Dog Crap

We have a problem with some owners allowing dogs to pooh and not clearing up after them in Jennings Rd - the council recently put the bag it and bin it yellow stencils and, naturally, it didn't stop the problem and is probably worse with other dogs leaving their deposits! Foxes are a problem but that can't be stopped - just cleared up.

It seems ED is a bad area with dog owners not caring and it seems with no enforcement, this costs and in a time of cut backs we probably have to take action ourselves.

Someone has put signs up in our road telling dog owners to clear their mess and warning that people are watching out for them - lets hope that resident action groups may have some effect.

Fenwick road, possibly number 21, brown and white bull terrier came out off lead followed by man. Bull terrier did big poo on tree growing out of pavement. Already a lot of poo there, probably regular crapping place for him. Man walked on. Dog skipped after him. Me I said nothing. Sorry. I'm a coward. He didnt look like he'd give a sh** anyway

saw a poster on a lamp post in beckenham which said something along the lines of "Parents Against Poo. You are responsible for your dog pooing. Would you like it if children pooed on the street. Clear it up". Not written ver batim but definitely impactful.

nancysmum, I think you may be surprised to know that a proportion of non-pick-up offenders are mummies who also have dogs- I've witnessed this a few times.

Dog poo is anti social, it is another form of anti social behaviour. I've said this many times on this forum but it is one of many littering offences. I find dog poo offensive but I also intensely dislike broken glass- and there is plenty of that around too. Gum though less hazardous is very annoying. The chicken bones that litter the street are also a nuisance. Glass is hazardous to all, especially children. Gum and chicken bones are very dangerous for dogs and can kill them. I think there should be a crackdown on litter in general, not just one kind.

I do believe that the sort of person that walks away from any of the above is the same kind of person- antisocial.

It drives me mad on melbourne grove between chesterfield and ashborune grove there is ALWAYS dog pooh, I have seen a big golden labrador type dog on its own a couple of times in the morning when i take my son to nursery,so I'm guessing it lives along there somewhere and its allowed to go out and do it's business.

There is also a problem on Forest Hill Road and I have two dogs, and ALWAYS pick up, I find it both disgusting and embarrassing as I always worry people will think it is my dogs.

Very often I clean up other dogs poo, but somehow picking up another dogs cold poo turns my stomach, whereas I am unconcerned with warm family dog poo!(Further case of too much info, I know!)

This drives me crazy especially when I see so much of it close to Goodrich School where obviously small kids and prams are great targets! could the slack owners/walkers at least get their dogs to do it to the sides is that too much to ask rather than right in the middle of the pavement I am sure they wouldn't want it in their house on the carpet!

> What is your think !!!

You registered here, "Real Name: online logo design", on 31/03/2011 11:28. Your first post, made at 11:36 and now removed, was as a follow-up to an offer of a local taxi service http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?9,646767. It read:

"Owing to our domain expertise, we are engaged in providing airport car services. We have a large fleet of cars that are well maintained and also serviced on a regular basis in order to ensure quality and hassle free services to the clients. Our team of drivers is well trained and has good knowledge of all the routes that prevents the scope for any inconvenience. Our services are available at reasonable prices. Our Car Services provides our clients reliable, comfortable and timely pick up and drop services from IGI Delhi Airport. We provide these services with the consideration that our clients could reach their destinations in a hassle free manner."

Its text is very similar to that appearing in several online pages advertising Indian taxi firms: http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Owing+to+our+domain+expertise%2C+we+are+engaged+in+providing+airport+car+services&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8.

It has a spurious relation to the thread topic, but is of little relevance to it.

Both that 11:36 post and your 11:38 one above ended with a clickable link, labelled "online logo design", to a logo design business.

My think is that your primary purpose in posting on this board was to advertise the business linked to as "online logo design".

More likely than not; though could you rule out the possibility of a human simulation of one? Certainly less stressful than replying to real posters though.

Actually, I'd been expecting Admin to pull the account, not just the taxi post.