Gaming room (It's a geeks paradise)

mockney piers

3G card won't really cut it for XBox Live. Tried it briefly, latency sucks.

I've recently got Sky at ?10 per month for the unlimited (on top of TV costs) & am happy with it. Speeds are a bit slower than I'd like, but that's down to my BT line. Most of the broadband providers will tell you what speed BT rates your line if you plug your number into their website. I haven't done enough throrough XBox testing with Sky yet, but hope to work on that. No problems yet.

Lady Onion got O2 just the other week for ?7.50 (on top of O2 phone). Works well & is faster than it's supposed to be. She's also just down the road from the exchange.

As for gaming, when are we going to get an ED game together?

paragon

Mockney and I have both been there of late - mine lasted 2 years so I'm not too bitter. Sending it back is only course of option (although with this weeks price cuts, you could get a new arcade back for ?140 which has HDMI out, a quieter fan/drive and allegedly more reliable) - just swap out the HD

Sorry to hear that paragon. As SMG says, we've been there

go here https://service.xbox.com/register.aspx

register your box and they'll email you a ups thingy to print off. Call up UPS and they'll collect it. You'll get it back fairly quickly as the rush has passed.

My motherboard blew up. Wet towel wasn't going to do much good.

Still, it was alomst 3 years old, so as it goes I've managed to squeeze another 2 years warranty out of the whole deal.

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> snorky

>

> What do you do when you've finished your games -

> trade em, keep em, swap em with forumites?

>

> Mockney - have you finished Bioshock yet? Or even

> got to THAT BIT?

Mine are all PC and Ive upgrated a standalone PC with decent graf card & tons of ram to run them properly - none of the xbox mullarkey for me

I usually swap them or give them away when ive finished - as I will be doing with the CoD4 as ive done it a few times now and am sick of fighting on the streets ot baghdad...

• 3 weeks later...

ooh I didn't say I don't like it - I'm very much enjoying it. And because I have heard many people talk about the climax being so good I will be finishing it...

But the review above is hilarious (he destroys other games I like too - but in a witty and stylish way)

The length and clunkiness of the dialogue CAN be a bit trying tho' can't it?

I know I'm a bit behind the times but Bioshock has really spoilt me for other games now, Nothing else quite satisfies. Graphically Drakes Progress was marginally superior(Given its inside/outside locations)but the crummy puzzles and relentless waves of guntoting mercinaries took repetitiveness to new and scary levels and assasins creed is a shabby GTA rip off set in the time of the crusades. Like Kelly Brook, beautiful but dull, dull, dull. Has anyone started playing Condemned 2 yet? Any good? Or is it going to be a long unfulfilled wait until Bioshock 2?

bon3yard

Bioshock wasn't perfect and I found the combat very wanting compared to Halo for example - but I know what you mean. The execution of the denouement was something I haven't yet experienced in videogames and was a highlight of 2007 gaming for me

Now, would you KINDLY..........

The combat in a game has always been a distant second when compared to overall gamefeel and atmosphere(Tomb Raider had one of the worst combat modes in living memory but is still one of my all time greatest gaming memories due to its eerie solitude and proper head hurting puzzles)....I have to sheepishly admit that I've never played Halo.

THAT is a very good point. And something most of the sequels missed

As for Halo- as a mega-franchise U was already suspicious and came to it very very late. But it's inherent humour (I defy anyone to not enjoy the many many lines uttered by the covenant) and very very satisfying combat

Currently playing No more heroes for Wii, which is an enjoyable is weird game. Made by the same people, and very much in the style (as far as graphics and story go) of Killer7, but the game play is better because it's free roaming, and you get to drive a motorbike around!

Has fun little side missions, and great dark humour! Finally making me glad I took the plunge and got the Wii.

Killer 7! One of the strangest games I've ever played. That spooky manic laughter used to shit me right up. It was almost too cool for school geezer! You're fucked. I loved the little deaf kid with the Speedy Gonzales complex who could wield those cannons too surprising devastation.

It was indeed very very odd, particularly when you usd to meet the ghosts (girl's head in various drawers and things). I have wondered if No More Heroes will turn out to be a prequel of some sort, simply because your character is called Travis, and that was the name of the ghost in Killer7.

If you enjoyed K7, i would seriously recommend giving NMH a go.

Does anyone recall a computer game that was around about 15 years ago: it consisted of one flying a paper plane into different rooms and picking up paperclips for ammunition. Each room had challenges - sometimes it would be completely dark and one had to find the light switch first, etc.

I can't remember what it was called but I do remember wasting many happy hours on it. I'd love to find it again.