best pub in East Dulwich for watching football

bailey

I also go to the Vale for the same reasons as Lady Gooner - not bad for footy I must say! Also, in it's defence there is a new chef (again) and the food is pretty good too!

I know it's not popular to like the Vale but for footy shants and scran it is not bad!

You know it makes sense Anna!!! :)-D

I've watched one match in The Vile, and it was fine to be honest, it's just the evenings I hate it, when rumpelstiltskin tries throwing his weight around! For that reason I just don't like giving them my money.

Magdala's the best bet.

The Forresters Arms used to be the best pub for football by a mile. Seen a few world cup games in there while people in pink shirts were still queueing to get into the EDT. But for rugby the EDT is probably a better bet.

I go to the Magdala, though their projector could do with upgrading to a brighter one or they should sort the lighting/blinds out in there.

Always a pretty good crowd in there, and we (Liverpool) always seem to do well when I watch them in there, unless we are playing Chelsea then I have to endure the walk of shame to 'Baad Lark Warnger' from the piggy eyed mockney lifetime fan since 2004 food chain bottoming knuckle scrapers.

Magdala is too far! Have they got a proper big screen or just the one at the front, I can't remember. If my missus is considerate enough not to give borth tomorrow I am gonna try and get to the boozer for Mighty Pompey Vs Inferior Scousers! Might try the Mag!

The Mag has a big screen and several stratigically placed TVs around the pub and behind the bar. It's probably the one I use most for football but it can get awful crowded in there for big games. The CPT is great if you can get a seat at the bar and watch it on the telly above the door. Other times I'll use the EDT which is also pretty good too

I used to go to the mag to watch sport but I do agree that its to busy and a little hostile at times. So now I just go to the Canning instead. Great atmosphere, New LCD TV OK! top service and a great manager........ Did I mention I work there?

However, on certain occasions I do go to the EDT. Can I just say that I admire the Bishops stance on live sport. It doesn?t appeal to me but I can see that some would be thankful for it. Well-done Scot.

HeHe! ;-) Up the Saints

Actually to be honest I think you are right - it should be a very tight game. I may even watch it myself. I am on cable and have hired Sky Sports for the next month or so as there a a few matches on Sky I want to watch (including tomorrow). I used to go to the Ivy House but tend to dip in and out of Sky now. Thats the beauty of cable - you can subscribe to sports for as long as you like (so long as the first month is a full month) so you can ditch it again after a couple of months and resubscribe a few months later.