Updated train timetable to print out

UPDATE (12/12/2010): A new timetable with additional trains started today so I've attached an updated version. I've tried to make it clear on the timetable that the new later trains from ED to LB (00:18 & 00:33) only run on Friday and Saturday evenings. I hope people continue to find this timetable useful.

ORIGINAL (23/05/2010): A few people have said they might want an up-to-date version of the train timetable I made last year after I got frustrated with continually turning up at London Bridge and just missing a train. I?ve gone through all the new train times which start today (23rd May) and I've also made two different sized versions depending on what people find most useful:

1.?Big? ? this is the one I keep on my fridge.

2.?Small? ? these were made to fit into my wallet. This time I?ve tried to make the pdfs in such a way that if you print out the 1st page then turn the paper over and print out the 2nd page they should print back to back (or select 'print double sided' if you have a clever printer [thanks Bartoche]). Printing back-to-back like this does seem to work on my printer but there is a definite possibility that it might not work with others! I print them on photo-paper or card so that they?re stronger in my wallet and not see through.

3. Smartphones: Thanks to KidKruger for suggesting that I also provide the timetable in a format for people with smartphones (e.g. iphone) who can import pictures onto their device. I've converted the original timetable to a picture file which can either be synced as a photo to your phone, emailed to yourself & saved or transfered across with the relevant app (e.g. FileApp). Surprisingly it actually looks quite good on my iphone- not stretched at all. However, for some reason the forum is only letting me attach one of the pictures so I'll attach the second in my next post below

I?ve doubled checked it with both the Southern Website and the Trainline and I?m sure they?re an exact match. However, the timetable might change or might run differently to the website. If anyone notices any differences please let me know on this thread and I?ll update the timetable. The only anomaly I noticed was on Sundays from East Dulwich to London Bridge, the Southern Website says there is both a 07:37 and 07:38. Given that no-where else does two train arrive within an minute and that for the rest of Sunday the trains go at 07 & 37mins I?m assuming that the 07:38 is an error but if anyone is travelling at 7:30am next Sunday let me know!

Hopefully this might be of use to people who've been using the old one or even people who didn't see it the first time around.

ADDITIONAL TIMETABLES

Denmark Hill: I've attached another one from Denmark Hill to London Bridge in a post below (May 25th 02:53PM)

Peckham Rye: If anyone wants to send me the times I don't mind making one - see my post on May 25th at 02:59PM for details of the best way to do this

anna_r Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thank you so much - very helpful! Already printed

> out (back to back - worked perfectly) and in

> purse!

Excellent! I'm really pleased the back-to-back worked (although you might be the lucky one!).

Let me know if you like it or if you have any suggestions to make it better.

EDITED: Download the attachment for the second iphone picture. When saving it will automatically save as a PNG this is probably the best format to ensure the text is clear.

Bartoche Wrote:

> Top man, very useful!

> I've combined small 1 & 2 so you just need to

> print that one file double side!

> Many thx,

> B

Thanks Bartoche. I forgot that some people have clever printers which can automatically print 'back to back' - unfortunately my old inkjet definately isn't up to it!

I've updated the file and altered the instructions to make it easier for those with newer printers.

I'm glad the double sided thing seems to be working for most people.

In playing with my new iPhone (ahem) I have discovered a way to get the image on to your device, in case this is useful to anyone.

For each image (ED->LB and LB->ED) :

On your computer...

Open the (small) PDF and do a screenshot and past into Paint.

Select the timetable only (not surrounding white space).

Paste the timetable only into a new Paint image.

Attach/Email it to the email account you can use via iPhone.

On your iPhone...

Open the email you just sent to yourself.

When you open the email you will see the image displayed.

Save the image.

It should now appear in your iPhone's Camera Roll, like this (see attachment, dunno how to paste image into this msg) :

PS-Copyright Respek to sliding_doors....

12/12: edited to remove attachment so as not to cause confusion against later versions of same timetable.

Did the train timetable just update?

I missed the 8.15am last week and had to wait until 8.35am for the next train (despite reading about the new 8.27am and hoping that would save me...)

Then this morning missed the 8.15am again and lo and behold... the 8.27am arrived, chopping 8 minutes off the wait.

chez Wrote:

> LEGEND! Like the iPhone applicability too

>

> How about one from Denmark Hill too...?

I didn't even think about putting it on my ipod until it was mentioned above but it saves me printing it out for the moment.

Luckily the Denmark Hill timetable is really simple so only takes 5 minutes. It's a bit boring as the trains stay the same through most of the day but it does mean that both journeys should fit on one page. The only tricky thing was on Sunday there are quite a few slow trains which take 30mins rather than 10mins. I didn't want to confuse anyone (or myself) so only put the slow ones on when they are relevant - i.e. early in the morning and late at night. They are the starred italicized ones.

It's only done really quickly but might be worth to put on your iphone. Hope it's OK.

Jeremy Wrote:

> Am I the only one thinking that it's a bit cheeky

> to ask the guy to produce timetables for other

> stations?

>

> I mean... why not just knock up your own one in

> Word or something, then share on here?

I've said in PMs to some people that I don't mind making a Peckham Rye one if someone wants to send me train times preferably in a format as similar as possible to the way I present it on the timetable. I.e. split by hours

E.g. Monday to Friday: East Dulwich to London Bridge

6am: 12,39,55

7am: 05,15,29,34,46,57

8am: 04,14,27,33,45,59

Etc.

I got the times for the original timetable from the website mentioned above http://mytimes.southernrailway.com/hafas/query-p2w.exe/en and I also double checked it with the trainline but that's probably overkill. If anyone wants to do that PM me and I'll try to fit them into the timetable

Wow these are good.

But can I cheekily ask for

Peckham Rye to London B and V

Honor Oak Park to London B, V and Overground?!

Or is that asking for too much?

If so, how could I lay it out myself without having a pdf editor?