Summer babies club (due June, July, August 2011)

HI all, I am due my second on the 18th august. I keep missing meet ups and would love to come on the 25th too. Mums4u I know how you feel, I agree it does feel much harder, I am sooo tired & hormonal, I feel huge and I cant remember feeling this uncomfortable last time (but my husband assures me I was!) x

It's my last day in my office job on 25th so I won't be able to make this unfortunately as I'm going for a drink postwork to say goodbye (I'm only freelance so probably won't be back!). I'm working from home in June and would love to join in with any summer babies activities from then on! My baby is due 3 July.

If anyone needs any Pilates/exercise related advice or tips in the meantime feel free to drop me a line. As my third trimester progresses I am finding Pilates and yoga (and swimming...and still cycling short journeys although definitely getting odd looks and feeling a bit more breathless now with only 6 weeks to go!) to be an amazing help in terms of alleviating aches and pains and giving me some relaxy time to focus on bub.

x

Anya; I find cycling easier than walking nowadays! I'm 34wks now and some of the looks and comments I got cycling to/from Nunhead were either hilarious or offensive. My husband blogs about cycling and is going to do a post about cycling in pregnancy, complete with photos of me on my old banger of a bike.

Wednesday; I can only make it from 7:30 really- bedtime routine/husband returning permitting.

Wherabouts are we meeting?

Me too, cycling so much easier than walking, less strain on the pelvis and just much easier to get places in relaxed way without too much effort, which must be better for baby if I'm not getting cramps and braxton hicks! I stopped into Oliver bonas this afternoon (to buy some expensive but lovely pregnancy stretch mark cream, oh dear) and was carrying my cycling helmet, woman asked me if I should still be cycling. Everyone has an opinion!

Have fun on weds eve wish I could make it too.

Hi Ladies

At the risk of hijacking this thread again, I'm posting to see if anyone's interested in having some free pregnancy pics done. A forumite posted in the spring babies club about a hobby-photographer who was looking for pregnant women to photograph for his Royal Photographic Society portfolio. It sounded interesting so I got in touch with him and had a couple of sessions done. I should warn you that the photos are mostly done nude, but not exclusively so. I came out with some lovely images that I didn't have to pay anything for (apart from losing my dignity!). He is very nice chap who is professional and discrete. His wife is in the house while the photos are being taken, and Mr Yak came along at the start to check that nothing dodgy was going on.

He's looking for more models so if you are interested, PM me and I'll pass on your details. I'd be happy to email you a picture of me or provide more details if you'd like before making contact with him.

Apologies for the hijack, and best of luck with the rest of your pregnancies.

Hi

I am due in 3 weeks and would love to meet some local mums to be. I am not sure if it would be ok if I could meet you all this evening as I am free. I am really suffering with my hip at the moment and not sure if anyone can recommend a good local physiotherapist. I went to see a physiotherapist under the NHS at Chelsea and Westminster hospital and all they did was give me crutches and said there is not much they could do till I deliver. However, no treatment was offered and I refuse to use the crutches. Any recommendations?

sarahshah

A few of us are meeting tomorrow night at 7:30 in The Gowlett for drinks and pizza. You're more than welcome to join us, as is anyone else who's free.

Re your hips, I have been having problems with mine too. I'm lucky enought to have access to an osteopath at work who has been really helpful with this and my aching back. In addition to his massage (which is in no way relaxing and quite uncomfortable) he has given me some stretches to do at home and told me to ice my hips with bags of peas at least twice a day.

The stretch I do is a good old fashioned glut stretch, the one where you cross one leg over the other kind of like this. I have adapted it so I do it sitting upright in a chair. I'm 33 weeks and it's still possible for me to do this - not sure how practical it would be for you.

Sarahshah; I feel for you. My hips are in agony and the only thing that helps me is swimming/cycling- not for everyone, I'm sure, and probably not the BEST time to take them up- I was lucky in that I swam 4-5xa week pre pregnancy anyway (used to dive for my county as a teen, get me!) and I cycled everywhere anyway.

