The old Waitrose nugget is back to haunt us!

Louisa

Louisa Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Greetings one and all. I have just been having a

> sneaky look on the Sydenham Town forum and

> apparantly Waitrose are in formal negotiations in

> that area to open up a smaller 'compact format'

> store.

can u have another sneaky look on that forum and see if the are plans to open a Nandos too? (6)

Anyway, back to a calmer more rational post, does anyone know if this sort of community 'rivalry' is a new phenomena (for these times)?

Do people have discussions like this on this forum or just like to make acerbic comments about other areas and people to make themselves feel better? Sorry guys but it just oozes anger, or maybe it's fear, maybe not of Sydenham, just life itself. Can't put my finger on it, but it's worrying....

If it follows the natural order of things 'ArtVandely' then expect a chav temple to all that is gaudy/poor quality 'Nando's' to open in Lesser Dulwich tout de suite. I'd imagine you'll all be somehwat cook-a-hoop.

Peasants.

Although there's one in Camberwell I hear? 'Tis but a short 176 ride for you Lesser Dulwichites?! I'd suggest the train but we all know how phenomenally poor the rail connections are for you lot down there....

We, meanwhile, shall content ourselves with our soon-to-be Waitrose AND our M&S Simply Food...oh woe are we!!??

Can we have your Iceland?:))

Wasn't there another thread a while back where some posters from SE4 piled in to defend dear old 'Brockers'?

This sort of community 'rivalry' is not a phenomenon at all - I think it only manifests itself in discussions like this on internet forums (when we should all really be working, but hey, WTF)

I've lived in ED for a few years. I like some of the shops, pubs, restaurants etc, and not others. Over the last few years, for my tastes at least, most of the changes in the amenities on offer have been positive (although still an inexplicable no. of gift shop type places - I mean really, who buys this stuff?). And it's a nice place for a family with young kids, largely because there are so many of them (but don't go to Le Chandelier where, allegedly, the child catcher hangs out).

But that's it. Am I in some sort of ED gang where I have to boast about the fact that we have Oliver Bonas (as if) and do down other surrounding neighbourhoods (Sydders, Brockers....Peckers)? No. Because that would be the saddest thing in the world. Ever.

darcy, ignoring for a moment what Jah said (although he makes a very valid point), "anger"? Really?

Have you ever been on an internet forum before? Are you familiar with the concept of banter? Or trolling?

Internet etiquette dictates that you should get to know the ways before barging in. I put it to you that you are rather in need of help from the National Campaign for Courtesy.

No one's angry with you, they just think you're a bit of a bumptious tit (and you probably wear red corduroys).

Can I also say, that my comment about houses, was in no way meant to give off any notions of superiortiy, it was just to say, that while Lordship Lane is a great high street now, the roads I have seen off it are a real mix.

It's not exactly Chiswick or Muswell Hill (from my limited recent knowledge of these areas but they tend to be an aspiration)and in reality the high street itself has much of what we have on ours, greasy spoons and shops selling towers of plastic boxes (I am sure I saw one recently) too.

Sydenham is far from being anything like the areas I mention above too, but there are just some pockets which can give you a pleasant surprise, others are Hall Drive and some roads surrounding it or Jews Walk.

And from what I have seen on this forum ED has problems too, and making assumptions about Syd, Sydders or Sydenham, whatever, because of its high street is a mistake.

What Rosie said.

It's best to get to know a forum community a little bit before wading in in your hob-nailed boots.

I don't see any anger on this thread Darcy. This is just how we are. We like to kick things around a bit. Some of us have a code of never saying something on the forum that we wouldn't say to someone face to face. Sometimes we have whole days of everyone agreeing with each other and it's very dull. If you think we're an angry group of people then you should make the effort to visit us down in the hood at the next Forum Drinks - Friday 3rd September at the Crystal Palace Tavern, Crystal Palace Road.

darcy my dear, it most certainly is better. What giggirl said - come down to the CPT and I'll buy you a pint.

(and probably no one thinks you wear red cords, that mental image is entirely my own)

For the record, if money were no object, I might still live here, or maybe in East London or Marylebone, but not Chiswick, never Chiswick. Nor Putney neither, though by your smiling you seem to say so...

Listen Darcy, do you have any idea of any one in Sid who might require a bit of cleaning done?

Light hoovering and dusting; both kinds wet and dry.

I have my own cleaning formula, involving bicarb and vinegar, all ingredients are guaranteed ethically stolen.

Times are hard down here and I'm already worried about Christmas.

Jah Lush Wrote:

> SalubriousSyddersin Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

>

> > Can we have your Iceland?:))

>

> Only if you @#$%& off back to Sydenham

I'm not entirely sure 'Dear Peasant' that there's the demand for an Iceland in Sydders that there evidently is in Lesser Dulwich??!! The white working-class/BME chavs of Lesser Dulwich love a good Iceland Turkey Twizzler! And there're only 4 astericks required in f**k off; you thick pleb

Such anger in one so young and insignificant! You have my pity.

If only you'd paid more heed in lessons you wouldn't be so anti the world. It's not the world's fault you've amounted to nothing...

As always, dismissed, C2DEs...this is why you live in Lesser Dulwich.

Poor you (literally and metaphorically)!

SS

SalubriousSyddersin Wrote:

> If it follows the natural order of things

> 'ArtVandely' then expect a chav temple to all that

> is gaudy/poor quality 'Nando's' to open in Lesser

> Dulwich tout de suite. I'd imagine you'll all be

> somehwat cook-a-hoop.

>

> Peasants.

>

> Although there's one in Camberwell I hear? 'Tis

> but a short 176 ride for you Lesser Dulwichites?!

> I'd suggest the train but we all know how

> phenomenally poor the rail connections are for you

> lot down there....

SS you seem to know a lot about ED, did you live here before you upgraded to 'Sydders'? Or is all your local knowledge taken from this forum?

Is the 'Sydders' forum a good one too?

> We, meanwhile, shall content ourselves with our

> soon-to-be Waitrose AND our M&S Simply Food...oh

> woe are we!!??

>

> Can we have your Iceland?:))

Oh what a shame you mean you don't have an Iceland? My oh my :)

SalubriousSyddersin Wrote:

> Jah Lush Wrote:

> -----

> > SalubriousSyddersin Wrote:

And there're only 4

> astericks required in f**k off; you thick pleb

Ahh SS, if only you'd paid more heed in lessons you'd know both how to spell "asterisk" and how to use a semi-colon.

RosieH Wrote:

> -----

> > Jah Lush Wrote:

> >

>

> > -----

> > > SalubriousSyddersin Wrote:

> And there're only 4

> > astericks required in f**k off; you thick pleb

>

> Ahh SS, if only you'd paid more heed in lessons

> you'd know both how to spell "asterisk" and how to

> use a semi-colon.

Do you think I'd also have learnt how to spell the somewhat basic 'aah'?

Or should I content myself with sesquipedalian? You may look it up!

Dismissed. Bless!

SS

Don't they sell turkey twizzlers in waitrose or M &S?

What are these waitrose nuggets the thread title refers to anyway?

Ps. HonaloochieB, some light dusting duties and plant watering vacancies coming up in the autumn if you're interested? Do let me know.

RosieH Wrote:

> -----

> > Jah Lush Wrote:

> >

>

> > -----

> > > SalubriousSyddersin Wrote:

> And there're only 4