Recommendation for brilliant Handyman - Aston

steffie

Just wanted to add my recommendation to the many others. Aston came to put up my new curtain rail and blinds on Monday. He did a perfect job with the curtain rail but he tactfully pointed out that the blinds I had supplied were a bit too tight for the space. I appreciated that he didn't plough on regardless - his priority was that I be happy with the finished product. I am delighted with his work putting up the curtain rail and am pleased that he will be coming back to fit the blinds. He is professional, punctual, and friendly too.

Just adding my recommendation. Aston did a great job fixing my kitchen units that were on the verge of coming off the wall. He arrived promptly, explained to me what he was doing, tidied up afterwards, etc. Would not hesitate to recommend him.

Yep. Aston came round the day after I contacted him to fit a pulley airer. Excellent man. I'm going to make a list of those things I don't trust myself to do. For this amount of recommendations, I figured he'd be a good bet (considering how hard it is to judge - we've all been bitten by that one!) and he was great.

I?ve had Aston come round before and was very pleased with his work and approach so booked him again this week. He?s very meticulous, hard working and a pleasure to have in your home. If you are looking for someone who will do a job really well, I?d definitely recommend you contact him! His number is: ‭+44 7490 947355‬

Today Aston worked for me again, this time to remove two very unsightly external gas meter covers which were at least 15 years old and which were hanging off the wall, and to fit new ones (which I had bought online). Due to the condition of the wall, he had to do a lot of adaptations to make them fit, and it turned out to be a very challenging job, but he persevered, stayed cheerful, and came up with solutions. The result is that the new boxes look really good in place, and I am delighted. He also replaced yet more light bulbs in my high ceilings. The versatility in what he can do never ceases to amaze me. I will of course be booking Aston for any future help I need.

Another happy customer, I have used Aston services recently and was really impressed with the quality and finishes of his work. Having had bad experiences with tradesmen before, this time I was very happy with the work done, brilliant! He is very nice guy too. Highly recommend.

I work full time so it is very difficult for me to be at home during day time. I contacted Aston, but he only works between Monday to Friday. Nevertheless, very efficient in answering my messages. Niko, could work Saturdays, came home to do a quote and never came again. I asked him to come and he kept forgetting me, so I lost 6? in phone calls.

I found out Andrew also in the forum and he is amazing. Came last Saturday and fixed 3 doors, installed an oven, changed the bathroom silicone, bleeded the radiators and fixed a kitchen drain. I felt super comfortable with him and always polite. He seems to know a little of everything. Came with the necessary tools and a vacuum to clean after!

Highly recommended! His number is 007446280549.

I was very pleased to find Aston through this thread - he fixed a couple of large areas of damp in our kitchen and did a fantastic job. I'd highly recommend him (and use him again) as he was professional, reliable, very knowledgable and reasonably priced.

Aston's number is 07490947355.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

We live in East Dulwich, we are looking for a handyman to fix a new handle onto a door and to remove a bedroom door, and shave it down to a height that is right. We had a new carpet fitted and the door is difficult now to open and close. Do let me know if you are interested but ideally would like to get the job done quite quickly. Regards Audrey

I was very glad to find Aston through the recommendations on here. He's a lovely guy, professional and efficient, and cleaned up very well after himself. He fixed my bed for me and even took off his shoes at my request before coming upstairs as I have just got new carpets. Very reasonable rate, and I will definitely be calling on him again for future jobs. His number is 07490947355.

We too would thoroughly recommend Aston. He did an excellent and very careful couple of jobs for us, was a very friendly person to have around the house, good value, and tidied up thoroughly before he left (also voluntarily took his shoes off upstairs). We'd definitely use him again, and would wholeheartedly recommend him.

I was so impressed how quick and professional his service is. Aston replied to my first text shortly after and booked me in for the next day. He fixed a few of our wardrobes with many hinges came off. I would definitely contact him again.