parent and child spaces in sainsbury's car park

Yesterday there was a Organix tent set up that took up 3 (!) of the parent and child parking space. Not sure what they (Organix and Sainsbury) where thinking as it will have pissed many parents off that had to navigate with small children through that car park.

Michael and Loz,

If you have no interest in the Parent and Child parking in Sainsbury (which I can understand if you don?t have small children), may I suggest you don?t bother reading the thread (clue is in the title) or even make comments.

Why should she shop online? The parents and child parking are for Parents WITH child(ren), and the spaces are few as it is without some TENT taking up some space. And why does it put the riots in perspective? Does it mean life stops and people cannot discuss anything else.

Disgusted.

People should be more respectful of others and their opinions, no wonder the society has disintegrated

MMM if you don't mind not having bigger parking spaces to be at the front of the store and your only quibble is needing extra room why don't you just back towards the back anyway where most people avoid as you will have empty spaces next to you. Just a thought really, sometimes I park towards the back because I cannot be bothered to try and squeeze my car into a tiny space to be just that teeny weeny bit closer.

reneet Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Why should she shop online? The parents and child

> parking are for Parents WITH child(ren), and the

> spaces are few as it is without some TENT taking

> up some space. And why does it put the riots in

> perspective? Does it mean life stops and people

> cannot discuss anything else.

>

> Disgusted.

>

>

> People should be more respectful of others and

> their opinions, no wonder the society has

> disintegrated

Outstanding use of juxtaposition and irony. 10/10.

Dont know wether this is still the case, but in the dkh store if there are no parent/toddler your allowed to park in the disabled (just as close and wider then normal) and vice versa.

or they have bigger spaces at the back? comfort parking? spacious parking? the sign says something along those lines!

bookhopper Wrote:

> Dont know wether this is still the case, but in

> the dkh store if there are no parent/toddler your

> allowed to park in the disabled (just as close and

> wider then normal) and vice versa.

I can imagine disabled badges being able to use the P&C places, but I'd be appalled if the reverse was the case.

M.P. and Loz:

Perhaps, rather than complaining about someone posting whose mind is clearly not on the riots, you could allow normal life to continue/resume? She wasn't posting on the riot threads and your responses were ott, imo. Isn't the point that we want life to get back to normal asap?

Z

Loz Wrote:

> Go there now, Selma, and you can park wherever you

> damn well like.

A bit harsh, me thinks. There were also other non-riot related threads continuing elsewhere on the forum.

srisky Wrote:

> Loz Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Go there now, Selma, and you can park wherever

> you

> > damn well like.

>

>

> A bit harsh, me thinks. There were also other non-riot related threads continuing elsewhere on

> the forum.

On the other hand, complaining that someone put a tent up covering a few special spaces (given that the rest of a very big car park was also available to them) seemed to plumb new depths of triviality.

Loz:

If you don't like trivial perhaps you should not read threads entitled "parent and child spaces in sainsbury's car park" - to be blunt, you were damnably rude in your reply to her without justification.

*Thinks again*

Why on earth is this thread in the "General" section rather than "Family Discussion"?

Zaardvark Wrote:

> Loz:

> If you don't like trivial perhaps you should not read threads entitled "parent and child spaces in

> sainsbury's car park" - to be blunt, you were damnably rude in your reply to her without

> justification.

Commendable defence, but frankly her post was on par with the rather funny Ocado post elsewhere, but without the irony. Besides, the (long running) thread is interesting. It was an interesting debate on the validity of providing P&C places.

> *Thinks again*

>

> Why on earth is this thread in the "General"

> section rather than "Family Discussion"?

As I said, it was a good debate and deserved a wider audience. Having it the Family Room would just end up wallowing in justification via self-interest.

Loz Wrote:

> On the other hand, complaining that someone put a

> tent up covering a few special spaces (given that

> the rest of a very big car park was also available

> to them) seemed to plumb new depths of triviality.

I don't think anyone would disagree that this topic is relatively trivial, riot or no riot.

I think (hope)Selma would probably agree but perhaps she just wanted to vent - a good rant on the forum makes for a more peaceful homelife!

It's not as if it was posted under an inappropriate thread e.g. 'I am so annoyed, the riots have affected the number of parent/child parking spaces at Sainsbury's!'

The posts in the wanted section and the family classifieds are also relatively trivial. If you are not interested then don't read them. Simples.

(Edited first sentence, as I got confused with all the negatives, duh!)

I don't think people are arguing about parking spaces as much as they are about a sense of entitlement

"sense of entitlement" - really is the phrase of the times isn't it

I also read Loz's post as a slightly acidic but witty response to a non-problem. To get upset or get offended by it demonstrates a thinness of skin I would be alarmed about. "Damnably rude" just seems to be a disproportionate response

I have kids, don't generally use the parent & child spaces as they will walk beside me holding my hands - so I figure others need them more than me.

Was there this morning, and saw someone mention to a man (mid 50's) that he had just parked in a parent & child space. His response was that due to being overweight he needed to park closer to the entrance. I bit my tongue and resisted the urge to suggest that perhaps walking across the carpark may do him good...

I'd have no problem with the spaces being further away, for me it's purely that I need space to open the passenger door enough to be able to get my 10 month old out of her car seat and know that it won't get blocked in while I'm in the store. Half the time there isn't any space available and I do end up at the other end of the store.

I'm afraid even after 6 pages of this thread, I still don't understand why there is such a hoo-haa about the provision of these spaces and the mentality of those who park in them without children - what makes them so special to take something that isn't for them/why can't they respect those it is provided for?

Pickle Wrote:

> I have kids, don't generally use the parent &

> child spaces as they will walk beside me holding

> my hands - so I figure others need them more than

> me.

>

> Was there this morning, and saw someone mention to

> a man (mid 50's) that he had just parked in a

> parent & child space. His response was that due

> to being overweight he needed to park closer to

> the entrance. I bit my tongue and resisted the

> urge to suggest that perhaps walking across the

> carpark may do him good...

I would have bit my tongue as well, but would have memorised his car reg and mentioned it to customer services on the way in & have done that before (it had taken 2 runs round to find an end of aisle space to park in as all the P&C spaces were taken & mood prob wasn't helped by a v grumpy baby!).