Recommendation for brilliant Handyman - Aston

steffie

• 2 weeks later...

I also recommend Aston, today he has built a fence in front garden and fixed 3 gate posts. Very happy he?s a hard working guy and won?t go until all is fixed and done properly, very happy thanks Aston! I will def call him if and when I need more work done👍🏻

Aston +44 7490 947355

Had Aston around again recently to hang several mirrors and a few other odd jobs. Extremely efficient and friendly as always. A pleasure to have in the house and is now our go to guy for any handy work. No hesitation in recommending his services.

cella Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> CLJ31 Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Aston recently put up a wall-mounted bike

> holder;

> > made good a damp-damaged section of paper

> lining

> > and repainted; fixed some broken tiles on the

> > front step; and replaced two door knobs and a

> > latch for ?260. He was efficient, timely and

> tidy.

> > I reckon it took him 5-6 hours, and all the

> > materials were included in the price, so about

> > ?40-50 p/hour (which ties in with the ?400 per

> day

> > mentioned above). It's not cheap, but he did a

> > great job and although I have paid less for

> > similar before (although not as little as

> ?150)the

> > overall experience and the standard of work

> wasn't

> > as good as I got from Aston. NB - he prefers

> > payment in cash so be prepared to visit the

> ATM.

>

> Am I alone in thinking ?400 a day is excessive -

> who earns that much in most jobs? A lot of these

> tasks are simple and straightforward and the idea

> that cash in hand is publically asked for on

> here...? I seriously don't think we should be

> encouraging potential tax avoidance in this way -

> not as though customers are even getting a cut

> price deal! One to avoid.

No you are not alone. Aston just quoted me ?850 to dig up three holes measuring 70cm x 70cm x 100cm deep in concreted ground. Then he changed it to ?700 to dig two holes. I was gobsmacked, for unskilled labour really? For comparison I was quoted ?250 elsewhere. Thanks but that's a hard pass for me.

• 3 weeks later...
I?d saved up a long list of jobs for Aston and he tackled them all and made a lovely job of everything. I?ve tried other people in the past (and found one of them watching a video of how to put up a blind which didn?t exactly fill me with confidence) and wouldn?t hesitate to recommend Aston for great quality, being helpful and very neat and tidy.

Here is another shout-out for Aston!

I needed quite a bit of trellis put up, which was to be attached to an existing brick wall. Aston took the time to pop around, review what was required and give some advice. He came back the next day and did a perfect job.

Not only is his work to a very high standard, he is also a nice guy to have working around your house/garden, which is important.

I have no hesitation in recommending Aston.

• 2 weeks later...
Aston came out yesterday to put up a shelf in my flat which had fallen down due to over loading. He was quick to book, well priced, polite, friendly, professional and tidy. He also didn't rush the job (like others I've booked before) and took his time to tackle drilling in to our 1960s reinforced concrete walls! He was able to supply new brackets and I am confident the shelf will not be falling down again! I will definitely be re booking Aston in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

Aston came yesterday to install a new cooker hood and replace some outside lights for me.

This was the second time I?d used him, he?s friendly, turns up on time and extremely professional at what he does.

I would highly recommend him and will definitely be using him again for any future jobs.

• 4 weeks later...
We had Aston with us this week. He did a bunch of jobs for us and we couldn't be happier with the results. Aston was friendly and efficient with a great attention to detail - not to mention a big hit with the family. Already planning on having him back again soon.

• 3 weeks later...
Aston responded promptly when I contacted him to replace the felt on my shed and he managed to fit me in within a couple of days. He arrived on time with all the materials and worked quickly. I am very impressed and pleased with the result - Aston is knowledgeable, a perfectionist and takes great pride in his work. He is polite and a lovely guy, a real gem! I will definitely be getting him back to do any other jobs I need doing and recommending him to family and friends.

Aston has just completed some work for us fixing up the shed roof which was in a pretty abysmal state. He did a cracking job, everything was left super clean and tidy, it was on time and on exactly at the price quoted. Lovely bloke too. Would highly recommend

I have previously used Aston and once again he was my "go to" handyman for some minor jobs around the house that I just do not have the skills for. He was in to hang some large picture frames and mirrors, hang some shelving in the nursery and fit some lighting hooks.

As ever, his communication was spot on, he was tidy and was available at short notice.

Thanks Aston!

Simon

I'll also recommend Aston Ferron. Aston came to pull out some kitchen cupboards, seal some holes (slug intrusion) and skirting and replace the cupboards again - a job several other handymen had turned their noses up at. Aston did the work in two halves, in under a day total, left everything tidy and was very amenable to requests. Thoroughly friendly guy, honest and very reliable.

• 2 weeks later...
Couldn't agree more with the sentiment on this thread - Aston was brilliant. He was punctual, careful and did a great job. Aston hung a few larger paintings and heavy mirrors for us, which is easier said than done in a victorian house with wonky walls. He was thoughtful and made sure we were happy with everything. Plus he was a pleasure to chat to. Will no doubt be using Aston again.

This week Aston did a load of awkward repair jobs around our house and fixed some dodgy lights and electrics. All to a high standard and with a positive, friendly attitude. Highly recommended.

A couple of weeks on Aston responded quickly to fix a broken/ leaky plughole in the shower and for what I thought was an exceptionally reasonable charge. So glad to know about him.

• 2 weeks later...