The Barry Barry Road Race 2011: Date Announcement - Saturday 23rd of July

people plural?? I know I-appear-to-be-in-need-of-assistance-Robert is wont to take it, but who were the compadres?

Lotty/Kirsty - well done for stepping up and posting so many pics this year.

Well done to Jason and Bobby for achieving yet another huge increase in numbers

A barry day indeed

What time did you all set off running? I wandered down to Barry Road about 3:15pm but couldn't see any sign (unless you were all a tame looking bunch this year, which I doubt!). Sounds like a good day was had, hope to join in next time.

Would just like to add my thanks to everybody involved in making Saturday a truly tremendous day. I think that may have been the best one yet but to be fair they've all been pretty amazing days that do just seem to get better and better.

Keep an eye out for the Southwark News on Thursday....

I would also just like to say that picture 50 from Caroline's Photbox may suggest that I was boarding a bus but I was merely inspecting the passengers to ensure that there were no competitors on the cheat. And of course there was not.

Thanks again Sports Fans, please return your Laser settings to stun

Surfbobby aka Barry Barry Bob

Hahaha! Of course! I can confirm that no contenders were on the bus with me and my camera at all;-)

Siduhe - follow the links to my photos above, and you'll see plenty of the avocado, which was a superb costume indeed!

I shall look forward to next year's race.

surfbobby Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ps - anyone seen my bib?

>

> I believe it has my name on it

I saw it on a table as we were leaving the Clock House...on right hand side. We left the Clock House pretty late, so I guess it is probably still there (I think you left before us?). You could give them a ring if you haven't already done so.

Think it was nearer 4pm the race kicked off - happened to be heading home after a birthday party (1st birthday thus the early finish!) and managed to see all of the competitors from the car, was like poetry in motion! Saw the avocado lady, but was the dashing (as in running) chap in the dress that puzzled me ;-)

Was shame couldn't stop to say hi, but with snoozing bugglet and the weeks shopping in the boot wasn't practical :(

• 4 weeks later...

Indeed it was I, the reindeer-clad youth who won the race. The question i'm after is HOW to I get my trip to the top of el Shard?

Thank you very much all for a very enjoyable event, I am very much intending to try and defend my crown next year.

Thank you please.

Arthur