April 29th - Where will you be?

Marmora Man

I will not be in front of a TV, in Westminster, the Mall or anywhere near the "wedding".

Weather permitting I intend to be walking sections 8 & 9 of The Capital Ring, a 75m linked circular walk around London that starts and finishes at Woolwich, with a picnic & book in my rucsac, returning home pleasantly tired to a warm bath and a glass of scotch.

Anywhere that does not involve having to be reminded of the wedding.

Charles and Diana's wedding - was on Weymouth beach, it was deserted apart from my daughter and myself :))

Diana's funeral - cleared out garden shed (can't do that this time as I no longer have one).

I hope Scotland. Got an urge to go on the Caledonian sleeper and the West Highland steam railway, including that lovely viaduct (the one that the Hogwarts Express goes over in the Harry Potter films).

Aside from my personal lack of interest in the royal family, I find it obscene that any public money should be used for the wedding considering the scale of the public cuts (c.?20m on policing alone I gather - ?8m more than the budget for the BBC local radio service which may be axed, for example). Seems rather 'Let them eat cake' to me.

Apparently the police are getting double time because, guess what, it's a bank holiday...

Don't you bad mouth Scotland or Wales, either; at least they're spending it on something worthwhile.

silverfox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Having a street party just off Lordship Lane.

>

> Don't worry Ms B, it won't cost any public money

> because there's none to spare - the Welsh and

> Scots have taken it all for free prescriptions.

> I'd join us and boycott Scotland if I were you.

Like Southwark did last year. My council tax and water bills for 2011/12 don't seem to have gone up noticeably either. Suppose that's OK though?

Mr Twirly and I will be packing to go on our hols. I had hoped we'd actually be flying out around the time of the wedding, but the flight is in the evening as it transpires. I have to admit that I shall probably take a sneaky peek at the frock though, don't think I'll be able to resist.

Up in the south Shropshire Hills, listening to the curlews and skylarks, sipping a bottle of Big Nev's ale from the Six Bells in Bishops Castle, sitting in the sun outside a stone cottage with no TV and no internet, a mile from the nearest road. Bliss...