Dulwich Village Schools - Mornings

Joylo

It's not just about manners, though I agree that's important, it's about teaching safety awareness so they know how to avoid hurting or intimidating other people. Intimidating sounds over the top, I know, but an elderly neighbour feels she can't go out alone because of the risk of being knocked down. American-style helicopter parenting means parents are usually on hand to pick up the pieces and apologise on their behalf if necessary, but still.

Brilliant thread.

Unfort the topic of kids, always causes amazing disagreement, as its hard to be objective when one hasn't witnessed the specific behavior themselves. But in general I do agree that parents who allow their kids to 'roam free' are often quick to blast anyone who suggests a little more control as 'unfriendly to kids'. There are shades of grey in this whole area, but it does amaze me what some parents will allow/justify because of kids.

For example, the way some parents just stop in the middle of the road or pull across oncoming traffic to park wherever they like while dropping kids off at school I think is horrendously inconsiderate to other road users, but im sure if I complained I would get the standard 'I've got to drop my kids off!'...like that excuses almost any transgression of road rules or politeness. And before people start having a go at me, yes I too have kids, and drop them off at Nursery/school, and manage to do it with a little consideration for others.

You do get some proper nutters on here, don't you?

[ although to be fair, I thought the OP's complaint about parents and kids walking three abreast seemed bizarrely intolerant... it can be a busy road, and wanting to hold your children's hands seems reasonable to me ]

Don't know if I'm one of the nutters Jeremy (I say no, Mrs.H says yes) but I took the OP to mean groups of parents walking three abreast. Of course I understand a parent with two small children wanting to hold their hands (though it's a good example of politeness for the kids to step to one side to let oncoming pedestrians through) - it's when one gets three parents all with buggies walking abreast and taking the width of the pavement, forcing one into the road, that it gets rather annoying.

Outstanding thread!

Spat my tea out at the point at which Artful got accused of...... I daren't even say it!!

Perhaps there has been a misunderstanding about what dogging means

Anyhow, people be courteous both on the pavements and on forums (and teach your children too) and then we can all be happy whether we are upper, middle or whatever class.

And OP, maybe leave for work 5mins earlier so you aren't late for the train and grumpy!

Pleeeeeease keep going with the ludicrous posts though (from all sides), it has really helped me out of a very dull day

Hilarious!

We have all been taken for a ride by Posh Lindylou - who actually posts on West Dulwich Forum as

boring east dulwich

Posted by: lindylou 29 December, 2007 23:13

Hi everyone in West Dulwich. I am new to this forum. I have been posting on EDF as a new member but find them v. strange. Don't get me wrong - I am a working class lass, actually working in a domestic environment in west dulwich for a very nice family. In my previous working life I was a legal secretary but actually became so stressed with the job I suffered a near heart-attack. Admittedly this was 30 or so years ago. I then decided to enter domestic work (which has been in our family for years) and find I enjoy this work so much. I love people and looking after people. However, I do love to keep up to date pseudo-intellectually,and I also love to mix well with people. I find the ED lot very brash, vulgar and up their own A***ses, which I find upper classes and lower classes at least have in common (we cannot abide the middle man). Well either you will accept my postings or not - I hope I can keep you all informed of the latest in ED. Feel free to read my posts on the ED forum. Much love.

Jules-and-Boo Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hilarious!

>

> We have all been taken for a ride by Posh Lindylou

> - who actually posts on West Dulwich Forum as

> boring east dulwich

>

> Posted by: lindylou 29 December, 2007 23:13

>

>

> Hi everyone in West Dulwich. I am new to this

> forum. I have been posting on EDF as a new member

> but find them v. strange. Don't get me wrong - I

> am a working class lass, actually working in a

> domestic environment in west dulwich for a very

> nice family. In my previous working life I was a

> legal secretary but actually became so stressed

> with the job I suffered a near heart-attack.

> Admittedly this was 30 or so years ago. I then

> decided to enter domestic work (which has been in

> our family for years) and find I enjoy this work

> so much. I love people and looking after people.

> However, I do love to keep up to date

> pseudo-intellectually,and I also love to mix well

> with people. I find the ED lot very brash, vulgar

> and up their own A***ses, which I find upper

> classes and lower classes at least have in common

> (we cannot abide the middle man). Well either you

> will accept my postings or not - I hope I can keep

> you all informed of the latest in ED. Feel free to

> read my posts on the ED forum. Much love.

wow. not sure what to say to that, other than to warmly welcome back LindyLou....it should be entertaining if nothing else....

I agree with you. (Yes, you reading this now!)

So now that you know I'm on your side, another small request. If you have small children, could you possibly rouse yourself from the depths of despair when you're walking them past the College Road toll booth? I ask only because the section of pavement right next to the barrier has become prime real estate for the tying of tiny shoelaces, chats over huddled buggies, and toddling as close to the kerb as humanly possible. That's the same kerb that cyclists and motorcyclists have to ride along to use the two wheel lane next to the barrier. You or possibly little Tarquin are going to cause an accident.

If the cherubic fruit of your loins has left you too worn to care at this point, could you at least check your household contents insurance includes public liability cover for when you're out and about. The good policies do. That way, you won't mind when someone has to sue you. Thanks ever so! xx

lindylou Wrote:

> Artful dodger "dogger?" have just passed your

> details on to CEOP.child exploitation and online

> protection agency, also the police. Your sexual

> references to minors are abhorent. You do not know

> the age of these posters. I find it very discerni

> ng that you are keen to find.? IP addresses of

> minors. Whats more worrying iS that you delete

> prior posts.

Did I really just read this?? F**k me.

New girl, what a thoughtful and kind offer but I think I need to take zebedee's comment into consideration and decline before I get myself into even more terrible trouble on here ! (Ps Peckham rye car park after closing is a nice spot to visit in my ford Capri 😳)

Quids, I hope you are refering to ms. Loo (sorry Lou) in your reference and not little old innocent me (cough)

I am also fascinated about how she (ms. Loo) has gone totally quiet since last Saturday night...

Jules-and-Boo Wrote:

> you'd get labelled a stalker if you asked Admin to

> find out when she was online last ;-)

Oddly you don't have to, all our histories show the last time we looked even if we don't comment - oh God, maybe I'm a stalker!