What to do about all the dog pooh in Dulwich?

TonyQuinn

rynnem Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Suggestions

> 2) Instead of sneaking around in their priuses to

> find car owners, the local wardens should get up

> early and patrol the streets and enforce the

> current laws/bylaws.

And thus ignoring the current laws/bylaws they're employed to enforce. But of course they're always targetting the poor old car driver for parking illegally!

I AM A RESPONSIBLE DOG OWNER WHO PICKS UP MY DOGS MESS,AND I HATE TO C OTHER PEOPLE NOT PICK UP THIER DOG MESS,I LIVE IN MELBOURNE GROVE AND IT SOMETIMES IS PRETTY BAD ESP WHEN I C THE BIG PILES SOMEONES DOOG LEAVES ON A REGULAR BASIS,ITS MORE LIKE A HORSE SIZE THAN A DOG,IM JUST WAITING TO CATCH THEM COS I HAVE HAD PEOPLE IN MY ROAD POINT THE FINGER AT ME REGARDING THIS BUT THEY HAVE BEEN PUT STRAIGHT BY OTHER NEIGHBOURS

James Barber Wrote:

> I've been assured that yellow stencilled anti dog

> poo logos have been applied on Landcroft and

> Jennings Roads.

Unfortunately the stenciling lasts about 6 months , then disappears

Matt

James - I will have to wait for the snow to clear to see if the stencilling is there but cant we have some signs on some of the lamp-posts advising that it is an offence for dog owners not to clear dogs mess ? I would be happy to put signs up at the junctions of some of the roads near me !

Regards

pandg

Sharp right foot for the dog or the owner LOL?

evelyne Wrote:

> We need doggy DNA.

>

> All dogs required to register.

>

> Dip a stick in the mess and track them down.

>

> If caught a sharp right foot up where the sun

> don't shine will sort it out.

Thank you to the parents who 'park' their dogs outside my child's school whilst they take their children in. The considerable amount of excreta that accumulated was very promptly pressure cleaned and disinfected by Southwark Council after complaint and Community Wardens (intent on keeping the area clean and probably seeking finacial redress from the offenders) were apparent on occasions. The problem has been resolved for the time being. Don't mess with dogs' mess. Offenders will be prosecuted. Southwark Council and local residents take this seriously. If you are a RESPONSIBLE dog owner thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
Several fresh loads on Melbourne Grove this morning right by the dog poo bin - lazy gits. Does anyone must have an insight as to who the culprit is? I would love to see Southwark council making a visit with a large fine to the anti-social owner

I would love to see the Melbourne Grove culprit named and shamed, it is getting beyond a joke, the pile this morning was incredible and revolting, I'm sure some unfortunate person will have hit it by the time we get home tonight. It clearly must be someone with a large dog who walks it late at night or early morning. Always either right by the cars, or under the actual dog poo bin. I'd like to thank them for leaving a pile for me to tread in as I loaded the car outside my house for Christmas, that was certainly an unwelcome present!

What is wrong with these people that they can't pick it up, it's disgraceful, especially when there is a bin for it right there!

I don't know about what's been going on Melbourne Grove but make sure you call up the council hot line and request some action. As well as initially clearing the mess up, ask them to leaflet the area. It certainly worked where i'm from.

You can find the council link at the start of this thread.

Don't see that many Stray Dogs in ED. Mostly with their owner. So no excuse for Dog Poo on our streets.

I once approached a middle aged woman in Dulwich Park and said "Your dog has just Pooed over there"

Her reply was "What's your 'effing' problem mate. Dogs got 'effing' go somewhere."

I asked her if she was going to pick it up. and she replied. "You 'effing' pick it up"

No keepers in the park these days.

Of course, this is happening in the US already:

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2011-01/06/pooprints-dog-dna

Not sure how well the initial registration of the dogs works though given that the owners have to willingly participate and then fork out the cost (?)

evelyne Wrote:

> We need doggy DNA.

>

> All dogs required to register.

>

> Dip a stick in the mess and track them down.

>

> If caught a sharp right foot up where the sun

> don't shine will sort it out.

• 8 months later...