The old Waitrose nugget is back to haunt us!

Louisa

Yes to be honest I don't understand the point of the thread. Is there a point? I mean, who really cares?

I would welcome a Waitrose because I think they are kinder to the suppliers and a more ethical company to deal with. For the same reason, I'm not so keen on M&S. That said, I think the Co-op has a good reputation with suppliers. So I'm kinda happy then.

Is Louisa trying to make a point because I'm not getting it and to be honest I'm bored with all mention of Waitrose on the forum. Waitrose is the new Foxtons.

RosieH Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Keef Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > At least Louisa is fun.

>

>

> Ooooh, 'ark at 'er. You just come out with me

> Keef, I'll show you "fun".

Ha

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

> Louisa trolling again. But if she could stop

> being so smug and actually show how any individual

> has changed from pro waitrose to "bothered" I

> might pay more attention.

Sean it's exactly this sort of response that has forced so many regular ED forumites to abandom posting on here anymore! Keef, as you rightly point out, it is a bit of fun.. and as you are more aware than probably anyone else, a large contingent of people on here were singing the praises of Waitrose setting up shop around here, smugly grinning away like a Cheshire cat as if ED had bagged the first SE London Waitrose long before any evidence of them opening up around here even existed! And now that Sydenham looks as though it is in line for a store all of this lot on here either pass off what I say as nonsense, (apparantly there never was some sort of embargo to get a store setup around here... look back at the old threads my friends and you'll see otherwise) or they dismiss me as "trolling again".

As for you giggirl, i've told you what the "point" of this thread is all about, clearly you cannot understand or choose not to if you fail to understand the point of my threads, I dont really understand the point in your response to be fair! Anyway, I wont bother talking to you about this anymore.. it's boring me!

Louisa.

Ach Louisa, I do know what you mean - people on here have been slightly pant-wettingly excited about Waitrose in the past - I'm just not sure where the volte face has come in (same people? surely not Brendan???)

Anyway, I AM fun - come and have a Baileys with me at my desk.

So we've established that Beckenham has a Waitrose AND a Nandos AND a brilliant spa/pool. And let's not forget the art deco Odeon on the roundabout. When you think about it we haven't got that much to shout about. But we have the forum though - that's ours.

Brendan - you don't know an uncomfortable seat if you think Beckenham is bad. For an extra ?2 you can upgrade to a super dooper seat with room for your popcorn and your feet can't even touch the seat in front (OK I guess yours could). Plus, did I mention that there's a Nandos over the road?

Louisa Wrote:

>

>

> Sean it's exactly this sort of response that has

> forced so many regular ED forumites to abandom

> posting on here anymore! Keef, as you rightly

> point out, it is a bit of fun.. and as you are

> more aware than probably anyone else, a large

> contingent of people on here were singing the

> praises of Waitrose setting up shop around here,

> smugly grinning away like a Cheshire cat as if ED

> had bagged the first SE London Waitrose long

> before any evidence of them opening up around here

> even existed! And now that Sydenham looks as

> though it is in line for a store all of this lot

> on here either pass off what I say as nonsense,

> (apparantly there never was some sort of embargo

> to get a store setup around here... look back at

> the old threads my friends and you'll see

> otherwise) or they dismiss me as "trolling again".

>

Or of course Lolly, go through the thread and replace 'Waitrose' with 'waitress', link it with the 'Le Piaf' thread and see what happens when those two worlds collide.

Us scientists have done some cyphering and we reckon it'll top up with a GAP on Goose Green, and we're not even lying.

Brendan Wrote:

> Only the English could bring social climbing into

> supermarkets. I?m not sure if it?s charmingly

> idiosyncratic or just very sad.

Yeah, you know why that is Brendan - cos we've got the GOOD food worth arguing over, innit.

louisa you have never changed your tune. whether i agree with it or not i don't care but you are a returning breath of fresh air and it's true, people were wetting themselves over a waitrose, i still wouldn't mind one but who cares? as for the forum being an asset...i'm prouder of the adventure bar.

RosieH Wrote:

> Keef Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > At least Louisa is fun.

>

>

> Ooooh, 'ark at 'er. You just come out with me

> Keef, I'll show you "fun".

What about me Rosie?...