northcross rd 12/10/07 4.20pm

lilolil

(td) Four girls tried to rob my daughter today in Northcross road at about 4.20pm. They came out of Ulverscroft Road and walked up to the fish and chip shop where they waited for my daughter to reach them. After threatening her and asking her for her phone/ money / jewellery she ran and they gave chase.

She managed to lose them, others may not be so lucky. Therefore, please, if you have seen these girls , let me know via this forum, or ring the police.

Their descriptions are: All about 16 years old and black. One has red hair tied in short bunches. All four were wearing dark jeans. One had on a white coat (bomber style). One of the girls is quite chubby. They must be stopped before they either hurt someone or become more experienced thieves. Thank you in advance. Keep East Dulwich safe!!!!

I think it is absolutely appalling that these girls and other people who mug people think they have the right to take other peoples properties. It really makes my blood boil, we all have to work and save to get nice things, no one has the right to take someone elses property and threaten them with violence or intimdation.

Gosh, they need a click around the ears! I wonder if their parents know that they have produced kids who are roaming the streets causing fear!

I live very near the CPT and will happily let you know if I see these girls. If one has red hair I presume it's dyed? My son who is now 16 has had some bad experiences returning from school in the last few years. Luckily he was big enough and bold enough to deal with the situations verbally and never been robbed. However as a parent you hate the thought of what might have happened.

One question though.......can anything be done about these girls even if they are sighted? Also if something can be done how do we contact you?

"Their descriptions are: All about 16 years old and black. One has red hair tied in short bunches. All four were wearing dark jeans. One had on a white coat (bomber style). One of the girls is quite chubby."

As a local business owner on NCR I'll keep a watch out for them, the red hair tied in short bunches is very distinctive.

By the by my son of 16 was mugged in East/North Dulwich 3 times over a 4 day period recently and he only told me on the third occasion, when I asked why he hadn?t mentioned the first 2 he said ?it?s to be expected, I just give up my money?. On the 3rd occasion he had no money and took a beating?. by the way this was outside Charter School at home time on Red Post Hill.

Thank you for the offer. The girl with the red hair is very distinctive. It is bright red (the bunches are). The police looked for the girls just after it happened and are keen to speak to them. They said they will be questioned re attempted robbery, and I will have no qualms about pressing charges.

Declan, I will pm you my mob.

I have seen this particular bunch of girls while taking my daughter to the playground at goosegreen, they are very loud and the white bomber jacket wearer seems to call the shots, she always seems to have the collar of the jacket up around her face. Next time I see them I will call the rozzers. No point trying to make a citizens arrest and being done for a racially motivated hate crime. I would strongly ask you all not to try and do anything silly, just report the sighting and leave it to the professionals.

what number should we call if we spot them? I am assuming this wouldn't be 999. If we can have the number of the police station you have been dealing with - hopefully they should know what we are calling about when we spot them. I wanted to pop it in my mobile - I am out and about ED at all times so wouldn't want to miss the opportunity of dobbing them in it!

Hello

PC Adrian Crust said tonight to ring 999. The report is on record and they would be able to tally it up.As soon as I get a crime reference no. I will post it on here.

This is great! If every mugging/ attempted mugging etc was posted on here we might be able to show these morons that they cant "do it" in East Dulwich!!!!!