Free! - Every Session! Fitness & Toning on the Rye - Sat @10am 16 to 60+

Hi Everyone

Thanks for a fabulous first session, it was just what I needed to get my exercise routine started now the cold weather is over.

For anyone thinking about coming along and is worried about being fit enough, I can ensure you that you have nothing to worry about. Someone will come and run or walk with you so no one is ever on their own.

Everyone regroups on a very regular basis and if you are one of the fitter ones you can do more than the others. It really is a group for everyone no matter what your fitness level is. Plus you can learn to count in different languages!

MelC

Sorry my toe is a bit unhappy at the moment owing to wearing cr*p trainers http://www.carvey-running-tips.com/images/couch_potatoe_cartoon.jpgand using them last week I hope to have normal service resumed next week - Kath and Gai report an excellent session was had by all.

Just back from Centre Parks!

So, jogging shoes by the doors and be at the caf? for 9-55am. And Newsome..... me thinks I know who you are :-)

Also..., welcome to Mel-C last week, I hope your legs (Hamstrings & Adductors) were in good form on Monday.

Elle & Christine, I have your email and will respond shortly. This is completely FREE, just bring some change for a coffee or tea at the end. Its all really good fun, 'I lead from the back' (seems to be my catch phrase) and is open for all paces from powerwalkers and above!

Best,

McCabe

McCabe - I have been on my sickbed for the past 3 weeks (well strictly speaking 2 and last week was being a wuss because it was wet and cold) so am looking forward to being back with you all tomorrow for my Sat morning workout. I will be with you at the back !:))

Good News to all!

I will be allocating and free issuing up to 15 Project London Health T-shirts & rain jackets - supported by NHS Southwark & the Council. The thrust is to support PLH with all the FREE fitness groups in S'wark. I will bring some of the samples along to the EDT next Thursday 10th March 8pm-ish so you can try on for size (they should be ready by then).

There you go, a FREE fitness group and FREE garments!

They will be awarded on the basis of a couple of sessions you get a T-shirt, and another couple then you achieve the fitness rain jacket. BUT....if you have already completed 4 or more sessions, then they will be awarded to you.

Remember, there are only 15 allocated so first come first served as they say!

Best!

McCabe.

Hi Kmoron & MelC,

Kmoron, we meet for Saturday mornings at 9-55am outside the Rye caf?. In a few weeks time you will not be able to miss us as we will all be in purple tops!. As per the the ECG Cycle, the health forms are on the website www.AHM-Go.com, fill it in and email back...... but you only need to do one for any of the fitness groups.

If you read through the threads, its more of a buddle of fun with a bit of fitness thrown in.... and some team building. Just bring some change for a tea / coffee at the end.

MelC - good to hear from you. Your Adductors are clearly in good form, infact very good form indeed! Look forward to seeing you there.

9-55am :-)

McCabe.

Trainners by the door for the morning,

For those thinking about joining the group, we cover about 5Km with 7 stop points where we regather / regroup. For the faster ones, we release you into Speed Play session which is perfect trainning, again, using the demarcation points to aim for then cruise back to the last one in the group.

As well as the CV, we also include Toning for the legs, core & upper body, and finish of with some Chi Gung related exercise.

The only money you need is for a tea or coffee at the end!

9-55am >:D<

I`ve been recovering from a virus for last 3 weeks but hope to be back to full fitness next week - I`ve missed the morning sessions (even the rainy cold ones!) so can't wait to get back into it :-)

Shakira

Good Day Shikira!

Yes, I heard you were feeling pretty poorly and did the right thing, to stay under covers to fight off the bug.

The first edition of the FREE issue PLH T-shirts & Fitness Jackets should be ready for Thursday, if you are about I will bring these along to the EDT for allocating / sizing up (we meet 8pm-ish on Thursday's once a month for a couple of orange juices or stronger).

BTW, this coming Saturday we will all be doing a FREE 5Km Red Nose day walk / jog in Dulwich Park for 10am start - we are suggesting that a donation of ?5 is made out to Red Nose day 2011. If you can find the thread on page one and make a comment: Yay or Nay :))

Best,

McCabe

Thanks McCabe - It's a yay :)) - 5k Red nose day run sounds great and no Peckham Rye to contend with so that's a bonus. Will also try and bag myself one of those t-shrts and drop by EDT on thurs eve - see you then!