrageous that public conveniences are not available and I find it infuriating that the authorities are all too happy to prosecute you for trying to deal with the matter discreetly yourself.

We're not robots, we're born like this, but this seems to be overlooked as people are prosecuted for not have bladders the size of the Hoover Dam. Mind you we DID have bladders THAT size it could get really messy if we got caught short and had to, say, pop down an alley off the High St.....

PeckhamRose Wrote:

> Does anyone have any comments to make about the

> fact in the first para I was describing white

> middle class SE15 and the second paragraph I am in

> what's fondly known as 'Little Africa' and the two

> children and their respective adult carers I

> witnessed pissing had black skins?

>

> what comments do you want people to make about this? have you any comments to make?

PeckhamRose Wrote:

> But this is England dammit.

*bursts out laughing*

> Oh christ I am sure this is going to be mis-read

> and mis understood and my poor reputation shall be

> tarnished further.

Not in my books it won't...you are utterly hilarious! And you have spunk! Go girl go!