Blue mountain cafe - walked out (Lounged)

Fuschia

i stopped frequenting the Blue mountain cafe a few years ago due to poor service but met the owner recently at the goose green fair where he assured me things have changed. had a brief window of opportunity away from our new born twins today and took number one child in for a treat. 30 mins after ordering, no sign of our scrambled eggs, so we had to leave. as we got up to go, the food arrived, too late. my son was in tears.

very disappointing. it doesn't look like things have improved there after all. the place was virtually empty, not busy at all.

excuse one handed typing.

Many, many congratulations on your twins. Didn't realise you were expecting two! Might see you on school run sooner or later but what did you have boy/girl, girl/girl, boy/boy?

Always had the same experience with Blue Mountain but their scrambled eggs are to die for. In fact, love all their food but only go when I have got the time to wait around!

I really liked this place but have gone off it, too. It's just a bit too big to have a lovely local cafe feeling. The servers are on the whole good, but there are not enough of them. my advice? Take a walk to the Upper East Side and give Jacks a go. Or apply for a visa and go to SE15 for a Petitou nosh-up.

alice Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> why knock it? blue mountain is the platonic cafe

> to which all others aspire. the first - the rest

> followed.

because my main aim when i go into a cafe is to eat some food... and on this occasion, i didn't actually succeed.

bmc - nil points!

it's not very complicated, really!!

Been in there 3 times, and left each time before even ordering - Call me unlucky but the staff have always been pretty off and not made us feel welcome at all - I'm not asking for any special kind of treatment but the last ime the waitress tried to move me whilst still in my chair - nice.......

Couldn't agree more. I've given up and left on a number of occasions.

Mon Petit Chou does lovely homemade soup sometimes. At least I think it's homemade.

HAHA.. It's so funny when middle class people start to realise that they are being ripped off. Oh well, i'm sure one sale of a portion of scrambled eggs on toast would have taken place at some point during the day which would no doubt keep the place going for at least another week. Bloody rip off.

Louisa.

I went to the BMC on tuesday morning this week - it was good service and the food was fantastic. Sometimes you do have to wait for good food but it seems I was one of the lucky ones. The place also had some mums and toddlers in making loads of noise but loving it!

Nero - where is Petinou? what type of place is it?

Personally - I've always found the food at bmc to be top notch, and have learned to live with the wait. Turn up with a Sunday paper and chill out - what's the rush people?

If you want a quick breakfast I hear MacDonalds in Peckham have fast service :)

nutty Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Personally - I've always found the food at bmc to

> be top notch, and have learned to live with the

> wait. Turn up with a Sunday paper and chill out -

> what's the rush people?

I had two breastfed 6 week old babies at home, and needed to be home in an hour! Wanted to have a treat with my 5 year old, I never dreamed an hour wasn't long enough to have a croissant and scrambled eggs.

I usually have breakfasts in the cafe by the video shop, but I thought BMC might do icecream or something we could have after the scrambled egg, as it was a treat. In the end I dried his tears and we got icecream in hope and greenwood.

I did leave a written complaint at BMC, so we'll see if they get back to me and apologise.

What IS the matter with you Louisa??

This is all about poor service - and I haven't been to the BMC more than 3 or 4 times in last 4 years - it always seems busy so I doubt it misses me. Service has always been scatty in there and a shame to hear it hasn't improved. Food has mostly been solid but then I've only gone for breakfasts so not much room to mess up.

The only reason I don't go more often is the fact that it's always really busy, I know the service will suffer and by god it gets loud in there

HAHA.. It's so funny when middle class people start to realise that they are being ripped off.

This is a ridiculous comment.

I've been there a couple of times and it's been fine. The last Sunday I went they had a few teenagers running the show who were a bit all over the place but very charming with it.