Just a little venting......... share if you relate

I'd been resisting the temptation to post on this thread because I have to admit that Mr D is much more hands on and understanding than he was during R's first 6 months but he's just come home from work saying there may not be much under the tree for me this year because he works a ten hour day...and there's been a lot of snow. I don't care about the presents of course but am seeeeeeeeeething at the implications of "I'm working ten hours a day"... What the f"*k do you think I'm doing all day?! I work 32hrs a week in paid employment and the rest of the time am dropping off/picking R up, cooking, tesco online shop, blah de bloody blah and Grrrrrrrrrrr. So thanks for recognising the need to vent fellow family room forumites.

ruth, that was a lovely post.

a couple of times recently my husband has actually ranted about having no clean socks. initially i thought he was joking, but no, it was for real. i put this down to moments of madness on his part as he's actually also very unexpectedly decided to be a SAHD :)) - still, it was very disturbing at the time. the impact on us of having children has however made me think about how i want to bring up my 2.5 year old son, and i have in recent months been teaching him to put away his dirty dishes, wipe down his table and generally tidy up after himself. it's a hard slog as i think my boy is an alpha male at heart, but i genuinely already feel an enormous duty to the future mother of his children so will not let him off the hook. Poor chap.

Marcus wrote:-

the impact on us of having children has however made me think about how i want to bring up my 2.5 year old son, and i have in recent months been teaching him to put away his dirty dishes, wipe down his table and generally tidy up after himself. it's a hard slog as i think my boy is an alpha male at heart, but i genuinely already feel an enormous duty to the future mother of his children so will not let him off the hook. Poor chap.

Some might interpret this as you being too lazy to look after him, after all he's only 2.5 and he's given a hard time,

this type of training doesn't usually start until they are at school. Poor chap indeed!

Keef Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> BB, I get what you're saying-but is there really

> any need to be leary about it? Equally, I think

> people correcting people on spelling or grammar,

> need to have a word with themselves.

Ok Keef, have had word with self and agree - am a bit ashamed of myself now. That was petty and I apologise. Your sour-puss tone & attitude just gets to me BB and I responded inappropriately. Sorry.

Edited to say; will go and kick heels behind the bike shed for a bit now. Got any choccy biscuits left Molly?

Dickensman Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Marcus wrote:-

> the impact on us of having children has however

> made me think about how i want to bring up my 2.5

> year old son, and i have in recent months been

> teaching him to put away his dirty dishes, wipe

> down his table and generally tidy up after

> himself. it's a hard slog as i think my boy is an

> alpha male at heart, but i genuinely already feel

> an enormous duty to the future mother of his

> children so will not let him off the hook. Poor

> chap.

>

>

> Some might interpret this as you being too lazy to

> look after him, after all he's only 2.5 and he's

> given a hard time,

>

> this type of training doesn't usually start until

> they are at school. Poor chap indeed!

What a thoroughly unpleasant and judgemental post. I've seen plenty of two year olds being given a little guidance in tidying up after themselves and I think it is excellent for children to be encouraged to do things for themselves and to take responsibility in a small way, rather than leaving it for teachers to try and discipline them at a later stage.

omg - i thought that post was a joke! completely agree MM (and of course marcus)

rant: it's nothing to do with being a bread winner etc - men aren't stepping up cos they just think it's woman's work... we can only change this by bringing up our sons in a way that stops them making these assumptions in later life

anyway - i'm loving this thread too :)

i thought it was i joke too (i wrote the marcus post)?! Dickensman you're obviously getting a bit carried away with the whole oliver twist thing. i'm talking about a couple of dishes and his toys at the end of the day. i'm hardly lording it up on the sofa while he runs around buffing the house.