The Castle - Jenny the manager forced out

I hope that it is just the euros- it is definitely a lot more noisy and the clientele seems to have changed. I accept that we chose to live near a pub but loud swearing and shouting at almost midnight for hours is not what we signed up for.

It certainly would seem to be The Euros..

..All pubs showing the Football are rammed.. There is bound to be much drinking and excitement.

..same as when the Rugby was on..

I haven't been to The Castle for years.. On a previous visit I fell through the floor on the way to the loos..

The old carpet was covering a hole in the floorboards. Proper pub back in those days.. :)

Foxy.

DulwichFox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

> I haven't been to The Castle for years.. On a

> previous visit I fell through the floor on the way

> to the loos..

> The old carpet was covering a hole in the

> floorboards. Proper pub back in those days.. :)

Ah memories Mr. Fox. I stepped in the door one day and the ceiling fell in

dulwichita lineman Wrote:

> Like most things in life you only appreciate what

> you had when they are gone.

Some of us appreciate what we've got when we've got it!

Makes for a rather unhappy life otherwise :)

• 4 weeks later...

Went to The Castle last night.

They now only have the very cold Guinness and the ordinary kind seems to have gone.

Just before 9pm the music was turned up from behind the bar to such a high volume I couldn't stand to sit in there any longer.

We took our pints outside, drank them and went elsewhere.

Sorry for the neighbours if that is going to be the way of things now.

• 6 months later...
Loyalty, commitment seems to mean nothing these days. Sad post. She must be feeling very blue. When will people learn that dedicated service shows great loyalty and passion from their employees and that this place runs through her veins into her heart. I'm sorry to hear this, and I hope ALL the regulars go elsewhere.

MistyBlue Wrote:

> Loyalty, commitment seems to mean nothing these

> days. Sad post. She must be feeling very blue.

> When will people learn that dedicated service

> shows great loyalty and passion from their

> employees and that this place runs through her

> veins into her heart. I'm sorry to hear this, and

> I hope ALL the regulars go elsewhere.

There's nowhere much else to go in East Dulwich.

The Castle is/was the last proper pub left round here since the CPT became The Great Exhibition :(