Football Focus

Jah Lush

Hull reputedly wanted James Beatty but Stoke got in there first. Stoke are rhapsodising about BT's goalscoring class but appear to have forgotten his Premier League scoring record was distinctly unimpressive prior to Bryan Robson getting him to Bramall Lane. And about half the 12 goals he has got this season for Sheffield United have been penalties or directly from free kicks. And yes all of that is sour grapes - I wish he'd stayed!

Well it's a decent write-up but how the media spin stories is not as influential on results as applying the right kind of pressure on refereeing officials. I noted a slight nervousness in Rafa when he made his ground breaking revelations last Friday and I'm sort of glad he has done his warm-up in January rather than shaking like a lamb come the Spring, when it really will be gloves off or usually is for Fergie.

This is the take from Patrick Barclay - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/manutd/4213791/Managerial-mind-games-do-not-decide-titles-but-FA-must-deal-with-Sir-Alex-Fergusons-careless-remarks.html

So, Man City don't want Kaka any more, or they do and he wants clauses in his contract that Mansor will keep the club, they will have Champions League football in two years (don't make me laugh), they keep Robinho and he retains all his image rights. All that and ?175M. I think I'd put up with a bit of rain for that.

Oh, and Rooney is out for three weeks. That should help ease the selection crisis.

I'm not making any predictions this weekend as they never come true!

As for Liverpol v Everton at Anfield on Monday night, Liverpool have an abysmal record against Everton in these rare night time Anfield derbies, losing the last 3 times, stretching over 21 years.

However, the last time Liverpool played this sequence of games, of an Anfield league derby proceeding an FA Cup Anfield derby, the Reds came out 3-1 winners... but 10 days later the manager quit..