Forum Sponsors

www.inshutters.co.uk
xxxx
http://www.ellyallen.com/

www.no-flies.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536Next
Current Page: 35 of 36
messageRe: Free! - Every Session! Fitness & Toning on the Rye - Sat @10am 16 to 60+
Posted by siousxiesue 01 October, 2016 21:44

You did great RPC and the others that braved the awful weather! Next week is going to be just AWESOME winking smiley

messageRe: Free! - Every Session! Fitness & Toning on the Rye - Sat @10am 16 to 60+
Posted by Robert Poste's Child 02 October, 2016 08:38

Thanks. It was fun, despite the weather. Fingers crossed for a drier morning next week.

Posted by siousxiesue 05 October, 2016 11:19

Mid week nudge/reminder!

Psych yourselves up and tell yourself it's gonna be great fun, joining in our FUN, FREE fitness group that never leaves a person behind! Run with us, jog with us, power walk with us.

Your choice..

Even reluctant shufflers are not turned away winking smiley

Your ability dictates your pace - is our mantra

See OP for signing up

Posted by siousxiesue 07 October, 2016 23:10

Mixed bag weather wise for Saturday's session, won't lie!

What will be awesome is the company of your fellow team runners, walkers.

We start 10am outside the café in Peckham Rye, please don't be shy-we have a few newbies who have made themselves right at home, and very welcome they are too!

What do you have to lose?

Posted by siousxiesue 13 October, 2016 13:16

Thursday nudge/reminder!

Psych yourselves up and tell yourself it's gonna be great fun, joining in our FUN, FREE fitness group that never leaves a person behind! Run with us, jog with us, power walk with us.

Your choice..

Even reluctant shufflers are not turned away

See OP for signing up!

Posted by siousxiesue 14 October, 2016 22:43

Your choice..

See OP for signing up

Posted by siousxiesue 24 October, 2016 11:19

A fantastic session Saturday, some lovely sunshine was a bonus!

It's a FREE, FUN and WELCOMING group-maybe some of the newbies could comment on that!

Get ready for Saturday-put it on the calendar-put a reminder in your phone-

But do turn up. We run for all abilities or none, and leave no-one behind!

Posted by siousxiesue 27 October, 2016 10:47

GET YOUR TRAINERS BY THE DOOR!

It's NOT going to be cold, it's NOT going to be wet but it WILL be FUN and FREE!

We work at your pace, there are runners or walkers, no-one is left behind and we welcome people who are returning after an illness, a diagnosis or a long break winking smiley

CAFE ON THE RYE, 10AM. Bring coins for a bonding coffee after

Posted by Robert Poste's Child 29 October, 2016 09:33

It's drizzling at the moment but I'll be there.

Posted by siousxiesue 29 October, 2016 09:45

Robert Poste's Child Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's drizzling at the moment but I'll be there.

Haha, RPC, I post these actually believing the weather forecast! I'm now full of cough (and cold) so will not sadly

Posted by siousxiesue 04 November, 2016 11:04

This is a FREE, FUN and WELCOMING group-maybe some of the newbies could comment on that!

Get ready for Saturday-put it on the calendar-put a reminder in your phone-

But do turn up. We run for all abilities or none, and leave no-one behind!

We've been going for years now, some real friendships have blossomed, but we still welcome anyone willing to give it a go-you will be charmed into sticking with it hopefully...

SEE YOU CAFE RYE AT 10AM

Posted by Robert Poste's Child 04 November, 2016 23:55

I joined in the summer and I can confirm that the group is lovely and friendly. As I had an ankle problem and was only moderately fit I was a bit intimidated by the idea of a running group, but it really is suitable for everyone.

I'm now definitely fitter overall, can run for reasonable intervals without anything hurting, and about 9lb lighter. Going to the group most weeks is a really helpful way for me to keep things on track and much more fun than exercising alone like I do on other days.

