What does Lordship Lane Really Need?

fish

Some ace ideas on here - would that any of us had the gumption to attempt it

Keef - I'm dead jealous you played the Grand, but good insight

On the live music tip, The Hob (opposite Forest Hill station) where ED Comedy resides is undergoing a refurb to proper "theatre" spec..but they are avid music fans and have music downstairs at the mo - I wonder if they will open up the theatre to bands as well?

I definitely think a second hand bookshop with armchairs would make LL perfect and a Dylan Moran type in there would also be a bonus.

Brixton is close by for clubs etc although taxi's are expensive even though it is, what 3 miles? This friday after drinks with ED forum me and me fella are heading to "jerk" at the whitehorse in brixton if anyone fancies it we can all share taxi's back to ED and be home in ten minutes as opposed the over an hour on a night bus from the centre.

Re the cinema idea: about five years ago I got in touch with the Picture House company and told them all about E Dulwich and why I thought it would be a good place for a branch of their 'chain'. They wrote back telling me they thought it might work but there were no venues, if I remember correctly. If anyone knows the Hyde Park cinema in Leeds, then that is precisely the kind of place that would work, but I don't know where it would go in SE22. Nero

• 8 years later...

Nero Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Re the cinema idea: about five years ago I got in

> touch with the Picture House company and told them

> all about E Dulwich and why I thought it would be

> a good place for a branch of their 'chain'. They

> wrote back telling me they thought it might work

> but there were no venues, if I remember correctly.

> If anyone knows the Hyde Park cinema in Leeds,

> then that is precisely the kind of place that

> would work, but I don't know where it would go in

> SE22. Nero

Nero vanished 5 years later. When did the cinema open? His last post suggests he may have been got at or did he just flee?

Oh dear. Oh deary deary me. What is the world coming to. Obviously LL needs an adult education centre as gaol is the correct spelling rather than the American jail. I quite like the varient once used of gayhole.

Some Irish chap wrote a wonderful poem calld the Ballad of Reading Gayhole at the end of the 19th century. Sorry I am getting a bit childish now.

Apparently there is no strict convention of either spellings.

red devil Wrote:

> With the recent spike in supermarket theft, we

> obviously need a jail, although in line with

> Hipster chic it would obviously have to be named

> Gaol. Instead of doing stir, the inmates would be

> doing pesto porridge...grapes optional

Reinstate the old stocks in the village (plaque beside the bookshop). Pelting with rotten fruit would be poetic justice.

malumbu Wrote:

> Oh dear. Oh deary deary me. What is the world

> coming to. Obviously LL needs an adult education

> centre as gaol is the correct spelling rather than

> the American jail. I quite like the varient once

> used of gayhole.

>

> Some Irish chap wrote a wonderful poem calld the

> Ballad of Reading Gayhole at the end of the 19th

> century. Sorry I am getting a bit childish now.

>

> Apparently there is no strict convention of either

> spellings.

correct spellings you want now, sorry,

Faerie Lights it is then