Forum Sponsors

www.takeflightacademy.co.uk
xxxx
https://georgemonkhouse.com

http://gymboree-uk.com/f/east-dulwich/

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Which pubs, bars, restaurants and take-aways do you avoid?
Goto Page: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9
messageRe: Goose Green councillors - how can we help?
Posted by jamesmcash February 10, 11:19AM

Hi all

I am really devestated to hear the news of a fatal stabbing on Lordship Lane, in Goose Green ward. I am sure many of you will have seen it in the news.

Here is a statement from the police.

A man has died following a stabbing in East Dulwich.

Police were called at approximately 02:35hrs on Sunday, 10 February, to reports of a man stabbed in Lordship Lane, near the junction with East Dulwich Grove, SE22.

Officers and London Ambulance Service attended.

The victim, believed to be aged in his 30s, was pronounced dead at the scene at 03:04hrs. Formal identification and a post-mortem examination will be arranged in due course.

Road closures remain in place around the scene.

Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating.

There have been no arrests at this early stage. Enquiries into the circumstances remain ongoing.

Any witnesses, or anyone with information, should call police on 101 quoting CAD 1048/10feb. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111

We councillors are in touch with the police and the council. I will provide more information when it is available.

Please be very wary of posting any information on here or in public as it could jeopardise the ongoing investigation.

Best wishes
James

--------------------
James McAsh - Labour Councillor for Goose Green ward
James.McAsh@Southwark.gov.uk
[twitter.com]

Surgeries: 2nd and 4th Thursdays of the month at 7pm, East Dulwich Community Centre on Darrell Road

Posted by AylwardS February 10, 06:33PM

This seems trivial given the nature of your last post but the parking zone is an issue for local residents.

I understand you are Councillor for the Goose Green ward but East Dulwich residents in other wards also use the businesses within the consultation area and as they support the businesses I would ask to to confirm all responses to the consultation will be taken into account. Having looked at the report for the Dog Kennel Hill zone only responses from residents were considered valid. I can understand that for the majority of zones the impact is on residents but that is not the case for the East Dulwich zone
1. The consultation is not just restricted to parking but also healthier streets which impact all who visit the area
2. Other East Dulwich residents living outside the area of the zone support businesses in the zone. Without their custom the livelihood of the traders and vibrancy of East Dulwich may well suffer in the ways concerns have been expressed. Driving into the zone is probably less of an issue - we live in the Champion Hill ward but walk / take the bus to The Lordship which is under 1 mile away but in the 20+ years we have lived in East Dulwich we have supported a number of businesses and will continue to do so.
The questionnaire does give the option to choose that you are completing it as a visitor to the area so I trust this means views will be taken into account but would be grateful if you could support this.

I will also be emailing the Councillors for the Champion Hill Ward. I am sure you and your colleagues have already hd discussions on this.

Posted by Abe_froeman February 14, 05:25PM

Hello James, I have a further question re the proposed controlled parking zone in East Dulwich.

Please could you tell me how much it will cost the council to implement the plans they have set out in the consultation document?

Many thanks

Goto Page: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum