Free! - Every Session! Fitness & Toning on the Rye - Sat @10am 16 to 60+

G'day all,

Good turn out today, apologies from a number of others. In Melbourne Auz, it has been raining like buckets!

Put this in your diary: Monday 18th Oct, 7-30pm - East Dulwich Tavern.

As well as the 5Km, we will scope out a 10Km event and a 20Km (1/2 marathon) for E'Dulwich. To be specific, these are about raising awareness for a health charity, don't worry about you PB (Personal Best), this is about working as a team to get you to each level!

Best,

McCabe

Hi Katie,

Thanks for the message. I sent out via email the minutes from the meeting, just want to make sure you got a copy. They were also circulated to the Council & the PCT - Primary Care Trust or NHS

The cold / flu has taken a few people out and are in recovery at the mo.

See you on Saturday :-) We are now up to 3 mothers and babes.....and dads.

Best,

McCabe

Hello Chris,

Yes, I took Julia's group last Tuesday evening and will be doing the same again tonight. For others reading this, the Tuesday evening group is a ?5 pay as you go session (Not one of the many FREE ones).

I lead all the fitness groups from the back, so if you are a powerwalker reading this you are never on your own - this is also true for Julia too. Infact, we convert most powerwalkers into gentle jogging within the first couple of sessions - but this is optional.

Best,

McCabe

[email protected]@AHM-Go.com

Hi McCabe

Just to say that I'm intending to come tomorrow morning but apologies if I don't make it as I am out tonight (I don't know how energetic I'll be if I have a late night!).

Apologies from my husband also for not making the Sunday cycle - he is definitely keen but I think the length put him off this time - when is your next one?

Looking forward to the mums and babes fitness group.

Thanks

Kate

G'day Katie,

Just in from E'Waterloo theatre, nice to see a musical without an intermission so you get home at a reasonable time.

Depending on the numbers, I may split the group to take the Tue Mums & Babes group straight in to their routine. As there will be a number of pushchairs, we will warm-up and stretch together and then take mums and buggies into the landscaped park (via the oval where we do the DSP (Dips, Squats & Press-ups).

So, if you are feeling jaded, come on to the gentle routine.

See you in the morning.

McCabe

ps. is your husband up for the Ripper Ride mate?! That is, the 'Jack the Ripper' cycle tour next Sunday!

Oh wow! I feel quite invigorated. That was SUCH fun Mr. McCabe. And I love the counting in different languages. Does anyone know Latin?

You are clearly passionate about what you do, and such a great motivator too.

Though you are a bit of a lying toad - I do declare! I expected to walk! Powerwalk, my arse! I sweated like a pig today with all that jogging - feel fabulous now though.:))

Thank you SO much.

Cannot promise to come regularly, but I do hope to attend every so often (depending on how much I have had to drink the night before LOL).

M xxxx

You are like a bloomin grasshopper you... all this running around and such crazyiness. You make me tired just thinking about it B) Zzzzz

Ladymuck Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Oh wow! I feel quite invigorated. That was SUCH

> fun Mr. McCabe. And I love the counting in

> different languages. Does anyone know Latin?

>

> You are clearly passionate about what you do, and

> such a great motivator too.

>

> Though you are a bit of a lying toad - I do

> declare! I expected to walk! Powerwalk, my arse!

> I sweated like a pig today with all that jogging

> - feel fabulous now though.:))

>

> Thank you SO much.

>

> Cannot promise to come regularly, but I do hope to

> attend every so often (depending on how much I

> have had to drink the night before LOL).

>

> M xxxx

@ VBC and The Queen...

Well I wasn't very good. I was LAST! But the nice Mr. McCabe stayed at the back with me which helped keep me motivated. I reckon the pair of you (with your dodgy hip VBC and your planet earth knee Queenie) would probably have overtaken. Still, it was fun...but as Mr. McCabe says: it aint no stroll LOL!

G'day Ladymuck,

A toad? I mean a lying toad? :-)

You are such a joy to meet, and it looks like you have a huge following too!

For anyone else reading this, the fitness technique Project London health uses is to lead from the back. So, if you are getting back to fitness and need to walk I will be there with you. There are joggers in the middle and the runners at the front.

I have to say Me-lady that you were up in the middle and did so well! I think you were more motivated than me..... and that is a tall order. You had a grin ear to ear from 10am until 11-27am!

Hey, as you are very popular, I want to reach out further and include those with partial or no sight, and who can attend with a buddy. Do you or anyone else on the Forum know of anyone that wants to do fitness with a buddy?

The South London Press will be doing a story about the ECG cycle group this Sunday, can you email anyone you know that wants to do the Jack the Ripper cycle ride (9am at the Texaco garage / Goose Green). I compiled a document which I can email out, but more importantly, the Executive Summary I put together is just so tragic - what a beast he was!

So the question is..... will you be there on Saturday with Hibbs?

You are really funny!

Best, McCabe :-)

*tries darndest not to laugh*

Hello Mr. McCabe!

Well! What can a titled Lady of repute say, other than: thank you, you are not so bad yourself old bean.

As for Saturday...I'm sorry, but it's looking unlikely. I shall be going out "on the piss" with my best friend (Sy)Phyllis on Friday night. We have much drinking catching up to do. As to the Saturday in question, Dulwich Hamlets are playing at home and I would like to attend with Her Majesty The (DJKilla)Queen. However, even attendance of this is looking doubtful as I have my friend Michelle, her hubby and their two delicious monsters kids coming over for supper. As a lowly Lady affected by the current recession, unlike The Queen, I shall be reduced to undertaking the necessary preparatory shopping, cleaning, and cooking myself. My apologies.

I have however posted a mention of your Jack The Ripper Cycle Ride on my Cycling Thread in the Lounge - for the benefit of those Loungers who do not visit this section of the Forum. I hope you all have a fabulous day - I am sure you will.

I'd also like to wish you a very Happy Birthday for the 7th!

Toodle Pip.

xx

Hi McCabe,

it's looking unlikely that we'll be able to come on the cycle ride on sunday either, due to family illness :(

If things change I'll let you know though.

sorry to have to miss the 2 days this week. We hope to be back next Sat for the running.

Were you going to send me a contact list re: the Xmas do?

love from Slogger

Hi Slogger,

So sorry to hear about the family illness, being close to them is the best thing.

Chrismas Party :)-D you should be on and have visibility to both the email lists, the fitness group and.... the Cycle group. If you ping each of those emails, you can ..... as they say..... kill two birds with one stone :-)

All the best,

McCabe.

G'day Mazza!

Long time no speak - but I know you are a busy one :-)

So far, we have been really lucky with the weather from both the fitness groups and equally importantly the cycle tours; long may it continue!

We have our social on Monday 15th Nov at the ED Tavern if you are around for that.

Catch you soon and don't work too many hours!

Best,

McCabe.

Hello Mr. McCabe,

Nice to (literally) catch up with everyone today. Apologies for being so late and for missing two-thirds of the session - was a bit hungover and very, very tired. What a fabulous turn-out though. Enjoyed myself neverthless Mr. McCabe, though sorry I couldn't stay for the post-jog coffee (next time). Thanks for making the sessions such fun. Love the Tai Chi bit(s).

Hello all!

Wow, 18 in the park having fitness for FREE! We had some fast ones, joggers, and powerwalkers including a number of mums with pushchairs, with great toning and Chi Gung at the end!

Lady Mock, well done you .... even with a hangover! :-)

Just in from the Jack the Ripper ride, having some champagne because...... its my birthday!

Best,

McCabe