Quick computer problem

mothercourage

Hmmmm, I just did this with dual screens at work. The left screen was turned 90deg left and the right one 90deg right. It took me a good 15 minutes to work how to get both straight again! At least I managed to sort it out without calling IT...

• 4 weeks later...

Another question for any computer knowledgeable types out there:

Having upgraded from a net book to a Dell laptop running Windows 7 I am having trouble installing my HP Laserjet 1010 printer. Although there isn't a specific driver available for Windows 7 I've followed online instructions to work around this involving a Vista driver. I have downloaded this driver.

However, in the Control Panel I am unable to select "Add Printer" as a spooler error appears.

I've looked up the problem online and been into "Run/msc.services" and my spooler isn't starting. It's dependant on a Remote Procedure Call which is working fine. Trying to manually start the spooler leads to a 1053 Error. The orginal error for the spooler is a 1813 Error Code.

I'm now at a loss as to what to try next. Can anyone help me before I have to call out an expert? Many thanks.

In the past versions of windows I have used any "nearby" drivers and found that it worked ok. Try using another laserjet driver .

the 1010 is quite an old machine, I have two of them so i know how good they are but it may be time to say goodbye.