Goose Green councillors - how can we help?

Hi James - wondered if you could get anything done about the wheelie bins on the pavement on East Dulwich Grove outside the flats next to the zebra crossing (opposite the constitutional club between Elsie and Derwent Grove.

This crossing seems to be one where cars often don't stop when you're actually trying to use the zebra, and can't help thinking that having people constantly approaching the road and then not crossing because they are just trying to get round these bins on a narrow part of the pavement doesn't help.

To the extent that these bins can't be stored off the narrow pavement, then an alternative option needs to be implemented for their rubbish removal.

Had another standoff with me trying to enter the gym this morning and a car trying to exit the building round a huge white van parked next to the entrance just stopping to text. No shame at all and just drove off showing a finger to both of us. The developers have deposited 2 portable toilets behind the fence now which suggests the fence isn't coming down any time soon. So cross and feel they are now just being arrogant. We have accommodated them long enough - can you advise on who to contact at a senior level?

Yes - just returned from the gym and the fence is still up but open at both ends. I suspect this is because there is a sales office there now at the weekend and annoyingly it's because of the inconvenience to potential customers rather than for locals and gym users. Thanks James - will email you.

Hi James

Another building site issue on Upland road at the end near Crystal Palace Road. The builders building one house are making a complete mess of the pavement. Drain now blocked, so mucky water all along the gutter, pavement blocked randomly and vans parked on double yellow lines so there is no safe place to cross. A lot of school children walk along this road and need to be able to cross safely. Be good if you could look into it.

Thanks

cella Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Yes - just returned from the gym and the fence is

> still up but open at both ends. I suspect this is

> because there is a sales office there now at the

> weekend and annoyingly it's because of the

> inconvenience to potential customers rather than

> for locals and gym users. Thanks James - will

> email you.

Hi James

The fence is still there although pedestrians can now use the pavement most of the time. It's still an issue as you can't access the pavement from the other side of the road. There doesn't seem to be any point in having it still - have the developers answered your concerns yet as it's been a long time? Thanks.

Hi all

I have a few updates which I will share.

1) Streetlight on Crystal Palace Road

Alan Medic raised this a while ago and we have been liaising over email so I responded to him there a while back. I forgot that originated here but just in case anyone else was wondering, I raised the issue with the streetlighting team and it has been fixed.#

2) Fence by East Dulwich Gym

The majority of the work on the construction site is complete but some is still ongoing.

I have asked the council to push for the path to be open which has led to some of the changes mentioned above.

The footway is supposed to be open whenever possible (i.e. when it is safe). The exception is when they have deliveries, at which point it is necessary to close it. However, I know that there have been occasions where it has been closed when it needn't have been. This has been reported. The Council has scheduled regular inspections to check up on this. The council have also removed the two portaloos which they had placed on the road (as cella noted above) so this should free up some more space.

The contractors plan to be finished by the 13th July and I am asking the council to push this as much as possible.

3) Bins by East Dulwich Grove

goldilocks - you are right that these bins are posing a hazard. The number of bins has been reduced and the remaining ones have been moved. Sadly, due to limited storage space in the area, the remaining bins do need to be stored on the street. Hopefully these measures will have improved things though.

I hope this is helpful

Best wishes

James

• 2 weeks later...

Dear all

E2 - the council has dealt with the issue you raised on Upland Road. There is some minor damage to the pavement but it is very difficult to prove that this was the builders. The drain is operational.

Jakido - the Liveable Neighbourhoods programme looks great. I am very supportive of measures to support cycling and walking. Of course it is also important to balance this with the needs of existing car users. I would be happy to discuss this further with you if you would like. Drop me an email if you are interested.

Best wishes

James

Dear all

From this Saturday onward the area of road closed for the North Cross Road market will be greater. North Cross Road will be closed between Lordship Lane and Archdale Road. This will mean that access to between North Cross Road and Archdale Road will still be there, but not access to Nutfield Road.

This is to allow the market to expand over the coming months as more traders are invited in and as a public seating area is put in place.

I hope that this will be an improvement to an already very successful market!

Best wishes

James

Eastdulwich2015 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi James

>

> There appears to be a growing problem of

> flytipping at the top of Crystal Palace Road

> opposite the Plough Cafe. Could you ask the

> Council to remove the rubbish and keep an eye out.

>

>

> Thanks

There is a form on the Southwark Council website where residents are able to report fly tipping themselves. I think James has enough to do! https://www.southwark.gov.uk/street-care/fly-tipping