Recommendation for brilliant Handyman - Aston

steffie

After seeing so many positive comments I thought I would contact Aston to help me with some shelves and hanging pictures. He was really quick to book me in and was able to fit my timescales. I think he accidentally double booked me but was so apologetic and tried his best to accommodate a time I could do. We found a suitable time and he came round, perfectly on time. He's really lovely and was very friendly, efficient and professional. I would definitely recommend him and having had trouble finding someone local I could count on I will definitely be using him again.

I have also used Aston's handyman services . He came round to do some work on our gutter . He was available the week I called and his price was within our budget.As everyone else has said he was efficient ,professional and friendly and tidied up after the work . I would have no hesitation in using him again when we have any more of those jobs you keep putting off doing yourself.

I have recently had Aston round to do a number of jobs, and have been really pleased with the work. He worked with a colleague to get the work completed in one day, rather than two (easier for coordinating) and they were professional,, tidy, very friendly and took a great deal of care and attention to ensure all the jobs were completed to a very high standard. They both spent a good deal of time clearing up afterwards at the end of the day which was much appreciated.

I have discussed with Aston to get him back for some further work to be done. Really pleased to have found him, and can only echo the positive recommendations already here. Well priced too

Another positive recommendation for Aston. Called him on Tuesday and he came round two days later to rehang a shed door. He was very efficient and took time to clear up afterwards. Will have no hesitation to contact him again if I need a handyman.

RS

Aston did a very professional job fitting a wooden gate that we use as a stair gate at the top of our stairs which are unusually wide and therefore required a home made post etc. He also did a great job fitting parts of our kitchen which were falling apart. He clearly showed his carpentry training. He also did a couple of other smaller jobs. I would highly recommend and would definitely use again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I would like to make another recommendation for Aston. He did a great job fixing a curtain rail disaster which had left gaping holes in the wall. Now filled, made good, painted and the curtain rail & supports refitted securely, he has done a fantastic job. He was also punctual, polite and efficient, and communicated well throughout the course of the job. Thoroughly recommend for house services. tel. 07490 947355

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I would like to also reiterate the professional workmanship of Aston. He spent an afternoon at our house and in that time covered off a multitude of small and medium sized jobs. He was tidy, considerate and very relaxed to be around. We have already booked him in for another time and have no doubts in recommending him.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I would also like to say thanks to Aston who has been to rehang a door plane another one and hang some Roman blinds. His work is always high quality and he is prompt, very polite and turns up on time...

Unlike Sean of Dulwich who I booked to do some work and he never came and didn't answer any messages. So I am not sure why is being grumpy (see above).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I can really recommend contacting Aston (07490 947 355). After the handyman from hell came and did the worst job you've ever seen (of making a cupboard around the utilities), Aston came round, at very short notice, and fixed the whole thing perfectly. He was so polite, efficient (he did in less than 1 hour what the other guy had spend a whole morning doing...and utterly messing up!), and tidy ? I can't recommend him highly enough.

• 2 weeks later...
I had major problems fixing a heavy tall IKEA bathroom cabinet to the wall. The fittings I was advised to use by a local DIY store just didn't work and when I put the heavy mirrored door on the whole cabinet came loose from the wall. I needed professional help and looked to the EDF and found Aston. He was able to come round promptly the same morning I phoned (10 April 2017) and his communication was excellent. Despite the holes I had made being far to large and it being inadvisable according to Aston to drill new ones nearby he somehow managed to get the cabinet up very securely. The proof of the pudding was going to be securing the heavy mirrored door. Aston suggested waiting a few hours before doing this to let things settle and in fact I have just screwed the door in two days later. Result? Whole thing - solid as a rock!In addition what everyone says is true: Aston was polite, punctual, informative, very pleasant, reasonably priced and he tidied up. No hesitation in heartily recommending Aston and I now know our port of call for DIY DOS.

Yes... another recommendation for Aston here. I got his details from EDF and didn't regret it. He's just today finished a list of jobs around the house, all of which have been done to a high standard. He's friendly, punctual, tidy and very clear about how he's going to tackle jobs.

• 2 weeks later...
Highly recommend Aston. He did a fantastic job, reliable and great finish and lovely guy too! Fantastic to find someone who can do small odd jobs as well as larger jobs and will certainly use again next time we need some bits doing round the house. Thanks!