East Dulwich Schools

I'm not trying to identify anyone. I am just genuinely wondering why you are ranting like this on this Forum. What do you hope to achieve? The Goodrich parents have the opportunity to make themselves heard through the appropriate channels. You may feel better getting this off your chest in public but with posts such as yours there is a danger of this all tipping over into witch-hunting territory, which will simply do more harm than good. And to say that Goodrich is primarily a middle class school is *absurd*. It is a very mixed school. But anyway, I find it hard to take your posts seriously when you suggest I might find police knocking at my door for daring to go to the Governors meeting!

Re Goodrich, this is from Ofsted:

"The proportion of pupils eligible for free school meals is below average.... The proportion of pupils identified as having learning difficulties (mainly speech and language difficulties and dyslexia) is lower than average, as is the proportion of pupils with a statement of educational need."

Thank you Emily for reminding me about "'invitation' (pictures of Playmobil people!)".

I saw this and have looked at it again and I am still not perverted enough to see the threat.

I see it as depicting a childrens' game 'The Farmer's in his Den', the farmer's got a dog, the farmer's got a friend etc etc. A not unexpected playscene to advertise an event at a Primary school.

Did the paranoiac person who complained think that they were the one in the middle being threatened?

If someone does feel as though they are the one in the middle being threatened what reason do they have for perverting something into what it seems was not?

Tony Rabbit, you seem to be familiar with an invitation displaying ' Playmobil' characters that most of us are not familiar with ( the invitation that is). Your original post also suggests you are genuinely curious about the performance of local schools. How did you get the 'Playmobil' designed invitation. Was this an open parent governor meeting at the school?

Did other forum members know about this meeting? Tony Rabbit seemed to.

It's just all a bit odd.

As an outsider from Goodrich school, I would not put too much faith on the value added. As Fuchia very correctly stated, the contextual value is a better indication of true progress. I hate to say this but it's almost like saying the 'value added' is great because KS1 was so poor and it shouldn't have been.

I'm not a teacher but have children at the other end of the educational spectrum, ( years 10 and 12). One thing I know for sure is that I want my teachers to get the best out of my children and this has mostly been achieved; I actually steered my son's GCSE choices in a couple of his options purely on my perceived aptitude of the teachers in those particular subjects. So far it's payed off.

However I understand entirely concerns of any parent who thinks the teaching is not as it should be. Tony Rabbit I don't blame you for you original query but if you are a parent please say so! If your not I apologise.

Let's hope all our children get the education they deserve. I want all our local schools to be good or outstanding.

Yes Emily, so he is a parent?

You say he was 'Up around the school'. I'm sorry but that doesn't really make sense. The letter went out to parents you say, so he must be a parent. Not a problem , it's just that he didn't admit that in his original post, if that's the case.