Football Focus

Jah Lush

david_carnell Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> David Carnell (deliriously happy at having seen

> Leeds win away from home, with 10 men for 85 mins,

> and having seen the scum and the Blades lose - a

> good weekend) :)

Yeah.......you are delirious........what league are Leeds in this year? What was the score in the other 5 minutes! Maybe you only play 85 mins in the lower leagues and I presume you can't afford 11 players.

Wo-there. I was only poking fun at SimonM - something I do often and he does back in good spirits. I have no idea what your problem is but to answer your questions:

League One. Why? Do we have to play my team's better than yours again? I'll probably lose.

0-0 then we had a man sent off in the 9th minute before going on to win. Do you see why that's a good result?

The rest of your sentence makes little sense - are you a Man Utd fan by any chance? In which case I now realise why.

You forgot that (1) Derby's 1st goal was an own goal "scored" by Matt Kilgallon & (2) their second,winning goal was scored by Rob Hulse! (his first for Derby, first since coming back from that dreadful injury he suffered at Chelsea). I watched the game on Sky and we were pretty awful - thank goodness Beatty is back ...So enjoy your *good* weekend >:D

david_carnell Wrote:

Wo-there. I was only poking fun at SimonM something I do often and he does back in good

spirits. I have no idea what your problem

David: I don't think I'll be alone whrn I say that I realise that your comments were said tongue-in-cheek(like the ones you made to me,in fact:X) but some others just don't "get it".

People,eh(!)(6)B)

???? Wrote:

> 'bleedin hell the bleedin 'wall are lurking near

> the top oftheir lowly league...

ONE DAY MY FRIEND..the WALL will rise from the ashes and RULE THE WORLD!

We WILL be the pride of Sarf London/Kent/The whole of London/All the South-East/England/The UK/Great Britain/Europe/The whole bleedin' WORLD,in fact....get orf mi sisterB)

Oh dear..........I don't 'get it'. I get it enough to know 'scum' is a word that implies ignorence. 'People eh'........is that the best defence you can come up with for someone who thinks it's okay to refer to certain other people as scum.............aren't you a person? If so 'tongue in cheek' deserves better than the use of such a crass word. Still if you are happy in your club of those who do 'get it' have fun and enjoy your blinkered vision!

Man U fan who also supports Longford Town, Longford RFC, Leinster, Munster, Ireland, The Lions and Dulwich Hamlet!

Erm...if you support a football club then you kind of expect insults to be thrown at you from supporters of other clubs. It's all part of the fun at most levels.... And he was calling Merde Utd "scum" not their supporters, which to any right-thinking football fan is no more than restrained fair comment...

And heaven knows Leeds supporters get little enough pleasure in life these days....B)

SimonM Wrote:

> Erm...if you support a football club then you kind

> of expect insults to be thrown at you from

> supporters of other clubs. It's all part of the

> fun at most levels.... And he was calling Merde

> Utd "scum" not their supporters, which to any

> right-thinking football fan is no more than

> restrained fair comment...

>

> And heaven knows Leeds supporters get little

> enough pleasure in life these days....B)

Quite correct on all counts. Ta, Simon.

Come on, David's dirty Leeds and he can't help that! (This is tongue in cheek but I also do think Leeds are dirty).

I notice Anna didn't come to your defense Declan despite being offended by a 'tongue in cheek' bin dippers reference only a few weeks ago. Liverpool fans have short memories (except when it comes to European cup wins.)

Shame about the result on saturday, we were poor but you have to let them one in every five or six just give them hope. ;-)

My goodness that was a game and a half on Saturday. I have never known Anfield like it. Was a fantastic game to be at and I was thoroughly impressed with our performance. Can't wait to get back up there for the Stoke game.

Sunday's Chelsea v United game will be interesting. No Vidic, no Terry. Will Ronaldo be back?

On a separate note, I see that AIG are struggling financially. What's the likelihood of Man United playing with a patch on the front of their shirts in the coming weeks?

Peckhamgatecrasher Wrote:

> Darling Declan

>

> Long time, no sparring. David really is a lovely

> chap, you just haven't been introduced properly:

>

> Declan, may I present David who has an interesting

> line in tweeds.

>

> David, this is Declan who as a Lions supporter, is

> a man of unparalleled taste.

Thank you PGC but you may have got the wrong end of the stick regarding my affection for the Lions. The one's I like only play every 4 years, almost always abroad and they rarely win!