I have also been offered some physio by my MW, which I will be having post-natally, I think. If made a post on here asking for good physio's, you'd probably be inundated with details; so maybe worth a shot?

Hi

thank you both so much for the advice... to be honest I am counting days down now as I am having an elective Csec after a terrible first emerg csec with my first one... I also think the hips have got worse with having my 17 month girl around although I am really careful with lifting her now.

I will try the stretches and certainly ice pack might work... I have been wearing the mat belt now continously for 3 weeks when walking around which definetly helps.... swimming sounds like a good idea and I actually used to go loads during my first pregnancy but somehow have not during this one but will give it a go.

Thanks again and hopefully see you tommorrow, xx

Morning all,

Just a quick note for all those able to join at the Gowlett tonight - my husband was there last night and they are CASH ONLY at the moment so we all need to remember to visit the cash point today (although I'm sure most people are far more organised than me and don't live on Switch!)

Hannah x

Hi ladies,

Great to be back after so long. Finally finished with the moving and packing and did not have internet for almost a month. Did come for the Peckham Rye meet but slightly late and guessed all must have gone to the pub as I was with my daughter, thought it would be cruel to take her away from the Park and was not sure if the pub has outside space. I was hoping to come out tonight but had a muscle pull in one leg earlier today and I can still feel it. Have a lovely time all. And hope to see you all soon.

Hello All,

Hope its ok if I gatecrash from the Autumn group? My baby is due 5th Sept and I may well be closer in due date to many of you here in the end. I've found reading your posts really helpful and hope to drop by one of the meet-ups soon. All the best and thanks for letting me hover between the two groups! Elizabeth

Do join the fray Elizabeth!

I found it really nice talking to everyone on Wednesday, you learn so many things from talking to other pregnant ladies. Especially Sarah who has already had a baby, so has lots of experience to share (whilst kindly refraining from sharing the horrors with us for now :)

I will be racing back to The Gowlett for their pizza, it was lovely. Only, you need to order the second you arrive, as there's quite a wait for them...

I thought eating a whole pizza that late would result in a sleepless night of heartburn, so I was dead pleased to awaken at 8am after sleeping like a log all night. That hasn't happened in ages. Hurray!

Hi Elizabeth - you're due a week after me so I can keep you company at the back of the queue and like you have been lurking between both groups :-S

I've not managed to make any of the meets so far but have started to cut down my days at work now (no more full weeks for me!!) and will have more time and energy to join you.

I've got wednesdays off from week after next and will be going to the morning yoga class at the dulwich therapy rooms (i'm a bit late starting at 28 weeks...) anyone else go to that class?

Sorry I have been MIA lately and missed the last 2 get together! Hope you are all doing well and getting excited of what is to come!

I had my last 'proper' day at work, am off for half term and then back for a week but will be in and out due to a few appointments. Had a scare on Tuesday, had to go to hospital and blood pressure was sky high but blood works came out fine so hopefully it a one-off,probably my body reminding me to slow down!

I am pretty much around next week if anyone fancy a walk in the park and a cuppa let me know.

Hi all,

Was really lovely to meet some future mum's and an experienced mum - Sarah - last Wednesday evening. Was really great to natter adn share 9and eat pizza!)

Any news from Face/Claudine? I think she was being induced on Saturday?

I'll definitely be up for a bit of park strolling and coffee action from 16th June if anyone's on Maternity leave around then.

Hannah x

Hello,

Very dissapointed I missed The Gowlett. Sounds like I missed a good evening.

I would love to meet up next week - park if the weather is good, though from experience pinpointing a very specific meeting place in the park is a must... How about next Monday/Tuesday? Brockwell/East Dulwich/Peckham Rye all same distance away for me so relaxed about where, but dont know them particularly well, so can't pinpoint a spot I'm afraid.

Yes Claudine has good news, but won't say any more as I don't want to steal her thunder!

Axx

Aaah that's great! Looking forward to hearing Claudine's news from her when she's ready to get back online :))

I'll still be at work next week but totally up for meet-ups in a few weeks when mat leave starts (bring it on!)

Hannah x