Free! - Every Session! Fitness & Toning on the Rye - Sat @10am 16 to 60+

Proj London Health Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------

> Lady Mock, well done you .... even with a

> hangover! :-)

>

>... having some champagne because...... its my birthday!

Hope you are having a fabulous 62nd birthday.

Lady Mock x

*thinks: "Lady Mock" indeed*

Hello Mr. McCabe,

Silly question I suspect, but - does the distance increase every Saturday? I'm a little worried because I didn't attend last week. And what if someone doesn't attend for several weeks and then decides to turn up? I mean, I'm not keen on getting a heart attack LOL!

Lady Mock.

Good afternoon Ms Mock!

Its a really good question to be aired, and can happy say that the distance will remain the same. The technique I use means that the runners cover an extra 50% of the distance.

Last Saturday, I made a tini tiny change at the beginning which had an immediate impact: After we stretch, the powerwalkers take the diagonal path across the Rye which enables the joggers and powerwalkers to arrive at the first stop point at the same time.

The powerwalkers are the Pace-Makers, by the time the faster ones get to the top of the Rye, they then coast back to the Pace-Makers. Again, the entire group converge more-or-less at the same time. I have this operationally nailed - and it this that makes the group work so well.

BTW Ms Mock, I don't think you have bought me a Latt? yet for my services :)) Albeit, thank you for the Lime and Soda on Monday evening!

Best,

McCabe.

ps. 'Don't tell anyone' the last part of the CV routine will be changing for the faster ones. When we move between the Flag Poles and the Triangle at an 80% pace, the faster ones will continue through and straight down the path to the raise flower beds and then back up. Basically, no stop point for them......sshh! Not a word to anyone >:D<

What ARE you like Mr. McCabe!!!!???? (Rhetorical question)

Thank you for...ahem...putting my mind at rest...I trust you are qualified in administering Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation!

Now, I acknowledge that you have recently celebrated a 62nd birthday, but even I hadn't anticipated the extent of the premature senility which appears to be plaguing you at present.

1. Your recent highly amusing input on a certain cycling thread has not escaped my notice. However, in your bid to entertain the ED cycling community, you omitted to post details of your forthcoming marathon. I have today, therefore, taken the liberty of posting details on your behalf for the benefit of those who do not visit this section.

2. I am mortified that you cannot remember that cup of latte:'( in return for your...ahem...services. Mortified I tell you. It was at the end of my first session with your group (*sniff*). I sucked boiled sweets, whilst you slurped your latte. (*further sniff*).

In case I do not see you on Saturday (I shall be out on the piss again on Friday), good luck with the marathon on Sunday.

Lady Mock.

PS: the Monday Social was incredible...what a turnout!

Ah ha!

The latt?, looks like I need to retract that submission hey?! :-)

On a point of a quick diversion, have you put the 2.5Km / 5Km in your diary for mid January?

The Monday social, we may need to find a larger venue - the EDT was pretty full. Can you remind me of the venue just up the road that you guys go to?

The Lying Toad

McCabe.

Proj London Health Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The latt?, looks like I need to retract that

> submission hey?!

Quite!

> On a point of a quick diversion, have you put the

> 2.5Km / 5Km in your diary for mid January?

Erm...no...LOL

> The Monday social, we may need to find a larger

> venue - the EDT was pretty full.

I couldn't agree more.

> Can you remind

> me of the venue just up the road that you guys go

> to?

When you say "you guys", presumably you speak of my piss-artist companions and me? Oh we go anywhere that will have us...Franklins, The Palmerston, Green & Blue, The Black Cherry, The Bishop, Hoopers, The Montpelier, The Victoria Inn...the list really is endless.

Lady Mock.

Please can you count me in! I can start on Sat 11th Dec, as I have not been in the best of health, my fitness levels have gone etc..........it will be nice to meet some locals in the area.

If I miss the start date, can I still just come along when I can?

Thanks Samina

Thats really good Samina!

The last session will be on the 18th December, followed by a nice long break.

I will be in San Francisco on your first day, but that will be fine - just fill in the health form on the website and email it back. Please feel free to pop along this Saturday and meet for a coffee at the end, or say hello at the beginning to get a feel of what we do.

The numbers are between 9 & 18, but they will be reduced due to the lead up to Christmas.

Best,

McCabe

No worries,

There are heaps of people with the Cold / Flu at the moment, do the right thing and stay warm and hydrated - fresh lemon and honey with hot water does the trick!

I've seen fitness articles that say you should continue training - my response is always NO! Your body temperature is high for a good reason, this is to fight the infection..... working out will only raise the temperature further. A good walk however will be far more beneficial.

So in summary, you could have walked to the caf? on the Rye and bought me a Latt?, that would have been a win - win for both you & I :-)

McCabe

I read somewhere that if the cold is in your head, a gentle workout was a good thing with the emphasis on gentle! But if it had moved to the chest, you shouldn't do any additional exercise.

I do like the honey and lemon although adding a medicinal shot of whisky to kill any bugs in the throat always makes me, at least, feel slightly better!