Boy in the park-Beware

Keef

I quite deliberately used the phrase "seems to suggest" in order to imply this was how I had interpreted the last sentence of your post. Clearly as this is just my interpretation it is open to correction. If you feel I have misrepresented your post, I apologise and by all means put me right, but please don't accuse me of "putting words in your mouth" when I haven't.

Fair enough, apologies.

With regards the crossing the road thing, I have to say, it's never crossed my mind. I've crossed the road (when I was younger) to avoid gangs, but never even thought to cross the road because I might be worrying someone else.

Perhaps now I will in the future, but again, it's a sad state that this should be necessary, and that women should feel so afraid when ou alone.

I've always gone for the keeping my distance, or the friendly smile approach.

It is indeed a sad state when a minority of social misfits can affect a society to the extent that it does.

Perhaps a rethink of how did it get to this position and should it be allowed to continue with the culture of soft

leniency in sentencing.

Perhaps flogging should be brought back for the benefit of the judiciary and ultimately society?

That serial rapist Reed who should have been stopped by the police several years ago, and whom are now being charged for their ludicrous handling of the case may improve things.

Unfortunately there are far more corrupt cops than the token dupes who have been knicked.

Sad for the straight and honest ones on the force who must find it difficult to watch what goes on at close quarters, and have to bite their tongues and ignore it for the sake of their careers.

He cycled by me in the park on his BMX this morning at about 10.45am, looked back at me and shook his head, he was wearing the same clothes, black trousers, grey hoody/jumper. By the time I got round to the old tennis courts the police were speaking to the boy, he was sitting on the tree trunk again. I gave them a positive ID on him but by the time the wardens had got over to him again he had vanished. They called 999 and had 4 cars and a van out looking for him on the streets but to no avail. They are hot on his heels and very keen to get him as they realise the potential danger that he could be and are patrolling the park daily.

Just to let you know that the police said if you see him, call 999 straight away as they are determined to get him and they are very aware of him.

I now feel really uneasy being in the park on my own now and think I'm going to walk my dog in Peckham park until he's caught. Such a shame that it's come to this but I am now fearing for my safety.

I think you'll find Peckham Rye an altogether more cheerful environment.

From a community point of view, the dog crowd in PR is close knit, so you are never far from someone who will stand by you.

It does have it's occasional yobs & hoodies, and I believe there has been a 'flasher' in the past (long time ago) but the general atmosphere of Peckham Rye is way more relaxed and less 'Yummie Mummie' than Dulwich Park, and dog areas are less restricted too.

Come to the Irish Festival this weekend & check it out!!

• 3 months later...
My friend was in the park last week on the exercise machines. A black man stood in front of her and undid his top and then put his hand inside his trousers. She said he was probably in his late twenties. She could not find the warden but has asked me to post this to warn others.

Very terrifying. Do you mean Dulwich Park? Was anyone else around? Your friend should report it to the police. They take this very seriously thank goodness as it can escalate to something else. Hopefully your friend can give a description which could help find him.

Not sure about the hands in trousers thing - is it something trendy.

I had to access a building site recently and all the younger guys seem to walk around with there hands in their tracksuit bottoms. They also walk around 'on tiptoes' in a strange slovenly way that I never noticed before. The 'trouser' trends now are strange (for us that were young in the 80's).