Dulwich Hamlet

Almost certainly not this season. Even if Meadow were to cave in suddenly and let the club play there on acceptable terms, the pitch is in a right state and would take months to get up to standard. Think next season at the earliest ? which is a shame, but the club will survive and it will return.

BrandNewGuy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Almost certainly not this season. Even if Meadow

> were to cave in suddenly and let the club play

> there on acceptable terms, the pitch is in a right

> state and would take months to get up to standard.

> Think next season at the earliest ? which is a

> shame, but the club will survive and it will

> return.

Thanks for the update, BNG.

And @ James Barber: what's happening about (what looks to me like) the permanent barricade?

ruffers Wrote:

> BrandNewGuy Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > ... take them down to a 'home' game at Tooting.

> > It's good fun :-)

>

> Agreed, and you get a tour of south London on the

> way...

Thanks will do. It's not quite as convenenient though with 2 changes by train and tram but my guests are all up for it so its all good.

Amanda1979 Wrote:

> The pitch has been mowed... no idea if this is of

> significance but hopefully it means someone is

> being bought in to look after it?

Looks like it's been watered as well. I've been dying to say it was looking like a meadow.

SoozieW Wrote:

> Thanks will do. It's not quite as convenenient

> though with 2 changes by train and tram but my

> guests are all up for it so its all good.

ED > Tulse Hill > Mitcham Junction, train all the way, one change, 22 mins and a five minute walk.

• 1 month later...
Is Southwark not pursuing a CPO and granting Meadow a lease for the astroturf area a good thing? Will.they not just p*** residents off again by allowing inconsiderate events and again look to move the stadium and build flats? Especially after Southwark are busy actually investing in making the Green area more accessible etc.

So the council has written to Meadow to "confirm that there is no formal resolution for the CPO and to offer terms for the reoccupation of the astroturf."

Happy to see the CPO is still in the back pocket for the future, but will be interested to see what these terms are. Clearly this announcement has been made today to try to maximise publicity for it given tonight's fixture (which I trust we're all attending, or at least donating to..) so I wonder if we might hear from other backers as well on what they're doing now the initial fuss has faded away? I say this as an optimist btw, not a critic.

• 2 weeks later...

isnottropical Wrote:

> Fantastic news - the club have just announced

> their return to Champion Hill (looking at around

> 4-6 weeks until the ground is ready).

Best news this year for me. About fecking time though.

Thanks for posting, isnottropical.

Fantastic news, and glad to hear

- DHFC has got access to the astroturf AND the stadium on an 18mth contract....superb!

- In return for granting DHFC acccess to the site, the council will not follow through on its CPO to Meadow, but DHFC needs to invest in the Greendale site

This last part...does this mean that the threat of housing development is still present? or have the council smashed Meadow's schemes to smithereens?

Trying to work out what, if any, concessions were offered here in order to break the deadlock.

This is good news for the club, certainly, and will be good to have them playing back where they belong.

As a local resident I do worry about what concessions the council may have offered Meadow though, particularly regarding the Greendale space. It doesn't seem like Meadow are the kind of outfit that would have given up in with no promises on housing or development. In the Evening Standard article https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/footballs-coming-home-for-dulwich-hamlet-with-champion-hill-return-confirmed-a3969711.html it says that "Hamlet are now quietly confident for the future but are aware that Meadow Partners will put in another planning application for the site in future". What does this mean? Is there any way for us to get insight into the details of the deal, and whether any planning sweeteners were thrown in?