Cannabis

Tarot

For me it's simple. Can't get any sense out of a person that is drunk or stoned...but most people who drink may get drunk once a week or less. Most people who smoke cannabis do it far more than that, every day in many cases and remain in a permanent state of fog. Each to their own but I personally have no time for them or their delusions that 'there's no harm to themselves or others in it'.

That's a huge generalisation about people who smoke cannabis DJKQ and complete and utter bollocks. I think younger people smoke more, I know I certainly did. Young people binge drink and I suppose you could call what your alluding to binge smoking and that's just silly.

I like an occasional spliff sometimes when I get in from work especially if I'm feeling a bit stressed out to help me relax but that's about it. I don't need any more. It works for me.

DJKillaQueen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> but most people

> who drink may get drunk once a week or less. Most

> people who smoke cannabis do it far more than

> that, every day in many cases and remain in a

> permanent state of fog.

That's just nonsense. The truth is that most people who smoke weed do so only once in a while. Normally a lot less frequently than they have a drink.

You get a few dedicated stoners just as you do dipsomaniacs but the truth is that when it comes down to proper physical addiction due to excessive use weed is a walk in the park compared to what booze does to people.

Yes DJKQ, do you have any evidence to back up your assertion? Gut reaction suggests it's completely false, but I don't know the statistics, so can't back that up.

I enjoy a smoke, but I don't remotely do it every day (or every week) and nor does a single other person I know who enjoys it too. I drink an awful lot more than I've ever taken cannabis, same for all my mates.

Indeed. Alcoholism. I came pretty close to that when I was younger. I was probably a classic binge drinker and I had acute pancreatitis eight times between 28 and 35 due to my excessive drinking. Never got ill on drugs though. Hmmm... think I might skin one up. Nah! maybe tomorrow.

*Bob* Wrote:

> In all honesty, I don't trust people who don't

> drink, smoke or do drugs.

---------------------------------------------------------

^that there is just GOLD

I'm with you *BOB* :)

HAL9000 Wrote:

> Too right. One would think it would be easy around

> here but I guess I haven't been moving in the

> right circles.

Maybe you need to stop moving in circles and stop chasing your tail Hal.

Jah Lush Wrote:

> Cannabis is not a gateway drug. That's just old

> tabloid bullshit.

Sorry Jah, but having worked with heroin users for the last 15 years I can safely say that cannabis is very, very often a gateway drug and still is.

Crack more so now, but traditionally, good old weed is the one.

Narnia Wrote:

> 2010-2006=4

>

> You forget simple maths. That could be fatal for a computer.

Quite right - it just seems like six years. Excuse me while I reboot - Ahhhhh! That's better.

ratty, I'd be interested to know how gateway drug is defined - of course, I know what it is generally - but it seems to me a no-brainer that anyone taking class As will have started on the softer stuff.

I had a drink before I had a cigarette, I had a cigarette before I had speed, I had speed before I had ecstacy, and only then did I have a spliff. Acid and mushrooms were in there somewhere but I can't remember what order. Which was gateway to which - taboo and lemonade the gateway to ecstacy?

Rather than tedious drug braggadocio, this is meant to suggest that maybe there's an element of post hoc ergo propter hoc about cannabis being a gateway drug. Of course you start on the softer stuff - but is cannabis the reason you take heroin, or merely the natural chronology of youthful experimentation?

RosieH Wrote:

> ratty, I'd be interested to know how gateway drug

> is defined -

I think it?s a bit how cider is the entry level alcohol. Now these days since I?ve got big I still enjoy a cider once in a while but to be honest I can pretty much take it or leave it. Try to take my beer, wine or whiskey away from me though and I?ll fucking cut ya mofo!