Unusual names

jaybee82

jaybee82 - funny topic!

A few years ago I used to have a contact at work that I never got to meet in person. His name was 'Rob Storm'.

So.......every time we spoke on the phone, I couldn't help but visualise him in a superhero costume :-S

*imagines RS in extremely tight-fitting black lycra tights and leotard with a fluorescent yellow lightning bolt emblazoned across the chest*

ps. Rob, if you're reading this. Sorry.

Recently interviewed a Glen Gaydar. His business partner was Dr Kariyuki-prnounced karaoke. Plus as a lamentably un-pc black person, I invite you to google the name of the guy who may become Nigeria's new vice president. Also google the name of the joint gas/oil project that country has set up with Russia's Gazprom. Shame on me.

Kells Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I worked for Dr Dong once. Some girls went past

> his office, giggling.....I had to explain why.

Try working for the Danish state oil company - its also called that :)

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> katie

>

> i wonder if it's this Rob Storm (think he was on

> stars in their eyes)

Sean- that clip is hilarious! Sadly, it can't be him....no superhero costume y'see ;)

I know of someone who keeps a list of interesting patient names we come into contact at work (a local Emergency Dept) because their local I really can't share any full names on here, but we've seen some stunners - have seen several Channel's when I think their parents were aiming for Chanel!

yes the Danish oil company is called DONG it stands for Dansk Olie og Natur Gas makes perfect sense really.

'slut' og 'slutspurt' are other Danish words which seems to cause some hilarity.

A story, perhaps not true, is that the English Queen visited Denmark and they put stickers on the lifts she was going to use as all Danish lifts have signs saying 'i fart'