Winter babies club (due in December, January, February)

Woo hoo! All these babies...congratulations Sue and Victoria. Two lovely girls!

My son Archie Jake was born on Feb 1st after what I think was about a two day slow labour. We're stuck in Kings at the moment because he was a big lad (9lb 6) and I had a few complications. But, we're doing fine and look forward to seeing you all soon and massive Congrats again!

Penny

Xx

Congratulations Penny and Victoria, hope all

is well. Victoria- saybhinto the oakwood girls from me.

Not sure if we are going to make it tomorrow for coffee at green and blue as Izzy has been throwing up today so will see how she is in the morning. Debx

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure either if I will be able to make it today as I have been having strong pains last night and have no idea if this is a good sign or not.

So i have to check today and see what is going on.

I'm on week 38 and baby's due is 24th but I doubt he will come in time...oh lord!

Have a wonderful time this afternoon and i really hope I can meet you all the LOs.

Paula xxxx

Good luck Paula - sounds promising!

We should hopefully make it this afternoon although I've decided to buckle down this week and try and get some sort of napping routine in place (Lily refuses to nap in the day!) so a bit depends on whether she's out or not (the only thing that seems to work is a darkened room and a white noise cd!) It may be that I'll be there but not till a bit later - hopefully make it though!

Have got my fingers crossed for you Paula - hopefully this may be the end of the wait so good luck!

Emma - good luck with Lily too, Bea just cat naps but it's better than nothing :O)

Am planning to come along this afternoon so see you all there (is anyone else def coming, don't want to turn up if I'm the only one and with all the new babies I know how hard it is?)

xxx

i've only just remembered!!! probably wouldn't have made it as we're all over the place too.

Does anyone think we should try to meet somewhere else with a bit more room next week? The new cafe The Gardens opposite Peckham Rye is nice and roomy....or the Actress? just suggestions...hope to see you all next week when we're a bit more with it.

Fuschia, at the moment we just try to meet on tues afternoons at 3pm, usually at green and blue and i think most of us just check here to see who will be along etc.

Penny

x

Hi all,

Did you meet up yesterday in the end? I would have loved to go but I needed to rest. Today is just like any other normal day and I think it will be better as I managed to rest.

The new places sound like a good idea...but isn't Peckham a bit difficult to find parking? There is always the option of Dulwich Village, which is sooo relaxing - but this is just my view!

Oh I can't wait to meet my baby boy! But I have to be honest...I'm a bit scared now that I have just days left...I don't want to be scared..but I am :-$

Anyway, I will watch a film now...Pretty Woman - ages since I last watched it.

Take care and looking forward to meeting all the little ones!!

Pau xxx

Agree a larger venue may be good especially now there'll be so many buggies :O) Dulwich village is lovely, Cafe Rouge there is pretty spacious and also the Pavillion in the park.

Pau - so your little man didn't arrive yesterday, enjoy your last few days of chilling.

x

Thanks for the well wishes and apologies for the delayed update (we've had family staying with us since the birth).

Bronwen Elizabeth was born on the 20th of Jan via C-Section. Had a great experience at King's (much better than the with my first daughter) and am slowly settling into my new life with 2 children under 17 months!!!

Hope to make the next meet up. Tuesdays may be a bit tricky for me initially as I'll also have my toddler(and I am still not able to pick her up) but I'll see what I can do. Would also be up for another day if that suits anyone else (I am toddler fre on Wed-Fri).

Can't wait to see you all and to meet the new babies!

C x

Hi all,

Many congratulations on the births of your babies! My son George was born on sat 29th Jan and came home last Saturday from Kings after spending a bit of time in the special care baby unit. It has all been a bit stressful but I am glad to say that he is fit and well now.

Hopefully we will be able to make the next meet.

Love Kirsten x

Hello!!!

No signs of baby yet but well...I still have another week...I'm due on 24th! And something tells me this little man will be late... Anyway, I enjoy my last days..

So, when are we meeting then?

Mornings or afternoons, and what days?

I can do mornings except for tomorrow morning and Tuesday afternoon (dentist)..but I'm open to suggestions for places and times!

I really want to meet the new babies so hopefully nothing will get in my way, unless the little one decides to come :)

See you all soon!!!

Pau xxxx

Maybe we could stick to Tues as I remember this was good for most but meet earlier, say 11.30ish?

I imagine those with newbies might find it hard to meet any earlier 'cos it can be hard just getting them out of the house in the early days :O)

We could stick to Green and Blue tomorrow and then discuss new places when we meet up??

xx