The only downside is watching other people eat sausage sandwiches afterwards when I can't (but it'll be worth it in the end).

Posted by Robert Poste's Child 10 November, 2016 22:06

Looking forward to Saturday. It'll be good to get this week out of the system with some running (and some cake).

All about getting the balance right, isn't it.

Posted by siousxiesue 10 November, 2016 23:12

Hats and gloves for the morning. And waterproofs, we'll need them I fear..

After an hour of powerwalking, jogging, stretching and toning, you will be fully warmed up and set for the weekend!

Posted by Robert Poste's Child 11 November, 2016 10:22

We are nothing if not an intrepid bunch and I'll be there regardless!

Posted by Helena 11 November, 2016 21:53

I might come tomorrow if that's ok?

Thanks
Helen smiling smiley

Posted by Robert Poste's Child 11 November, 2016 22:39

That would be great! The group meets outside the cafe at 10 and ends up there afterwards for coffee.

Hope to see you tomorrow.

Posted by siousxiesue 18 November, 2016 10:40

Hey all,

Ignore all weather forecasts and just COME ON DOWN!! What's to lose?

We run or walk at YOUR pace so no-one is left behind, some enthusiasm is needed but will be rewarded with a jolly session followed by a restorative bevvy of your choice for team bonding...

Bring a water bottle or hand weights for resistance training, bring your lovely selves too

Posted by siousxiesue 25 November, 2016 09:43

Saturday forecast is DREARY lol, so come on down to Peckham Rye Café at 10am to BRIGHTEN up your weekend and forget about all the money you spent on black Friday!

Your choice..

See OP for signing up!

Posted by siousxiesue 23 December, 2016 11:15

Merry Christmas runners!

There will be a small, select group running on Saturday! If it's not Christmas day, we run every Saturday! Or power walk...

Sessions tend not to be cancelled just because of the holiday season, so feel free to join in anytime!!!

Posted by Sazzle30 30 December, 2016 19:02

Is this on tomorrow?

Posted by siousxiesue 30 December, 2016 22:46

Yes apparently, just had a group email. 9.55am for 10am start. Good Luck!

Posted by freestyle-McCabe 31 December, 2016 08:35

We are hotel-ing in Salisbury so won't be able to make it this morning.

See 2016 out with a super workout and a coffee at the end.

Will join the team next year!!!

freestyle-McCabe

Posted by siousxiesue 05 January, 2017 09:26

I'm SO looking forward to getting back into the swing of things with a fantastic workout setting me up for my weekend!

Missing regular exercise due to work demands but trying to put fitness first at the start of the new year, totally free to join, bring coins for coffee after winking smiley

Posted by Loulou 05 January, 2017 10:53

Hi all
been a while since I joined this group, hope to pick this up again and see you all on Saturday.
LL

Posted by SJRSE22 06 January, 2017 03:14

Hi there,
I want to get fitter in 2017 and would love to join you on Saturday if you have room for a newbie? Do I have to send a form off to AHM Go?
Thanks in advance
Sarah

Posted by siousxiesue 06 January, 2017 13:54

Hi Sarah! Just sign the registration form electronically.

See you tomorrow maybe?!

Posted by SJRSE22 06 January, 2017 18:12

Thank you, have emailed the registration form, see you tomorrow...

Posted by freestyle-McCabe 06 January, 2017 18:34

G'day Sarah,

All received via email.

You will love the group, totally free, inclusive and fun too.

Bring along a 1 Ltr water bottle e.1Kg for arm, shoulder, back toning...... and rehydration. During the cold months, fill it with warm water to keep your hand(s) warm.

If you can count to 10 or 20 in French, Spanish etc... we do this as a great distraction - and the no.8 in Bulgarian is pronounced as 'Awesome'!

Best!

fM

Posted by siousxiesue 07 January, 2017 12:28

FOUR newbies braved the cold and damp today, and another picked up along the way!! WELL DONE ALL

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536Next
Current Page: 35 of 36

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum