The Barry Barry Road Race 2011: Date Announcement - Saturday 23rd of July

I would just like to give Marj's endorsement for the 2011 barry barry road race. Help ma boab has been "filling me in" on how it's a true, civic event. Let's all be careful out there...increasing phasers fae malkey tae jakey...CHARGE!!!!!

Greetings Sports Fans

Well the time is almost upon us, however there is still some time to fit in some last minute training. Myself and Help Ma Boab are currently in Eastbourne cramming in some sprint drinking training.

The weather is of course once again looking Barry and we should be in for a Full Tilt Boogie day of fun.

So ensure your lasers are on chare tonight and set them to Malky in the morning and we'll see ya at the starting line.

Gun goes off at 3, drinks orders need to be in by 2. We'll be in the Plough from 12. Run Safe

Barry Barry Bob

We got relagated.......check

I got hame from Eastbourne......check

Surfbobby.......missing in Eastbourne.....check

See you at the pivo line, where ever that is for you on your personal journey of the Barry Barry Road Race...check

Warm ups from noon...check

Gun goes aff at 3pm.....check...

It'll be Barry....ken.

One last time....check.

Lasers set tae....MALKY....CHARGE!

Severe chaffage from Purple Lycra bodysuit - Check!

A banging headache from a good afternoon/night drinking session - Check!

Worth it? - Double Check!

What's the BBRR Facebook page for the photos?

Many thanks once again.

Westie

kristymac1 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Well done everyone yesterday - great day and fab

> news about the cash for MS society.

> Photos on my facebook page photos BBRR(I couldn't

> upload to the Barry Barry roadrace fb page for

> some reason).

>

> Lemmy, you're my favourite..........

Can't see the pics unless you change your security settings.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Very happy to recommend Paul of Knight & Sons! I had a fitted kitchen installed recently, and he removed all the pieces of the old one. Not an especially easy job, as all the MDF had been sitting in my back garden and was getting waterlogged and crumbly. Plus the narrow access through my house added an extra burden! On top of all that his van had broken down, but he still came through with a vehicle and his mate Steve. Between them they completed the job in less than one hour, and even swept up the MDF debris off the street when they'd finished. I would add that he replied instantly to my initial call, gave me a fair quote based on a couple of photos, and fixed a collection date within two days. No nonsense. Try getting a response like that from your local Council waste management team!
    • Big up for the SE23 Massive!  Good discussion on their local forum (which has become a bit more interesting after being in the doldrums for a decade): https://www.se23.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=14870 The Times article is a bit (trying to think of an inoffensive word) but they and the Standard have to fill their property pages with something
    • What the Overground has done is transformed the demographics of FH.  Plenty more young families and couples.  I love the green of Forest Hill, this time of year Forest Hill is lovely - it is exploding with green everywhere. One of the other reasons we moved here is we didn't want a conversion flat and places like Penge, Forest Hill, Sydenham and Beckenham have a better range of mid century purpose built private blocks of flats - which was what we wanted for preference. Well obviously for preference we wanted a house,  but not everyone has the OPs budget 😄
    • The point I am making is that rich people will always be able to afford better things in life.  The industrialists who took over from gentleman farmers, particularly on the arrival of the railways, hardly made Dulwich into Welwyn Garden City, Saltaire or Bourneville.  Although you could argue the Dulwich Estate did something like this in parts of the village and West Dulwich in the 60s and 70s. Clean air is a relative term, cleaner air would be better.  From my understanding Clean Air Dulwich are promoting active travel and less car journeys.  Clean air for all, and One Dulwich, are principally against restrictions on drivers.  You cannot get cleaner air without some restrictions on drivers. It's fair to ask who is behind all the groups, although I sense and agenda on this thread. 
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In